I Phone or Samsung Galaxy

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbank123

Re: I Phone or Samsung Galaxy

Post by northbank123 »

REB wrote:I would never go back to apple tbh. My Mrs has the iPhone 6 and she can't wait to get rid of it .I know a lot of people will disagree but imo there are far better phones then an iPhone.
Just about every tech review would agree with you mate. But just comes down to the end user really and what they're looking for. As well as Apple's obvious brand value and marketing power, their phones are extremely easy to navigate and use, and are compatible with other Apple products as well as almost universal app availability etc.

Get less for your money in terms of high-level functioning and technology but most people aren't fussed about that.

augie

Post by augie »

REB wrote:I would never go back to apple tbh. My Mrs has the iPhone 6 and she can't wait to get rid of it .I know a lot of people will disagree but imo there are far better phones then an iPhone.

What is it that she doesnt like about the phone if you dont mind me asking rebs ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:

What is it that she doesnt like about the phone if you dont mind me asking rebs ?

She's a woman so probably everything

REB

Post by REB »

:D :D

the battery, the fact that you have to go on itunes, the screen size , all small stuff augie but she does know that i have the better phone :mrgreen:

REB

Post by REB »

northbank123 wrote:
Just about every tech review would agree with you mate. But just comes down to the end user really and what they're looking for. As well as Apple's obvious brand value and marketing power, their phones are extremely easy to navigate and use, and are compatible with other Apple products as well as almost universal app availability etc.

Get less for your money in terms of high-level functioning and technology but most people aren't fussed about that.
the iphone is very easy to use i will agree and im not a techie person so when its easy to use i buy it :D but the htc i have is also really easy to use and has all the apps that apple have , bigger screen, better battery and easy to put music and photos etc on it :mrgreen:

but thats my opinion and phones like woman are a personal choice :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Apple really hit the apex of iPhone tech at about the 4 I think - for me anyway. It looked much better than the current wafer thin shite and the menus were more intuitive to navigate. Everything after the 4 is mostly cosmetic and/or superfluous. But they gotta keep selling them so they gotta keep "updating" them and releasing new versions. I used to like the iPhone but much prefer the Samsung now. Interesting that some of you rate the HTC as I always associated them with cheap Asian knock off. Might look at them next.

I do love my iPod though. Was an MP3 man until I bought the iPod and have to admit the iTunes store is brilliant for sourcing those old guitar shredder albums from the 80's that you just cannot get most places! :lol: 8)

My missus has the iPad 2 and the software and OS updates are driving her insane. Apple are very like Microsoft in that they basically add one or two new features, re-organise the menus and then force the "newish" update on the user. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Battery life on iPhones is undeniably appalling. Can get by if you are a moderate user and charge sensibly but if you actually like using your phone a lot and apps (especially like Google Maps) then you're going to struggle.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Apple really hit the apex of iPhone tech at about the 4 I think - for me anyway. It looked much better than the current wafer thin shite and the menus were more intuitive to navigate. Everything after the 4 is mostly cosmetic and/or superfluous. But they gotta keep selling them so they gotta keep "updating" them and releasing new versions. I used to like the iPhone but much prefer the Samsung now. Interesting that some of you rate the HTC as I always associated them with cheap Asian knock off. Might look at them next.

I do love my iPod though. Was an MP3 man until I bought the iPod and have to admit the iTunes store is brilliant for sourcing those old guitar shredder albums from the 80's that you just cannot get most places! :lol: 8)

My missus has the iPad 2 and the software and OS updates are driving her insane. Apple are very like Microsoft in that they basically add one or two new features, re-organise the menus and then force the "newish" update on the user. :roll:

It's funny cos one of the reason's I like the new iphone 6 is the fact that it is a lot thinner than the previous versions which looked and felt like a brick - older iphones always seemed to me to be more suitable for women cos they can carry them around in their handbags, but it never seemed handy for any man who carrys his phone in his pocket :oops:
Personally I can never understand the modern obsession with packages with unlimited data etc - I cant go from surfing the internet on my laptop or ipad 2, and then try and do the same thing on my phone regardless of how big the screen is :roll: I see people talk about the graphics etc on their phone, and I think to my self that even if the phone had 3d and surround sound, it would still be a 5" inch screen so why would you bother ? :?

Obviously I wouldnt buy a phone cos it is "wafer thin" but it would certainly be a good starting point for me 8) I need to be able to text, viber, make and receive calls, listen to music and have some apps - all the rest of it is wasted to me but like DB10, I have to say that itunes is great

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Augie, dont get the latest HTC whatever yo do.

i was a strict HTC fan, simple enough to navigate, good apps, good camera, looks good, fast processor of data etc.

i had a HTC one, lost it last month, was due an updgarde from vodafone anyway, and wasked about cost of latest HTC without even thinking about anything else (iphone completely out of the question for me as will soon be getting one via my work, so dont want 2...). i got a quote and what i thiught was a good deal and said id get back to them.

then i thought id just google the latest htc phone and see what reveiws said. and they said it was ok, but not actually as good as its previous generation all things considered, and compared with the other leading android (the samsung galaxy s6) not a patch on it.

in pretty much every category on a number of differnt techy and consumer sites the samsung caned the latest HTC.

for me camera is a key feature, as it saves , and the galaxy pisses all over the HTC camera, so much better.

i took the plunge and got a better deal with vdfone on the galaxy s6 edge (edge is not strictly necessary over the normal s6 but think it looks sweet and is the future) (also not the edge+ thats too big imo).

they originally quoted me £99 handest at £35month for 24 months with 500mb, 500 mins and unlimited texts. that was shit so got them to £25 pm and £20 handest and 2 months free. i then would be able to get further 30% of the monthly tariff as my work has some sort of relationship with vodafone.

i called up next day as email confirming delivery hadnt come, so they cancelled original order and did it agian as something had gone wrong, but had no written record of my agreed deal. vodafone customer service is simply atrocious, long holds, cutting off, constant transferring back and forth between different areas, stupid rude northern english workers (the offshored ones are fine but only cover certain departments) no one taking responsibility etc etc. eventually after 2 weeks of calls without my own phone and just using a crappy work blackberry, and vodafone constantly forgetting my original agreed tariff/deal, i have ended up with 2 samsung s6 edge handsets, neither of which ive been charged for, £25 tariff pm, unlimited calls and texts and 750mb of data and 2 months free and £180 credit on my account (no idea where thats come from and they have no clue either...think they may reverse it eventually maybe).

if vodafone didnt have what i think is best cverage i would leave in a flash after the saga and cirucs that was getting my new phone.

but getting back on track if you are going android route, samsung s6 galaxy is best by far of the current generation. cant comment on it compared to an iphone persoanlly, but again googling reviews suggests its at the least comparable (some say slightly better) to latest gen of iphone.