The Life of Riley.........

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
armchair

The Life of Riley.........

Post by armchair »

A certain song will always remind me of a girl I met in Tunisia years ago. I cant even remember what year it was but reckon it was '95.

I had been in a long term relationship and had just broken up and at work I had just gotten a promotion, a pay rise and come the summer hols a £400 backhander! So I went straight down the travel agents and blew it. Apparently, only Tunisia was available so I went for it...........

So in Tunisia I met three lovely girls from Ireland. Two were sisters, but one, would you believe it was travelling on her own?! Just like me! We all ended up hanging out together for the whole week and I ended up with the girl who ad travelled on her own. She was from either Drogheda of Dundalk? Think it was Drogheda though.

Anyways, every time I hear the song "The life of Riley" by the Lightening Seeds I just cant stop myself thinking of her and our week in Tunisia because her surname is "Reiley"

Im sure you horny fukers have plenty of stories of holiday romances to share. Yea......?

OneBardGooner

Re: The Life of Riley.........

Post by OneBardGooner »

Okay....

T'was was 1982 or 1983 - the late 70's and early 80's really were a blurrrr..... :oops:

:barmaid:

Me and 11 mates went to Benidorm...3 to a room at some half finished hotel that still had cement mixers on the patios outside...But all that mattered was the shagging, beer, getting a tan and more shagging and beer - On the second night I got off with a bird by the name of Rosie ( I think that was her name) and she was Oirish - and a right dirty Beeatch - she even went down on me whilst we were on the crowded dance floor - we ended up back at the room I was sharing..me and my two roomies had a 'signal' to say if the room was 'in use' (do not disturb..a white sock on the door handle).. I was banging '( I think her name was Rosie or it may have been Gracie???) :? She said she was from Cork - It always sounded like she was saying Cock...but I digress....

Anyway - we are on the balcony doing the wheelbarrow - and she starts wandering around walking on her hands back inside the room - so we end up with her clinging to the end of one of the beds...and suddenly the bed collapses - so we move over to the next bed and lo and behold that one collapses - the legs just broke on the ends of both beds - the disco is still going on outside by the pools - we go back out to the balcony and start again - suddenly one of the DJ's shines a bright light (like the big one's they used to search for planes with) up the floors of the hotel and there we are doing a version of the wheel barrow - people look up and start cheering and waving...so I start waving back - well what's a boy to do!? :wink:

the light moves on and it would seem there are loads of couples banging away on the balconies...

the next morning I wake up and see the two beds - and think awww fckk there goes all the beer money - so we (me and my roomies) take some of the wire things from inside the matresses and do a temporary fix on the 2 broken beds, and make the beds (the sheets and pillows etc) so if the maid/cleaner comes in they look fine ...and head off to breakfast (more beer and some toasties) ...we head back to the room to get our towels etc and there are these 3 German lads leaving with suitcases etc...we wait till they get in the lift and as try their door - unbeknownst to us till then any of the room keys fots all the doors, so we change our 2 broken beds for theirs - Sorrted.

Two of the songs being played were 'Ring My Bell' by Amy something and one by Eddie Grant - I think it was called Electric Avenue or something similar...all the hotels and disco's were playing them non-stop.

I came home Tanned, Skint and with the hangober of all hangovers...but what a fortnight... :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Song reminds me of pre-kick off at Highbury

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Ev'-ry. Note. All. Sung. The. Same. Way. No. Change. In. Pitch. No. Need. To. Change. Key. The. Life. Of. Riley.

Was the music for GotM in 94/95 if memory serves; I used to dig it back then.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

armchair wrote:A certain song will always remind me of a girl I met in Tunisia years ago. I cant even remember what year it was but reckon it was '95.

I had been in a long term relationship and had just broken up and at work I had just gotten a promotion, a pay rise and come the summer hols a £400 backhander! So I went straight down the travel agents and blew it. Apparently, only Tunisia was available so I went for it...........

So in Tunisia I met three lovely girls from Ireland. Two were sisters, but one, would you believe it was travelling on her own?! Just like me! We all ended up hanging out together for the whole week and I ended up with the girl who ad travelled on her own. She was from either Drogheda of Dundalk? Think it was Drogheda though.

Anyways, every time I hear the song "The life of Riley" by the Lightening Seeds I just cant stop myself thinking of her and our week in Tunisia because her surname is "Reiley"

Im sure you horny fukers have plenty of stories of holiday romances to share. Yea......?
Man, Drogheda is a shithole. :lol: Still, myself and my mates banged our way through the female population of that town back in the late 80's early to mid 90's. So, happily for you, I probably knocked the hole off your bird. 8)

You're welcome. :D :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
armchair wrote:A certain song will always remind me of a girl I met in Tunisia years ago. I cant even remember what year it was but reckon it was '95.

Man, Drogheda is a shithole. :lol: Still, myself and my mates banged our way through the female population of that town back in the late 80's early to mid 90's. So, happily for you, I probably knocked the hole off your bird. 8)

If she told you she was from Drogheda she probably wasn't ..I mean who would admit it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

If she told you she was from Drogheda she probably wasn't ..I mean who would admit it.
:lol: :lol:

And that fucking accent. :oops: They pronounce "Drogheda" as "Daawda". :oops: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

northbank123 wrote:Song reminds me of pre-kick off at Highbury
Reminds me of the goal of the month competition on MOTD all them years ago when the ice man would finish 1,2,3 8)