Why is everything Englands fault?!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

Re: Why is everything Englands fault?!

Post by Rugby Gooner »

On a cool note. I have been on a weeks course on fucking team building, working with diversity et al,this week. The 3 "Tutors" were muslim lads in their mid 20,s. After the lunch break today we worked for about an hour, then one of them stood up and said,"Can everyone please stop what they are doing as we are going to hold a minutes silence to remember the victims of 9/11.
This was totally unprompted by any of the people doing the course. How cool was that?! :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

They fucking hate the English, and have their own parliament/assembly along with Scotland and Northern Ireland,(but not England),but now the Welsh want the English taxpayer to contribute 100's of millions to prop up their Port Talbot steel plant. Pay for it yourselves!
Don't be hypocrites, you hate us, don't take our money! :banghead: :evil:

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

On a more cheerful note Happy Saint Georges Day to each and everyone on the forum. Us English aint that bad.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:They fucking hate the English, and have their own parliament/assembly along with Scotland and Northern Ireland,(but not England),but now the Welsh want the English taxpayer to contribute 100's of millions to prop up their Port Talbot steel plant. Pay for it yourselves!
The Welsh Assembly has limited powers (thankfully) and then only in certain devolved areas. It doesn't work that all of Wales' tax receipts goes to Cardiff, or that all of the UK tax receipts are divvied up and sent to the constituent parts for them to spend. The Welsh Assembly has a budget commensurate to their powers and responsibilities. The idea being broadly that what the Welsh Assembly spends in these areas in Wales, the UK government spends in England (and not Wales).

The steel industry is not devolved so Wales are hardly double-dipping. The British steel industry is a UK-wide matter and it just so happens that Tata's biggest plant is in Port Talbot. It's not spending English taxpayers money on Welsh matters and more than helping out a steel plant in England would be spending Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish taxpayers money on English matters.

And I'm not sure where you are getting this idea about the Welsh hating the English - somebody should have told me because apparently I've been living my life wrong!

Hope that you can enjoy St Georges Day in this seemingly horribly oppressive country called "England".

Sean

Post by Sean »

As a London born-and-raised child of Scottish parents (and Irish descent), It's refreshing to see a healthy dose of unionism here and not the bitter separatism that has blighted us these past couple of decades :barscarf:

I love our United Kingdom :unionjack:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:They fucking hate the English, and have their own parliament/assembly along with Scotland and Northern Ireland,(but not England),but now the Welsh want the English taxpayer to contribute 100's of millions to prop up their Port Talbot steel plant. Pay for it yourselves!

And I'm not sure where you are getting this idea about the Welsh hating the English - somebody should have told me because apparently I've been living my life wrong!

Hope that you can enjoy St Georges Day in this seemingly horribly oppressive country called "England".
I get the idea about the Welsh hating the English from the comments I heard from Wales fans during the Six Nations,the ones from Swansea fans when they beat us recently,from a welsh lad I worked with who told us that his family in wales "fucking hate the English" etc etc etc.

As for St Georges Day, many people consider the day, the flag and the English racist, so I will be giving it a swerve.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

I get the idea about the Welsh hating the English from the comments I heard from Wales fans during the Six Nations,the ones from Swansea fans when they beat us recently,from a welsh lad I worked with who told us that his family in wales "fucking hate the English" etc etc etc.

As for St Georges Day, many people consider the day, the flag and the English racist, so I will be giving it a swerve.
Posted this on the St George's thread but fits here too;

DB10GOONER wrote:
Racist.

:D :wink:

The PC brigade over there really are morons. Absolutely no harm in being proud of your country and nationality. Why shouldn't the English celebrate St George's Day? Because a minority of skinheads and neo-Nazi fucktards might hijack it? Fuck them. England, like any country, has it's problems and some dark parts in it's history (again like most countries) but also so many things to take pride in as well.

St Patrick's Day is famous around the world but in Dublin it has become a byword for drunken violence because again a minority can't have a few beers without glassing someone. :x

Fuck the PC brigade and fuck the minority of morons that try to ruin these things. Happy St George's Day to all our English viewers! :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

You have to put sport into context - "I hate England" is generally fine when you are talking about rugby or whatever and referring to the team/fans and I think when people say something like that they are not normally saying that they inherently hate all English people. Likewise my English mates come up with plenty of anti-Welsh stuff around Six Nations time - within reason it's part and parcel of the banter.

I honestly don't know anybody who genuinely professes to hate or even dislike the English. I'm sure there are some sad people living in back-end villages where anybody not speaking Welsh is scowled at and where people still talk about fire-bombing English holiday homes who think like that, but not anybody with half a brain.

Certainly not like Scotland where there is a strong and bitter anti-English sentiment.