I Phone or Samsung Galaxy

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
augie

I Phone or Samsung Galaxy

Post by augie »

Seeing as this is a non footie area of the forum I thought that I would seek some advice from my fellow Gooners 8) I have always been a nokia phone man, but by all accounts the nokia's are being left behind big time by the other manufacturers, so which phone would you lot recommend ? I am a man that mainly uses his phone for calls and texts, so data and cashly cole extra's (that special vibrate service :wink: ) are of no relevance to me, so which phone is the better one ?

g88ner

Re: I Phone or Samsung Galaxy

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:Seeing as this is a non footie area of the forum I thought that I would seek some advice from my fellow Gooners 8) I have always been a nokia phone man, but by all accounts the nokia's are being left behind big time by the other manufacturers, so which phone would you lot recommend ? I am a man that mainly uses his phone for calls and texts, so data and cashly cole extra's (that special vibrate service :wink: ) are of no relevance to me, so which phone is the better one ?
if you just want texts and calls then get a £10 phone from Argos. They all do it.

I'd only invest in a Samsung or I-phone if Apps, internet, camera, etc. are of interest to you, mate 8)

I've got a Samsung S3 mini. Pretty average for smartphones but I lose them so I factor in the cost of buying a new one every time I leave it on a train or drop it in the loo, and the S3 is a price that doesn't make me cry every time I break it :oops: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I've had 2 iPhones would never get anything else

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Same as Flash - iPhone features are just easy to use. If you are a serious phone user then there Are phones out there with better features (HTCs are highly rated by techies) but a bit more difficult to navigate. I wouldn't get anything else.

As Gooner points out if you are just going to be calling and texting why waste the money?

REB

Post by REB »

i had the last two iphones but would never get another , apple are c/unts . htc m9 is now my phone and it is so much better .

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:Seeing as this is a non footie area of the forum I thought that I would seek some advice from my fellow Gooners 8) I have always been a nokia phone man, but by all accounts the nokia's are being left behind big time by the other manufacturers, so which phone would you lot recommend ? I am a man that mainly uses his phone for calls and texts, so data and cashly cole extra's (that special vibrate service :wink: ) are of no relevance to me, so which phone is the better one ?
if you just want texts and calls then get a £10 phone from Argos. They all do it.

I'd only invest in a Samsung or I-phone if Apps, internet, camera, etc. are of interest to you, mate 8)

I've got a Samsung S3 mini. Pretty average for smartphones but I lose them so I factor in the cost of buying a new one every time I leave it on a train or drop it in the loo, and the S3 is a price that doesn't make me cry every time I break it :oops: :lol:

I do use some apps tbf. I had an iphone a few years ago but didnt like it and sold it (for a profit 8) ) three weeks later. Since then I have bought an ipad and I think that it is the mutts nuts so I am tempted to get an iphone cos I am now more familiar with the layout and workings. The concern I have is that the network reception on the wifes iphone sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, and it would frustrate the shit out of me if I couldnt use the fcuking thing :x

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I've had 3 iPhones but now have Samsung s6 which I prefer, Apple kit is so restrictive and amazingly overpriced

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I always ask myself what type of phone would Arsene buy. Then buy something else :wink:

Samsung for me for similar reasons to g88ner :o

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Go with the Galaxy. The S6 is really fucking nice. Plus its not an Apple product, so its a win win.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I've the HTC M9 great phone.

REB

Post by REB »

mcdowell42 wrote:I've the HTC M9 great phone.

the same, got an upfrade 6months ago and went with this, it really is a great phone and pisses all over the iphone.

augie

Post by augie »

Never really considered the htc phone tbh - it's not that I am a brand name shopper (or anything like it), but I just assumed that htc was a crappy Taiwan piece of shit :oops: Apps such as the sky one's, viber and a few others are important too, so would need to be able to get them for my next phone too. You know sometimes too much choice is as bad as too few options :oops:
The reason why I am talking about changing phone is that I am probably switching networks too - have been a Vodafone guy since I got my first phone, but now a local guy is pushing me to switch to 3 mobile cos he has a 3 mobile shop in a nearby town. He has got a lot of money for our club through the fai/3 mobile sponsorship deal, so I kinda feel obliged to support him :oops:

REB

Post by REB »

augie

i moved to three from vodafone and tbh there isnt much difference , as for phones i defo recomend the htc m9 , it is a really good and very easy to use phone, good apps, great internet etc and easy to put stuff on it ie music etc
i have had a couple of iphones and after the htc i would never go back , apple are just c/unts and would never go back to them.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

REB wrote:augie

i moved to three from vodafone and tbh there isnt much difference , as for phones i defo recomend the htc m9 , it is a really good and very easy to use phone, good apps, great internet etc and easy to put stuff on it ie music etc
i have had a couple of iphones and after the htc i would never go back , apple are just c/unts and would never go back to them.

Have to agree,I'm with 3 for the last 8/9 yrs,never had a minute's problem with them.I upgraded to HTC m9 few months back,had the HTC m7 before that.I think when HTC 1st came on the market they weren't great phones,but in the last few yrs they have become the main rivals to Apple.

REB

Post by REB »

I would never go back to apple tbh. My Mrs has the iPhone 6 and she can't wait to get rid of it .I know a lot of people will disagree but imo there are far better phones then an iPhone.