Any cyclist on here?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
the playing mantis

Any cyclist on here?

Post by the playing mantis »

Having returned and read a bit of the running thread, inspired to ask any cyclist on here? either road bikers or mtn bikers?

commuters too.

i do all 3, commute, mtn bike in winter and road in summer spring autumn.

im not a fat mamil.

also a run twice a week 3 mile high intensity interval training run every monday evening and 7 mile stamina builder on thursdays usually.

worst thing to happen to british cycling was wiggo winning the tour. far too many fat dentists and people with zero cycling/road etiquette, and all the gear no idea types came into it as it became fashionable,

armchair

Re: Any cyclist on here?

Post by armchair »

Wow! You must be fit as a butchers dog. But better still....how do you find the time to do all that running and cycling.....? :barscarf:

Totally agree though about the influx of all these asshole, new age, garish-lycra-wearing, fat mamils with all the brand new gear. Olympics has a lot to answer for. Lol at the arseholes and their "helmet-cams" :D

the playing mantis

armchair wrote:Wow! You must be fit as a butchers dog. But better still....how do you find the time to do all that running and cycling.....? :barscarf:

Totally agree though about the influx of all these asshole, new age, garish-lycra-wearing, fat mamils with all the brand new gear. Olympics has a lot to answer for. Lol at the arseholes and their "helmet-cams" :D

not so bad as i commute 20m every day killing 2 birds with one stone (exercise and getting to train station) and have a big ride 60-85 every sunday morning, getting up v early so i dont get in trouble for spoiling the whole sunday...

the playing mantis

also should add i exercise so i can eat...if i dindt would be a fat fuck as i like my food!

the playing mantis

nothing wrong with lycra f you are lean enough for it!

helmet cams although in principal a reasonable idea, are generally for people that are complete helmets...looking for trouble and causing it just to film it on their cam.

u get some dickhead drivers, or idiots on their mobile whilst driving who really wind me up (usually young women), but so long as you ride sensibly, taking primary position when necessary and being courteous most vehicles are perfectly fine and accommodating.

helmet cams on the road in my experience MOSTLY go out with the intention of causing something to film.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Yes, I cycle three or four times a week.

I don't know if anyone noticed but there is a thread about it

click this interestingly worded link to see it :wink:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/Th ... CycleEvent

Mrs Spuddy also cycles........once a month and she moans like fuck the whole time :lol: :lol: