The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:42 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:15 am
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:50 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:59 am
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -will-vote

one need only note the growing fury of the Brexiters. Jumping up and down like raging Rumpelstiltskins, they sense the argument is slipping away.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What argument? The decision is made
no it hasn't - if it had been decided how the UK was going to leave then we probably would have already done so!
You think the 2 year leaving period is over already? :?
The time machine is up and running I tell ya

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Imagine working for Jaguar Land Rover having voted to leave the EU....

Still never mind there will be plenty of fruit picking jobs going, now that the immigrants are all going home.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:15 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:48 am
between 1996 and 2015 the UK voted 'no' in EU ministerial votes 50 times and lost 50 times..... What influence we have, Rob :roll:
still a lot more influence INSIDE the EU than out of it.
we don't even need to have the Euro like the other countries.
That's where you just don't get it ,do you Rob .
The UK by pulling out threatens the entire rotting carcass of corruption that is the Eu.
Others will leave ,and the whole charade will crumble leaving a mass of unpaid bills.
The EU has been propped up for many many years by debt ,and the EU's answer to countries that fail to pay that debt is to lend them even more money ,it cannt go on anymore.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Still never mind there will be plenty of fruit picking jobs going, now that the immigrants are all going home.
probably the same as the rest of the British car industry felt as vauxhall and ford production was moved to EU countries
and in the case of Transit production tooTurkey as part of an EU deal

all happened whilst in your beloved EU Rob !!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:15 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:48 am
between 1996 and 2015 the UK voted 'no' in EU ministerial votes 50 times and lost 50 times..... What influence we have, Rob :roll:
still a lot more influence INSIDE the EU than out of it.
we don't even need to have the Euro like the other countries.
That's where you just don't get it ,do you Rob .
The UK by pulling out threatens the entire rotting carcass of corruption that is the Eu.
Others will leave ,and the whole charade will crumble leaving a mass of unpaid bills.
The EU has been propped up for many many years by debt ,and the EU's answer to countries that fail to pay that debt is to lend them even more money ,it cannt go on anymore.
slight problem though is that they are not going to leave are they ?

from what I have seen since the referendum the rest of the countries in the EU have got stronger.
the people in those countries have seen from the UK what a disaster it is and have started to appreciate being in the EU more.

funnily enough the economies of all those countries are now growing stronger than the UK. why would they want to leave ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 pm

probably the same as the rest of the British car industry felt as vauxhall and ford production was moved to EU countries
and in the case of Transit production tooTurkey as part of an EU deal

all happened whilst in your beloved EU Rob !!!
the EU is not perfect, I have never said that it is.
however it is better to be in the EU than not for a number of reasons.

and looking at the vile headlines in the Sun and the Daily Express yesterday I am certainly glad not to be on their side.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Gunner Rob
You should look at your previous posts before posting
You make yourself look stupid

You look like the fat kid in the playground who takes his ball home when losing

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 am
Gunner Rob

:lol: :lol:

not bothered whether I do as I know I am on the right side of history with my views.
just don't come crying on here when the country descends into chaos next year :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Gunner Rob

not bothered whether I do as I know I am on the right side of history with my views.
just don't come crying on here when the country descends into chaos next year :roll:
The future chaos predictions is all you have Rob....

Before the referendum it was if we vote leave there will be an immediate recession.... there wasnt.....

When negotiations begin there will be a recession ..... there wasnt

Now its when we leave the country descends into chaos...... Cant you see how ridiculous you look :? its always in the future and the terms of the word 'future' changes with every failure of your prediction

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:53 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Gunner Rob

The future chaos predictions is all you have Rob....

Before the referendum it was if we vote leave there will be an immediate recession.... there wasnt.....

When negotiations begin there will be a recession ..... there wasnt

Now its when we leave the country descends into chaos...... Cant you see how ridiculous you look :? its always in the future and the term of the word 'future' changes with every failure of your prediction
1) I didnt post or predict anything prior to the referendum taking place - I like a lot of remainers were very complacent.
that is how the leavers won. Fair play to them - they wanted it more than the remainers and deserved the win.

2) I have only ever said there will be problems when Brexit happens - it is not due to start until 29th March next year and so am not anticipating any major problems until then. the fact that the country is already poorer due to the exchange rate/lack of growth is a little worrying though.

3) feel free to laugh at me if the country continues doing fine next year - I deserve that considering the stance that I have taken.
all i am doing is pointing out the various problems that i think will happen AFTER we leave. nothing has happened yet though, and I am surprised you leavers still can't decide on what leaving is going to look like :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

from your favourite pro Brexit newspaper....another Brexit triumph ! :barscarf:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/97801 ... io-4-Today

:lol: :lol: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am

For every story one way there another the other way

https://www.businessweekly.co.uk/news/t ... thend-base

Stop believing everything you read Rob, more than half of it is made up :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Actually working for a government department and having been at a few meetings to discuss Brexit and the possible knock on effect for Oireland particularly in relation to GDPR I can tell you two facts:

1. No other EU country will leave anytime soon, if ever.

2. Brexit will dictate a hard border between the Republic and Northern Oireland. There is simply no way around that. My more senior colleagues are particularly worried about this eventuality.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:42 pm
Actually working for a government department and having been at a few meetings to discuss Brexit and the possible knock on effect for Oireland particularly in relation to GDPR I can tell you two facts:

1. No other EU country will leave anytime soon, if ever.

2. Brexit will dictate a hard border between the Republic and Northern Oireland. There is simply no way around that. My more senior colleagues are particularly worried about this eventuality.
1. totally correct - why would anyone else want to ?
2. this is one of those facts where the Brexiteers go La La La and stick their fingers in their ears shouting PROJECT FEAR :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:21 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am

For every story one way there another the other way

https://www.businessweekly.co.uk/news/t ... thend-base

Stop believing everything you read Rob, more than half of it is made up :oops:
time to start looking at the big picture Flash

anyway today its lets all laugh at Sunderland day as Nissan says that they will halt investment :lol:
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/bus ... ments-area

the comments section is quite telling though - the brexiteers have finally gone quiet (much like on here) as reality starts to bite.

this following comment from a leaver sums things up best I think.

Dave Braithwaite
I cannot believe that there is anyone left in this country that believes this Government is capable of a) negotiating it's way out of a paper bag, b) looking after anyone's interests apart from making sure it is lining the pockets of it's rich members like £250m JRM. By now it is becoming obvious they only want to brexit to make money for themselves, why else are they advising all their clients with money to move it out of the country. The only way this country will remain competitive is if they ditch workers rights, like minimum wage, sick pay maternity and paternity leave. The NHS is on its knees, our army is a joke and welfare is crumbling. I voted to leave because I believed them, but god now we are seeing the truth I know how bad it is going to be. And for all those Pensioners who fondly think of the 70's as a golden time, wake up and smell the coffee, I wouldn't be so smug they will come after the triple lock soon. And before anyone accuses me of being the loony left, I think JC is just as bad, he has this dream and the only way he can get people to back it is if he help the Tories flush the country down the pan so that what he offers looks attractive. Personally I now think we deserve the right to see what the deal is and have our say as to whether we accept it or reject it because I wouldn't trust those self serving hypocrites further than I can throw them. I'm sure some of you agree and some of you are too wedded to the cult of brexit and the web of lies to see sense. But if you agree we should get to make the decision then sign this www.peoples-vote.uk/petition