The Cricket Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Swifty

Re: The Ashes

Post by Swifty »

LDB wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Don't follow the cricket - But a colleague said Eng;and had fucked up - and instead of totally humiliating the ozzies by following up the last game where they demolished them within the first innings - they blew it and let the smug upsidedown cock suckers off the hook.

sounds about right for england.
That and we're nowhere near as good as the ozzies made us look in the last game
Aussies you Muppets not Ozzies :wink:

Only as good as your last match I say. Aussie Aussie Aussie -Oi Oi Oi (yes that is drivel). Can't stand cricket actually.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Swifty wrote:
LDB wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Don't follow the cricket - But a colleague said Eng;and had fucked up - and instead of totally humiliating the ozzies by following up the last game where they demolished them within the first innings - they blew it and let the smug upsidedown cock suckers off the hook.

Only as good as your last match I say. Aussie Aussie Aussie -Oi Oi Oi (yes that is drivel). Can't stand cricket actually.
:tickedoff:

:wink:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Swifty wrote:
LDB wrote:

I thought that as I was typing it but the post I was replying to used ozzies so I copied :oops:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Credit to the Aussies - they know how to avoid an uncomfortable thread.

:lol: :barscarf:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Don't care ODI & T20 cricket so can't be arsed to post updates. :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

officepest wrote:Don't care ODI & T20 cricket so can't be arsed to post updates. :barscarf:
:lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Fuck it!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Was there a game of cricket or something? :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I contacted lords on twitter, considering going today. They say they have a few hundred tickets left. Price £110 or £125!

Also it's raining. Typical!

Might see if I can get a cheapie ticket later on.

officepest

Post by officepest »

nut flush gooner wrote:I contacted lords on twitter, considering going today. They say they have a few hundred tickets left. Price £110 or £125!

Also it's raining. Typical!

Might see if I can get a cheapie ticket later on.
Just give up mate; it's not meant to be. :lol: :wink:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Swing/seam bowlers of the world are joined in mourning the news that Shane L B W Watson has announced his immediate retirement from Test Cricket.

He will be sadly missed - just like he missed the ball as it crashed into his pads for the 379th time.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Thought the Stokes incident was disappointing yesterday. No way could he have reacted to stop the ball in the fraction of a second it would have taken for the ball to reach him and in the split second he had to react when Starc cocked his arm I doubt he would have thought about risking getting his arm shattered to try and block a cricket ball.

When you play it in slow motion it looks unnatural but it's so obviously misleading. If the third umpire had put himself in Stokes' shoes he'd have realised you'd have to be a lunatic to stick your arm out to try and block a cricket ball being hurled from a few yards away.

That said I don't completely empathise with England's position as moral guardians of the game and certainly don't believe that they would have concluded instantly that they shouldn't have appealed. Anybody remember this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIy4dRbCo8

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Incredible catch by the aussie lad near the end today. He caught it, knew he was falling over the line, threw the ball up, regained his balance to recatch the ball.

Never seen that. 8) 8)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

arseofacrow wrote:Incredible catch by the aussie lad near the end today. He caught it, knew he was falling over the line, threw the ball up, regained his balance to recatch the ball.

Never seen that. 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBdcL7YsdBY

Indeed great catch but we won! This is even more insane even though lyth palms it back to finch.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Clearly a lot of interest here so best keep things ticking over...

Selection issues for England. Buttler has to be dropped. He isn't a Test batsman, he might wallop a quick fifty at home to NZ when you are 360-5 but he will consistently fail.

Bell has to go as well for me. Confidence is gone and his time has come. Moeen will also never make an opener.

That said I have sympathy with the selectors because the quality isn't there. No Test quality spinners, no feasible opening partner for Cook and a middle order stacked full of youngsters who are unproven at Test level.

officepest

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:Clearly a lot of interest here so best keep things ticking over...

Selection issues for England. Buttler has to be dropped. He isn't a Test batsman, he might wallop a quick fifty at home to NZ when you are 360-5 but he will consistently fail.

Bell has to go as well for me. Confidence is gone and his time has come. Moeen will also never make an opener.

That said I have sympathy with the selectors because the quality isn't there. No Test quality spinners, no feasible opening partner for Cook and a middle order stacked full of youngsters who are unproven at Test level.
Indeed he has been, mate. Taylor has replaced him and Bairstow drops to seven and takes the gloves. Not sure Ali opening has any legs but they're persisting with it. Shows up the lack of options we have at opener.

Shame about Bell, but all good things and that.