Six Nations 2016

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbank123

Re: Six Nations 2016

Post by northbank123 »

That was a brutal game between Ireland and Wales. Physically it was miles ahead of yesterday's offering at Murrayfield and whilst there wasn't exactly an abundance of exciting rugby neither side gave any quarter, in contrast to Scotland constantly dropping the ball under no pressure.

Wales will be disappointed not to have won it after clawing back from 13-0 down to lead - especially such a needless penalty to give away when the ball should have just been thumped into Ireland's 22 given the context. That said, Wales will be happy to have got something out of the game having been 13-0 down and with Biggar going off early doors. Roberts and Davies were immense in midfield and Wales kicked brilliantly all game until Lloyd Davies at the end.

One thing is for sure - this assumption that all the media seem to have made that the Six Nations will be adopting an enterprising brand of expansive rugby following the World Cup was shown as bollocks. Wales generally tried to play some rugby in the first phase but then reverted to type - George North being used as a battering ram in the centre and not a line break of note.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Do I have to watch another team playing in red let me down again?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

storrmin571 wrote:Do I have to watch another team playing in red let me down again?
don't worry mate. we'll be wearing gold on sunday :barscarf: :wink:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Brilliant win for England today. Top of the League.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

casgooner wrote:Brilliant win for England today. Top of the League.
Another three fucking shit turgid games. Such little enterprising rugby played.

If there's a more dislikeable bloke in sport than Mike Brown I'd be amazed. Every week he gives it large to blokes that would knock him dead with one punch and 100% knew where Connor Murray was when he raked his face with his studs today, no doubt. Pity as he was a great player although has gone backwards last two campaigns.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
casgooner wrote:Brilliant win for England today. Top of the League.
Another three fucking shit turgid games.
Rugby is shit shocker!! :shock:

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BTW congratulations to Ingerlands closet gays on beating Oirelands closet gays. Hope not too many rectums were prolapsed by wandering thumbs.

:wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:BTW congratulations to Ingerlands closet gays on beating Oirelands closet gays. Hope not too many rectums were prolapsed by wandering thumbs.

won't get mentioned in the pubs or workplaces ..That bandwagon grinds to a halt but I'm sure another will be along soon. I take it England won then...

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Who has the toughest Friends of Dorothy this year?

:gayflag:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:BTW congratulations to Ingerlands closet gays on beating Oirelands closet gays. Hope not too many rectums were prolapsed by wandering thumbs.

won't get mentioned in the pubs or workplaces ..That bandwagon grinds to a halt but I'm sure another will be along soon. I take it England won then...
Hilariously some southside mong on Oirish radio was trying to talk up the game against Italy. "Yer, loik, it's a huge game roysh. Loik, some of those Italians are loik really terrifying roysh. Yer, seriously guys." :x :oops: :x

Sorry for all the Dublin references above but Bradywasking will get it. :lol: :wink:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Yay, 16-0 to England. Come on! :barscarf: :barscarf: (I remember Wales coming back at us in the second half not long ago when we were cruising it.)

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Down to 14 men, to be honest, so should Wales now. Feels like we're hanging on, reminds me of another team...

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Phew!!!! We won, the Grand Slam is on!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

That was close thing. Like i said being left down by a team in red again :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

No arguments there, right result 10000%.

If today doesn't persuade Wales that their approach needs to change then nothing will. J Davies is easily one of the best 13s in world rugby but it's a waste because 80% of ball doesn't even get to him. What a waste.