SACKED

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonersid

SACKED

Post by goonersid »

Got sacked from my job of 17 years last Monday, had been suspended for two weeks on full pay (during some lovely weather :wink: )basically i inadvertently copied someone in on an email where I referred to them as a twat (not my boss but one of my peers) he duly reported me and made a formal complaint cos we fucking loathed each other. My manager authorised a review of all my emails, which revealed that another 2 lads who were members of his team where also involved in calling this *word censored* just about every name under the sun.
All 3 of us got the sack, tbf they had been after me for years, cos I always stood up to anything I thought was unfair. Starting new job tomorrow, but have to go to site in Holland on Monday week, 16 days away and 5 home, going to be tough for me, the missus and my 2 kids, she has been fucking brilliant all through this nightmare, the job pays twice what I was on so going to ride out the 6 months on site pay off our debts. So fuck the bastards.

Red Snapper

Re: SACKED

Post by Red Snapper »

Every cloud etc. What about your two mates?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Red Snapper wrote:Every cloud etc. What about your two mates?
One quit as the guy was alrready making his life a misery other lad will get his verdict tomorrow

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

That's a shame mate, sounds like you're making the best of it anyway. Onwards and upwards.

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

Bastards, glad you got sorted, we are just numbers, when I left my job of over 20 years this is what they said..........thanks for your hard work please leave your phone and ID card in reception before you go. :cussing: :cussing: fook em all.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

World is full of scumbag employers. Know you were having long-term problems there Sid... Sadly know what you are feeling only too well, thankfully for you you got sorted early. there is nothing worse than brooding over cruntish bastards that used you , demanded loyalty from you and then fucked you up over a slight mistake. The fucking hours lying awake in darkness hating yourself and the world are the worst. What is worse is your so called work mates ignore you, too fucking into self preservation to care about someone they stood beside for 15 plus years.

REB

Post by REB »

emails can be so dangerous :?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Glad you got another job so fast Sid, really sad to hear. Theres loyalty for you. Is the union involved though seems excessive reaction to me. Especially if the guy is indeed a twat. :evil:

Are you sure they didnt see your death wish against Wenger emails and postings on here though, that could have been the last straw :? :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

weren't you the one on here complaining how you loathed your boss because you were always covering for him and making him look good while he was only their cos his brother ran the company ?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Hope all goes well Sid in the new job, sometimes things work out for the best, even though it doesn't seem it at the time.

Anyway, all the best mate.

Fuck em all, fuck em all.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Can't believe you got sacked, Sid. :shock: :wink:

All the best for you in your new job though, I know what it's like to work with a bunch of *word censored*.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:Got sacked from my job of 17 years last Monday, had been suspended for two weeks on full pay (during some lovely weather :wink: )basically i inadvertently copied someone in on an email where I referred to them as a twat (not my boss but one of my peers) he duly reported me and made a formal complaint cos we fucking loathed each other. My manager authorised a review of all my emails, which revealed that another 2 lads who were members of his team where also involved in calling this *word censored* just about every name under the sun.
All 3 of us got the sack, tbf they had been after me for years, cos I always stood up to anything I thought was unfair. Starting new job tomorrow, but have to go to site in Holland on Monday week, 16 days away and 5 home, going to be tough for me, the missus and my 2 kids, she has been fucking brilliant all through this nightmare, the job pays twice what I was on so going to ride out the 6 months on site pay off our debts. So fuck the bastards.
Sorry to hear of that Sid....But as someone has alreadys aid what may at first seem like a bad thing can often prove to be a blessing later on...

So you are going into the Sex Industry in Holland eh!?.....remember whatever you do DON'T SWALLOW! :lol: :wink:

Good Luck Sidney! :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Sorry to hear your news sid but best of luck in your new job :barscarf:

Btw was the c.unt you referred to in your email, the boss's brother that you slated on here before ? I'd imagine it would give you some satisfaction if you got to vent at him before you left 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Sounds a bit cuntish to get rid of you like that but if they were after you anyway, you're best out of the place. Sounds like you're doing the right thing and a job which pays more is always good news. As you say, do the job, get the money and see where you are in six months.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Sorry to hear that Sid glad you got yourself sorted though