The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Chippy

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by Chippy »

gazzatt2 wrote:any of the remainers like to comment on the fact that both Nissan and Honda was given government help to build there plants in the UK
Umm, so what?

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Chippy wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote:any of the remainers like to comment on the fact that both Nissan and Honda was given government help to build there plants in the UK
Umm, so what?

well two of them are making a big deal that Nissan are going to be remain in Sunderland believing there is some deal with the government
I'm just pointing out deals happened before Brexit as well

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Umm, so what?

well two of them are making a big deal that Nissan are going to be remain in Sunderland believing there is some deal with the government
Very few because there were EU rules that prevented countries stealing investment from each other. You know, the single market.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Chippy wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Umm, so what?

Very few because there were EU rules that prevented countries stealing investment from each other. You know, the single market.

I've just quoted two

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Umm, so what?

I've just quoted two
Somebody on here keeps going on about facts. Perhaps you could give some evidence for your assertion.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Probably as the E.U paid Ford to close their Southampton plant and move it to Turkey currently outside their club. The government moved to ensure it didn't happen again.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

A11M11 wrote:Probably as the E.U paid Ford to close their Southampton plant and move it to Turkey currently outside their club. The government moved to ensure it didn't happen again.
Fact or fiction?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Focus on Ford: The £80m EU loan for Ford's Turkish Transit plant,
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n ... us_on_Ford.

Sure it's a loan but at very advantageous rates.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:NutFlush....in your last few posts you have stated that...

1. I have trouble reading or comprehending or both.

2. AllGuns spouts rubbish and doesn't even know what GDP means.

Think about this for a moment. You have shown a serious flaw in your judgemental abilities.

Why would anybody trust in your judgement when it comes to more important matters?

You also said that is "quite sad how the poor and uneducated have been brainwashed "

Do you see a pattern emerging here? Probably not.

Anyhow, if you would like to pm me your address I'll send you a gift ......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_ ... nce_People

:wink:
Quote in italics was not attributed to me. You need to read the thread a bit harder. Dare I mention age ;).

In relation to the other comments, when an Accountant (alleged) cannot explain correctly exactly what happened with the Enron scandal and tries to link it with the Financial crisis then my comments are warranted tbh.

All we hear today is the Nissan deal and the thousands of jobs saved, not the sweetners the Government have assured to Nissan that ultimately will cost taxpayers money.

With regards to "how to win friends and influence people", is that the most cliche'd book ever written. The reason I have been so vociferous on this thread is because the brexiteers have just buried their heads in the sand. Every debate has half a story from you lot, as has been proven with both Nissan and GDP figures issued today.
Apologies NutFlush. Somebody else said that "out" voters are poor and uneducated. You probably disagree whole heartedly with this.

However, you did personally insult myself and AllGuns. How about an apology for that?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Slightly confused as to how the possibility of giving foreign investment incentives is bad for the country...... i'm fairly sure that sort of thing has being going on for years to encourage said investment, it has only been constrained over the last 20 years by the EU rules!

Now forgive my poor uneducated brain here but surely if we remove ourselves from those rules and restrictions it can only encourage foreign investment as we are able to go out and seek foreign investment without having to run it by the EU first to make sure it doesn't upset one of the other 27 countries?

Back to my earlier point on the poor, a simple equation:

If you have 0 and the economy tanks you still have zero (with the added advantage you would normally then get more handouts)..... :banghead:

One of the problems with this country is still, and has been for a long time, that it is so home-counties centric. A lot of people in the home counties and therefore the London bubble seem to have absolutely no understanding of how shit life is many other parts of the UK. Mainly is because the majority of investment, infrastucture, money, jobs etc etc are focused around London and the outside of the M25 because that is where the majority of the population live.

Many people outside of that area seem to be absolutely sick of the fact that while London and the surrounding area see more and more money and investment the rest of the country sinks further and further into the shit, personally I feel for a lot of the Brexit voters it wasn't just a fuck you to the EU it was a kiss our arse to the London bubble too.

Petty it may have been but i can understand it, but as said by others not every leave voter voted they way they did because of the economy, the lies or the immigration issues but i have the feeling a large amount of remainers voted purely because of the economy :rubchin:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:Them Mackems will be celebrating, Nissan have confirmed that their jobs are safe with the introduction of two new Nissan models after assurances from Theresa.... :barscarf:
Well done Sunderland... :dance:
So we're paying Nissan to do what they'd do anyway if we were not threatening to commit massive economic self-harm :roll:
Facts old boy Facts :barscarf: Its not all bad news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37795464

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

olgitgooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:NutFlush....in your last few posts you have stated that...

1. I have trouble reading or comprehending or both.

2. AllGuns spouts rubbish and doesn't even know what GDP means.

Think about this for a moment. You have shown a serious flaw in your judgemental abilities.

Why would anybody trust in your judgement when it comes to more important matters?

You also said that is "quite sad how the poor and uneducated have been brainwashed "

Do you see a pattern emerging here? Probably not.

Anyhow, if you would like to pm me your address I'll send you a gift ......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_ ... nce_People

:wink:
Quote in italics was not attributed to me. You need to read the thread a bit harder. Dare I mention age ;).

In relation to the other comments, when an Accountant (alleged) cannot explain correctly exactly what happened with the Enron scandal and tries to link it with the Financial crisis then my comments are warranted tbh.

All we hear today is the Nissan deal and the thousands of jobs saved, not the sweetners the Government have assured to Nissan that ultimately will cost taxpayers money.

With regards to "how to win friends and influence people", is that the most cliche'd book ever written. The reason I have been so vociferous on this thread is because the brexiteers have just buried their heads in the sand. Every debate has half a story from you lot, as has been proven with both Nissan and GDP figures issued today.
Apologies NutFlush. Somebody else said that "out" voters are poor and uneducated. You probably disagree whole heartedly with this.

However, you did personally insult myself and AllGuns. How about an apology for that?
I challenge the buffoon to a dual where we can confirm each other's educational certification and world travel, bet he never even got to Margate the dodgy Delboy of our community lol.... :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

"IF we can’t trust the Treasury to give ­unbiased, evidence-based economic ­forecasts, who can we trust?

In May, egged on by David Cameron and George Osborne, the Government’s economists told us an EU leave vote “would represent an immediate and profound shock?.?.?.?that would push our economy into recession”.

Yesterday official data showed the UK economy grew by 0.5 per cent in the three months after the Brexit result.

In a further embarrassment to the doom-mongers of Project Fear, car- makers Nissan then announced their new Qashqai and X-Trail models would be made in Leave-voting Sunderland.

We’re not out of the woods yet, but the hysterical threats that so damaged Downing Street and the Remainers during the referendum have been shown to be as ridiculous as they sounded back in June."

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

flash gunner wrote:
"IF we can’t trust the Treasury to give ­unbiased, evidence-based economic ­forecasts, who can we trust?

In May, egged on by David Cameron and George Osborne, the Government’s economists told us an EU leave vote “would represent an immediate and profound shock?.?.?.?that would push our economy into recession”.

Yesterday official data showed the UK economy grew by 0.5 per cent in the three months after the Brexit result.

In a further embarrassment to the doom-mongers of Project Fear, car- makers Nissan then announced their new Qashqai and X-Trail models would be made in Leave-voting Sunderland.

We’re not out of the woods yet, but the hysterical threats that so damaged Downing Street and the Remainers during the referendum have been shown to be as ridiculous as they sounded back in June."
Honest John, it is really a symptom of "Who moved my cheese"
Some will grasp it with both hands, others will pessimistically always look at the glass half empty and mourn for the good old days.
Onwards and upwards!...

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »