Now they show their true colours

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Now they show their true colours

Post by officepest »

Theoperator wrote:
officepest wrote:The problem is capitalism is a deeply flawed, bankrupt ideology. This added to that fact that there are far too many people in the world, and also humans are essentially selfish, means that this sort of behaviour is inevitable.

T.
Dont see what this has to do with Capitalism :oops: \Arent they flocking to capitalistic "utopias" from non capitalistic often treacherous corrupt regimes
officepest wrote: The only hope is to pray for an extinction level event to wipe Wenger off the planet and let some other creature evolve and try again at this Arsenal lark.
:shock: :lol:
Ignore the capitalism part; it's no more or less bankrupt than communism, anarchy, communal living etc. The extinction level event was my main point - people are mostly shit so let the tapia or whale have a go. :lol:

Good Lord; can you imagine a world in which only Wengers roam freely about the planet?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

officepest wrote:[

Good Lord; can you imagine a world in which only Wengers roam freely about the planet?
:rubchin: Thats clearly immposeeble, as there is as Steve -os 118118 calls have often proven only one 8)

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

we should have backed assad from the start. its proven countless times middle eastern and arab countries go to shit and pose far greater danger to the west if the strongman who may be a nasty bastard and terrorise sections of his own nation, but at least keeps a decent level of order and quality of life and stability for the rest, and thus stops all these migration and refugee crisisis...

saddam, gaddafi, morsi, assad, etc

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Using chemical weapons on his citizens wasn't overly helpful

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

It's a complete mess,to a large part created by Bush and Blair they left a vacuum when they toppled Saddam and didn't plan for the aftermath, we just left them to it. We all know what happens when there is a vacuum. Now the problems from the Middle East are right on our door step. I don't mind taking in true refugees, but as I said earlier, all the economic migrants who just want a better life have jumped on Merkel's bandwagon and the terrorists must be jumping up and down with joy, free passage to Europe, no questions asked.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I see that they are kicking off again in a migrant camp in Croatia because they are not getting what they want.They have also managed,(in a few weeks), to create tension and hostility between Hungary, Serbia and Croatia.Imagine what chaos they will reek if they are allowed to impose themselves on Europe in their millions.
Also if you believe the British Government when they say that they are only going to allow 20,000 to settle in the U.K. you are deluded! I remember in about 2005 when the Eastern European countries entered the E.U. we were told by the Government that,"Only about 10,000 in total would want to come to the U.K." The number at the moment is at about 2 Million and rising!

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:I see that they are kicking off again in a migrant camp in Croatia because they are not getting what they want.They have also managed,(in a few weeks), to create tension and hostility between Hungary, Serbia and Croatia.Imagine what chaos they will reek if they are allowed to impose themselves on Europe in their millions.
Also if you believe the British Government when they say that they are only going to allow 20,000 to settle in the U.K. you are deluded! I remember in about 2005 when the Eastern European countries entered the E.U. we were told by the Government that,"Only about 10,000 in total would want to come to the U.K." The number at the moment is at about 2 Million and rising!
That was a bit different, when these countries entered the EU, other member states were told that they could put a 3 year wait before they could enter their country. UK and I think Denmark said they could come straight away, Blair - the perennial liar - said that without any evidence only 10k would comke. He opened the borders to EU citizens and millions could have come had they wanted to.

I also take issue with the UN, I think it is, saying we should all allow migrants as well as refugees to enter our countries. What about our own citizens though, I appreciate that some these people are desperate, but with so many, it will be to the detriment of other countries. It's a mess. That's all I can say. Merkel said that 800 thousand people cold go to Germany, what are they going to do with the other few million? Leave them to rot on the border after they've been encouraged to make the journey?

the playing mantis

northbank123 wrote:Using chemical weapons on his citizens wasn't overly helpful

his own citizens who were rebelling against the rule of law and have been shown to be fighting (in the majority) for a radical muslim ideology that wants to destroy anyone who doesn't share their beliefs.

well shame he didnt use a few more chems on the c.unts.

the playing mantis

casgooner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:I see that they are kicking off again in a migrant camp in Croatia because they are not getting what they want.They have also managed,(in a few weeks), to create tension and hostility between Hungary, Serbia and Croatia.Imagine what chaos they will reek if they are allowed to impose themselves on Europe in their millions.
That was a bit different, when these countries entered the EU, other member states were told that they could put a 3 year wait before they could enter their country. UK and I think Denmark said they could come straight away, Blair - the perennial liar - said that without any evidence only 10k would comke. He opened the borders to EU citizens and millions could have come had they wanted to.

I also take issue with the UN, I think it is, saying we should all allow migrants as well as refugees to enter our countries. What about our own citizens though, I appreciate that some these people are desperate, but with so many, it will be to the detriment of other countries. It's a mess. That's all I can say. Merkel said that 800 thousand people cold go to Germany, what are they going to do with the other few million? Leave them to rot on the border after they've been encouraged to make the journey?

dont worry, eventually a tipping point will be reached where overcrowding and all the incomers make uk as shit as the places they are coming from and the demand will cease...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

the playing mantis wrote:

his own citizens who were rebelling against the rule of law and have been shown to be fighting (in the majority) for a radical muslim ideology that wants to destroy anyone who doesn't share their beliefs.

Pretty sure that the chemical weapons affected far more than IS fighters.

Regardless; along with torture the prohibition on chemical weapons is one of the few absolutes that most of the world will subscribe to be bound by. Can't exactly justify publicly supporting Assad and then trying to impose some values and decency on the rest of the world.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

People with no homes and jobs have little left to lose so I can understand the unrest and desperation.

I'd be interested to see how young British lads would cope with being in a migrant camp in similar circumstances :rubchin: :lol: - I'm really not convinced we'd be all that civilised to be honest :?

I also think, in similar circumstances, most Brits would try to make their way to Germany, Sweden, etc. rather than settle in Hungary, Serbia, etc. It's common sense if you have a choice; and thanks to Merkel, they do!

the playing mantis

northbank123 wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:

Pretty sure that the chemical weapons affected far more than IS fighters.

Regardless; along with torture the prohibition on chemical weapons is one of the few absolutes that most of the world will subscribe to be bound by. Can't exactly justify publicly supporting Assad and then trying to impose some values and decency on the rest of the world.
how do you know?

lots wanted to support the supposedly 'moderate' opposition to him. in reality the vast majority of the moderate oppostion are raving jihadists.

i do not condone the use of chemical weapons on innocent civilians, however why would assad use them on civilians alone? he would have been using them against the rebels and severely regrettably there is always collateral damage in warfare, chemical or convential.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I don't know for sure - that's just the theme I seem to remember from the news reports and a lot of the victims on there.

Whatever your personal view on chemical weapons the political reality is that the Western countries couldn't support him after that.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Its not just Assad using chemical weapons. What is concerning is that the people fighting over there with IS will come back here with a knowledge and skills in making chemical weapons and start using them here.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Amazing when Putin will be the one to sort it all out. Sort of makes him look good for misunderstanding nato in the Ukraine and the fact that 2000 russians are fighting alongside IS. Doesn't want that stuff being brought back home.