Has he gone and done it this time?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

Has he gone and done it this time?

Post by Rugby Gooner »

According to B.B.C. News Jeremy Clarckson has been suspended for being "involved in a fracas" with a Top Gear producer!. Also, as a consequence, this Sundays Top Gear will not be shown. :D

Red Snapper

Re: Has he gone and done it this time?

Post by Red Snapper »

If he's gone he'll be out of work for about ten minutes. With the money the BBC make from Top Gear if they cut it some other station will pick it straight up.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

bbc will be stupid if they do get rid. top gear wont work without him. yes may and hammond are very funny cocking around in top gear sometimes without clarkson, but the dynamic wont work without him.

top gear can carry on but wont be anything like as successful

like him or loathe him clarkson is entertaining.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I find it amusing that the press has hung him out to dry and presumed his guilt with statements like "not before time" and "he should do the decent thing and resign" when none of the facts have come to light!

BBC will shoot themselves in the foot big time if they let him go. Love him or hate him he is a big brand for them. Top Gear is one of the BBC's most successful shows and brings in loads of revenue for them.

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

He is an arrogant twat so good riddance methinks.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Nuggets wrote:He is an arrogant twat so good riddance methinks.
maybe arrogant but very funny. shame people just want to be offended by anything and cant say anything remotely non pc anymore.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If the BBC are making so much money from BBC worldwide, why the fuck do we have to pay for a TV licence?

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

the playing mantis wrote:
Nuggets wrote:He is an arrogant twat so good riddance methinks.
maybe arrogant but very funny. shame people just want to be offended by anything and cant say anything remotely non pc anymore.
I like a joke as well as the next person but this n00b just is not funny, he is full of himself, arrogant and not a nice person.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Clarkson is a bit of a prick, but I do enjoy his style of broadcasting, I do think he is fucked this time though, as anything other than his dismissal will make him bigger than the company itself.
Also think Top Gear has deteriorated as a show over the last few series.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

goonersid wrote:Clarkson is a bit of a prick, but I do enjoy his style of broadcasting, I do think he is fucked this time though, as anything other than his dismissal will make him bigger than the company itself.
It's not that easy to dismiss a guy who's bigger than his employers. :rubchin: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Not a massive fan of the show but my son is so a few years back went to see the live event in Dublin. It was really enjoyable in fairness. Clarkson made a few borderline racist/Irish remarks and got booed etc. But the point he was he knew what he was saying and where he was saying it and it was all good humoured.

I'm not comfortable with David Cameron's comments even if he (Cameron) was put on the spot. The story as I understand it is Clarkson assaulted or attempted to assault a producer over the meal choices made to him. Assault is a crime and has no place in the workplace (or anywhere) , and Clarkson should not survive this , if proven, allegation . His humour has survived and there is a remote control with most TVs so if you don't like it switch it. Assault is a different matter.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

arseofacrow wrote:
goonersid wrote:Clarkson is a bit of a prick, but I do enjoy his style of broadcasting, I do think he is fucked this time though, as anything other than his dismissal will make him bigger than the company itself.
It's not that easy to dismiss a guy who's bigger than his employers. :rubchin: :wink:
personally I think the beeb should be careful what they wish for, and hope they don't turn into a sterile channel like channel 5 :D

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

Bradywasking wrote:Not a massive fan of the show but my son is so a few years back went to see the live event in Dublin. It was really enjoyable in fairness. Clarkson made a few borderline racist/Irish remarks and got booed etc. But the point he was he knew what he was saying and where he was saying it and it was all good humoured.

I'm not comfortable with David Cameron's comments even if he (Cameron) was put on the spot. The story as I understand it is Clarkson assaulted or attempted to assault a producer over the meal choices made to him. Assault is a crime and has no place in the workplace (or anywhere) , and Clarkson should not survive this , if proven, allegation . His humour has survived and there is a remote control with most TVs so if you don't like it switch it. Assault is a different matter.
Spot on, if it was one of us we would be in court. :wink:

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Nuggets wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Not a massive fan of the show but my son is so a few years back went to see the live event in Dublin. It was really enjoyable in fairness. Clarkson made a few borderline racist/Irish remarks and got booed etc. But the point he was he knew what he was saying and where he was saying it and it was all good humoured.

Spot on, if it was one of us we would be in court. :wink:

No you wouldn't.......at least not unless it was witnessed by a police officer.

Common assault is not classified as an 'arrestable offence' and the power of arrest provided to a police officer is conditional on the officer actually seeing the offence.

Therefore, even if it were you, you wouldn't be in court either.