Paris attacks

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
casgooner

Paris attacks

Post by casgooner »

My god what a world we live in. I was stunned last night as the news filtered through. Its not just an attack on France, it is an attack on the West.

RIP

GranadaJoe

Re: Paris attacks

Post by GranadaJoe »

I'm waiting in dread for the first member of the chattering clases to tell us 'it's nothing to do with religión ...'

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

The match against France on Tuesday night is to go ahead as planned.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

GranadaJoe wrote:I'm waiting in dread for the first member of the chattering clases to tell us 'it's nothing to do with religión ...'
As soon as the first news coverage of eyewitness reports failed to say that the assailants were Caucasian or something similar it was absolutely obvious that this was yet another Islamist attack (if it wasn't already). You can bet your bottom dollar that had that been the case, all of the news outlets would have been screaming it from the rooftops as soon as it started unfolding - as it was everybody was terrified to report what the eyewitnesses must have been reporting from the start about the ethnicity and religious motivation of these scum.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

GranadaJoe wrote:I'm waiting in dread for the first member of the chattering clases to tell us 'it's nothing to do with religión ...'
Best you don't go on to facebook then Joe

:banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

I firmly believe that they (and the other European countries and the US) need to launch a series of heavy missile attacks on Syria - I know that there is a possibility that innocent people will die in these attacks, but if you get into a war then you have to be willing to get down in the trenches and get your hands dirty, and Syria needs to be sent a message that they cannot compete with the force of their opponents :evil:

Btw, it is very encouraging to see that one of the terrorists was a "refugee" that had travelled over through Greece - terrorists posing as refugees.......who could have seen that happening :roll: :oops:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I would go further so much further that i darent elaborate

armchair

Post by armchair »

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

augie wrote:I firmly believe that they (and the other European countries and the US) need to launch a series of heavy missile attacks on Syria - I know that there is a possibility that innocent people will die in these attacks, but if you get into a war then you have to be willing to get down in the trenches and get your hands dirty, and Syria needs to be sent a message that they cannot compete with the force of their opponents :evil:

Btw, it is very encouraging to see that one of the terrorists was a "refugee" that had travelled over through Greece - terrorists posing as refugees.......who could have seen that happening :roll: :oops:

My thoughts exactly Augie great post

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

I've been shouted down for suggesting that terrorists could masquerade as refugees, but I am a tad suspicious that passports were found on the bodies. Why would you take a passport with you to mass murder and suicide?

On the other hand, why would you suggest that a refugee had done this and close a possible terrorist route to Europe.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Here we go with the fukin conspiracy theories. :roll:

First of all afaik ID has to be carried in France and second of all "holding" a passport doesnt necessarily mean you have it on you.
And third of all - who gives a fuck? The c.unts are swarming all over us like fukin c.unts

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

blimey, I don't bother with conspiracy theories, but the whole point of them is to divide people, they may have wanted to make a point or they may want us all to hate refugees so they can start a full on war on the west. Who knows.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Thank goodness the 3 c.unts didnt get into the Stade De France (its reported taht one had a ticket)- its really could have been so so much worse that it was already.

Expect the stories will come out soon, but sounds like the Stade security at least managed to prevent a horror show there.

Its a no win situation, not sure bombing or missiles will do the job on its own. Afraid its troups back into Iraq and now into Syria that will see to this branch of mad extremists. However they will no doubt re emerge elsewhere, its likely to be hundred thousand of them that have some amount of sympathy with their aims. :| :| :evil:

Yeman Egypt Saudi Somalia Kenya Afgan Pakistan all have many many of the nutters. Its likely to get worse before it improves. Massive credit I suspect to GCHQ as the listening in seems to be fairly effective in our relative security, but its not the only answer by a long way. Remember the "We only need to get lucky the once, you need to be lucky every time" message from the IRA?
:evil:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

arseofacrow wrote:
Best you don't go on to facebook then Joe

:banghead:
Social Media awash with "taughts(sic) and prayers".... Look people do what they believe is correct as some act of solidarity. I shouldn't criticise that. What happened in Paris is so frightening , it is an attack on a way of life that includes all of us. It was numbing to watch on Friday night as it unfolded. Where are the answers? I think that Islamic State must be destroyed to the last man, but there will be thousands to take their places , there are no peace negotiations here.
On the passport on the suicide bomber issue, is it possible that he carried it to prove how easy it was to get into Europe and to tell the west that there are many more here already ? Just a thought.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

I think armchair misunderstood me, I meant why would a gunman take a passport to identify himself, not that the police had planted it. :roll:

You may be right Brady, its like bragging, flaunting and taunting, which is IS down to a T. I can't think what the answer is to this, the more we bomb them, the more easy it is for them to recruit people, if we leave them alone they just get stronger anyway and carry on with the attacks. It is very frightening.