Scuba diving with bull sharks

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Scuba diving with bull sharks

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I know it's me and you probably think I'm taking the piss but I am on holiday in November in Mexico, i have done scuba diving there before but I have met a company that do swimming with bull sharks.

Although it looks safe, has anyone on here done it, the reason I ask is because me and my son were well up for it but today on the tv I saw a story of an aussie who had his leg bitten off by one.

I dived in the maldives (yes in more ways than one :wink: ) and swam with many reef and nurse sharks but they are nowhere near as big as bull sharks.

So in essence yes or no :rubchin:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Scuba diving with bull sharks

Post by StuartL »

Yes go for it.....what's the worse that can happen ?

Naki_Gooner

Post by Naki_Gooner »

Is it a cage dive? or are you 'fair game'. I've cage dived with great whites and it ranks up there as one of the best things I have ever done, but, there's no way known I'd be in the same place as an aggressive shark without having the cage between them and me. Not long ago in Sydney a navy diver lost an arm and a leg to a bull shark, I think, but don't quote me, bull sharks are more aggressive than great whites, and while they may not like the taste of humans, they take a chunk before they figure it out. But fuck it, you only live once :D

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Go for it mate, rare things that happen one offs make headlines but thousands of hours of fun dont. \more relevant is that its the sort of memory your lad will always remember above another day on the beech.

Whatever you do keep your left leg in the cage- Rightfootlegendgooner doesnt sound so good :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

You may not get the chanc eagain - You HAVE TO do it...Just remember to tie the struggling splashing baby seal dipped in BBQ sauce around your neck before diving in amongst them. :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: And do remember to go at night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPEHygqoKZU

:wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

StuartL wrote:Yes go for it.....what's the worse that can happen ?
:lol:

Exactly......oh wait a minute :? :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Naki_Gooner wrote:Is it a cage dive? or are you 'fair game'. I've cage dived with great whites and it ranks up there as one of the best things I have ever done, but, there's no way known I'd be in the same place as an aggressive shark without having the cage between them and me. Not long ago in Sydney a navy diver lost an arm and a leg to a bull shark, I think, but don't quote me, bull sharks are more aggressive than great whites, and while they may not like the taste of humans, they take a chunk before they figure it out. But fuck it, you only live once :D
No it's not a cage dive mate, you are in a group of 8 or so and stay on the sea bed while a few of them swim around you :shock:

The soldier in Australia lost his leg, that's what I saw the other day on TV, he was swimming and said he didn't even realise his leg was bitten off, poor fucker.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Theoperator wrote:Go for it mate, rare things that happen one offs make headlines but thousands of hours of fun dont. \more relevant is that its the sort of memory your lad will always remember above another day on the beech.

Whatever you do keep your left leg in the cage- Rightfootlegendgooner doesnt sound so good :wink:

No it doesn't mate.

My missus is buying me a GOPRO for my birthday (if anyone knows whether I should go for the 4 black or 4 silver would welcome advice) so will get some great footage.

I wanted to dive with the whale sharks as its on my to do list but your not allowed to dive with em after September.

I dived with manta rays in May which was on the to do list and it was brilliant.

My missus btw really doesn't want us to do it but she freaks out at big fish tbh, on holiday in May an eagle Ray brushed past us (tbf it was quite big) and she just panicked and started flapping like a lunatic, this would have been ok had she not had my waterproof camera housing tied round her wrist, she whacked me round the head about 4 fucking times :shock: would be safer to dive with bull sharks than swim with the missus :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

OneBardGooner wrote:You may not get the chanc eagain - You HAVE TO do it...Just remember to tie the struggling splashing baby seal dipped in BBQ sauce around your neck before diving in amongst them. :D :wink:
:shock: :lol:

Thanks mate, knew I could depend on you :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Here's a link to who I am doing scuba diving with, 6 of us are going fishing with them too, already booked that for the morning of my birthday, only my son and I dive though.

http://www.akumaldiveshop.com/seasonal- ... rk-diving/

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

No cage :shock:

Can you please make sure your misses has your gooner forum password so we know the sad outcome, see the vid and start up the obituary thread page :oops:

Does sound great though- enjoy 8)

PS anyone else good at jokes to carry on the jokes thread :?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Theoperator wrote:No cage :shock:

Can you please make sure your misses has your gooner forum password so we know the sad outcome, see the vid and start up the obituary thread page :oops:

Does sound great though- enjoy 8)

PS anyone else good at jokes to carry on the jokes thread :?
Threads already exist, mate. :D

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

You ever try muff diving with bull dykes? Quite the experience. :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:You ever try muff diving with bull dykes? Quite the experience. :rubchin:

nomuff2tuff was my xbox and playstation nametag for years until some cretins complained and I had to change it :roll:

Ironic thing is I only played COD games which were 18 rated games, so some tools who let their 5 year old kids onto bloodthirsty 18 rated games think my nametag might offend them :roll: :? :lol: