The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Herd

Re: EU referendum - I told you so thread

Post by Herd »

Thatcher portillo and tebbit

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The list is almost if not longer than the list of the players Wenger nearly signed..

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:we need them more than they need us.

Really ?
That's the bit that I have never seen satisfactorily substantiated.

We have a trade deficit with them , i.e We buy more than we sell so financially they will be worse off, not to mention when we stop filling their bank account they will be short of a lot of cash which a number of the receivers will not be prepared or even able to make up.
Sorry I can't see it.
Isn't it funny that the Brexit argument is that the UK doesn't need the EU because we can find other markets.
Well going on that logic the 27 EU countries can find other markets too!!

I am telling you again, the EU 27 will continue to tell you - Brexit is going to be a disaster for the Uk. Wake up!!
Rob, the EU is notoriously fucking useless at forging trade agreements. In fact they are fucking useless. Full stop.

The recent trade agreement with Canada was about twelve years in the making. And was almost scuttled by some Walloons. FFS! Any single nation would be able to strike deals in a fraction of this time. We don't actually need these agreements either. We already trade worldwide. So does the EU.

This doom and gloom idea is a total load of bollocks.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ok well that's your view Olgit

Meanwhile France has just elected a pro EU leader

Looks like we are the only self harmers in Europe :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:Ok well that's your view Olgit

Never a chance that FN would get elected - getting 35% in the run-off is absolutely astounding mind given that they lie about halfway between UKIP and the BNP. Worrying that around 11m people in such a multicultural society want to elect a bunch of raving lunatics. And anybody who equates a vote for the FN with a vote for Brexit is a fool.

Nobody would have won from Le Pen getting elected - Uk included. It would have plunged the EU into complete fight or flight mode, and the most likely way to foster an attitude of wanting to punish the UK to avoid France leaving which would absolutely ruin the EU.

And Macron has won the election but has zero MPs, whilst the effect of the run-off and all the other candidates backing Macron is that the FN is now presenting itself as the sole credible opposition and will continue to improve in electoral popularity unless the centre-right takes a huge leap to the right. The country is in complete political chaos.

MrT

Post by MrT »

northbank123 wrote:
MrT wrote:
Herd wrote:And dont u love it when remainers always make out that anyone who wanted Out isnt the full ticket or is a racis
t or both
This is why the people voted for Brexit and Trump was elected. The arrogant, sneering, condescension of the left has become unbearable for most.
Can't speak for the presidential election but the smug attitude that "we're obviously right" is why the Remain campaign lost.

People obviously held serious concerns about uncontrolled EU immigration. But instead of actually trying to engage with those, the Remain campaign just peddled out the old line about immigrants bringing a net benefit and often sought to portray anybody with concerns abouT immigration as intolerant. All that happened is voters because more wary about what they may say to friends but the campaign did nothing to allay their concerns.

Not once did I hear anybody try to grapple with how a net immigration figure of about 330k a year was either desirable or sustainable.

The irony is that many of these working class traditional Labour heartlands are some of the areas which have been impacted least by the surge in EU immigration over the last decade or so. There are barely any Eastern European immigrants living in the South Wales valleys and dying industrial centres compared to the UK generally; yet after the 5 most affluent local authorities in Wales every single one of the other 22 voted to leave.
I followed the Presidential campaign closely, I genuinely thought it was a cake walk for Shillary. She had the banking establishment, the media, celebrity endorsements up the arse and still lost. There were polls saying Trump has a 1% chance of winning, that he was a national joke, that he was a racist sexist etc etc... The sheer arrogance of the leftist press was nauseating, they were practically celebrating Hillary winning. Then to see their sunken faces on election night was a thing of beauty.

The left were successful for years by labeling anyone who voiced valid concerns about immigration as racist. It's an effective tactic because it's obviously so damaging to your reputation if people can be convinced you are. That time is over, people are slowly waking up.

As I've mentioned before in simple terms, mass migration and the whole globalisation model benefits the few. The mega rich corporations, multi nationals with big corporate interests. The working class get shafted because their job prospects dwindle, their housing becomes crowded and difficult to find and the NHS becomes pushed to breaking point. The left view it as some multi cultural utopia, the reality is in London for example, we have cultural ghettos of different ethnicities that don't like each other. Different factions of Muslims that hate each other, different middle eastern and African countries that bring their conflict from there to here. Let's not forget the Eastern European gangs.

Labour opened the floodgates and the Tories have done fuck all to stop it.

MrT

Post by MrT »

Like clockwork, Gunner Rob is here to gloat about his EU overlords getting a victory.

Macron is an establishment stooge that supports unlimited migration. He said the French should get used to terrorist attacks. I'm sure they can look forward to more now.

France, a once beautiful country ravaged by the third world. Can cross it off your list as a holiday destination for the foreseeable future.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

MrT wrote:

Like clockwork, Gunner Rob is here to gloat about his EU overlords getting a victory.

Macron is an establishment stooge that supports unlimited migration. He said the French should get used to terrorist attacks. I'm sure they can look forward to more now.

France, a once beautiful country ravaged by the third world. Can cross it off your list as a holiday destination for the foreseeable future.
Mainly because if you can afford to go after the collapse of the pound you will need some sort of visa.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Chippy wrote:
MrT wrote:

Mainly because if you can afford to go after the collapse of the pound you will need some sort of visa.

I got 1.13 euro to the £ last July current rate 1.18 euro to the £ thats some collapse
are you Arsene's spin doctor ?

MrT

Post by MrT »

Chippy wrote:
MrT wrote:

When is that supposed to happen? Didn't know you could predict the future. Care to elaborate on this weeks lottery numbers? I thought it was written into law that we must have an economic collapse that will plunge us into the abyss forever the moment the British public voted to leave the EU.

Oh maybe we'll have one when we officially leave? Yes? Would you be satisfied with that?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

northbank123 wrote:

Never a chance that FN would get elected - getting 35% in the run-off is absolutely astounding mind given that they lie about halfway between UKIP and the BNP. Worrying that around 11m people in such a multicultural society want to elect a bunch of raving lunatics. And anybody who equates a vote for the FN with a vote for Brexit is a fool.

Nobody would have won from Le Pen getting elected - Uk included. It would have plunged the EU into complete fight or flight mode, and the most likely way to foster an attitude of wanting to punish the UK to avoid France leaving which would absolutely ruin the EU.

And Macron has won the election but has zero MPs, whilst the effect of the run-off and all the other candidates backing Macron is that the FN is now presenting itself as the sole credible opposition and will continue to improve in electoral popularity unless the centre-right takes a huge leap to the right. The country is in complete political chaos.
Brexit 52 - 48

"a clear decisive victory"

Macron 66 - 34

"OMG France is so divided"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Probably one election too soon. As Merkel and co start to shaft them more and more the gap will close as Soros and Bilderberg now run the roost

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Brexit 52 - 48

"a clear decisive victory"

Macron 66 - 34

"OMG France is so divided"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob im going to forget fights in the supermarkets and David Attenborough knows for once :lol:

Apart from Farage who said 52-48 was a clear victory?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

You better pray that Macron has more substance than his choice of MILF!.... :shock:
Otherwise Front Nationale which is now the official opposition that everyone sneered at, will be marching through the Arc
De Triomphe...
35% in proportional representation terms is huge...
He has an uphill task domestically...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allgunsblazin wrote:You better pray that Macron has more substance than his choice of MILF!.... :shock:
Otherwise Front Nationale which is now the official opposition that everyone sneered at, will be marching through the Arc
De Triomphe...
35% in proportional representation terms is huge...
He has an uphill task domestically...
yet the 48% after the Brexit vote were dismissed as losers