The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

The Arsenal Way

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by The Arsenal Way »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:48 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQWkfA2 ... OcStRoNg8I

Wow if true.

Unfortunately, you will just be labelled a conspiracy nut job mate. :oops:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:25 pm
How will it affect me ?
It will be the final straw for many of my friends and customers in the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft offshore fishing industry and the inshore ones catching shellfish of of Cromer ,Sheringham and Wells who have been fighting a rearguard action to stay alive and in business.
I don’t go out to sea but I supply them with items to keep their boats seaworthy. My business will slow as theirs disappear . Whilst the French and Dutch hoover the sea for their quotas using electronic stun devices the by product of which is killing everything else. That’s why winkles,prawns,crabs,lobster are so expensive most that are caught are already dead .
I don't think the fishing industry can win whatever happens.
The things is though that fishing is such a small part of the economy I doubt that Johnson would be particularly bothered if it died out.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ed-no-deal

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Unfortunately, you will just be labelled a conspiracy nut job mate

I already am . I have been pointing out all the background reasons why the E.U is not good for us for some time usually poo pooed by people that only read the mainstream media and swallow their propaganda whole.

ROB says :-The things is though that fishing is such a small part of the economy I doubt that Johnson would be particularly bothered if it died out.

Sad isn't it , once the staple diet of the U.K because of it's cheapness . Now a days wages to feed the nuclear family with fish and chips . Many reasons for this mostly down to the E.U's common fishing policy.
Following the war the North sea was rich with dog fish ( rock salmon to you lot ) Cod , Haddock , Mackerel , Sea Bass and Skate because the U Boats stopped fishing and the fish were allowed to breed . Now they are being hoovered up to feed the countries which over fished the Mediterranean and Atlantic and are doing the same here. As I have said before , the electric shock stun fishing not only stuns the fish but all other living creatures and stops the growth of young fish which when they are caught are too small and returned to the sea DEAD .

However if fishing is too small to worry about worth over £ 1 billion 650 million to the E.U how about the steel industry and car production in the North East and the West Midlands which have suffered as the E,U subsidises non U.K companies to move elsewhere to lower overhead countries within and sometimes outside the E.U the latest being Jaguar/ Land Rover ( owned by Tata ) off to Slovakia where wages and overheads are lower with a nice fat subsidy to encourage their departure .

This has been going on thoughout all of our manufacturing for many years and we have not been able to help them due to regulations from Brussels . Royal Navy frigates being built in Spain using Spanish steel whilst our plants and shipyards go to the wall.
Don' t make sense but then little that comes from Brussels does.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:16 am
Unfortunately, you will just be labelled a conspiracy nut job mate

I already am . I have been pointing out all the background reasons why the E.U is not good for us for some time usually poo pooed by people that only read the mainstream media and swallow their propaganda whole.

ROB says :-The things is though that fishing is such a small part of the economy I doubt that Johnson would be particularly bothered if it died out.

Sad isn't it , once the staple diet of the U.K because of it's cheapness . Now a days wages to feed the nuclear family with fish and chips . Many reasons for this mostly down to the E.U's common fishing policy.
Following the war the North sea was rich with dog fish ( rock salmon to you lot ) Cod , Haddock , Mackerel , Sea Bass and Skate because the U Boats stopped fishing and the fish were allowed to breed . Now they are being hoovered up to feed the countries which over fished the Mediterranean and Atlantic and are doing the same here. As I have said before , the electric shock stun fishing not only stuns the fish but all other living creatures and stops the growth of young fish which when they are caught are too small and returned to the sea DEAD .

However if fishing is too small to worry about worth over £ 1 billion 650 million to the E.U how about the steel industry and car production in the North East and the West Midlands which have suffered as the E,U subsidises non U.K companies to move elsewhere to lower overhead countries within and sometimes outside the E.U the latest being Jaguar/ Land Rover ( owned by Tata ) off to Slovakia where wages and overheads are lower with a nice fat subsidy to encourage their departure .

This has been going on thoughout all of our manufacturing for many years and we have not been able to help them due to regulations from Brussels . Royal Navy frigates being built in Spain using Spanish steel whilst our plants and shipyards go to the wall.
Don' t make sense but then little that comes from Brussels does.
I know someone who works at Nissan in Sunderland - the biggest employer up there by far
Bizarrely the city voted leave even though they knew that Nissan would probably go if the UK left the EU :lol:

Of course they are all now panicking that they are going to lose their jobs. :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Of course they are all now panicking that they are going to lose their jobs. :roll:

WE could always give them a subsidy to assist ...........................................OH no we can't
We could have helped British Steel ..............................................................Oh no we couldn't
We could have helped De la Rue print our passports .....................................But No !
How about the Transit factory that left Southampton to be built in Turkey ?
Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
And it goes on nyebevannews.co.uk/i-fact-checked-the-what-has-the-eu-done-for-us-viral-post-and-the-results-turned-me-into-a-brexiteer/

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:46 pm

WE could always give them a subsidy to assist ...........................................OH no we can't
We could have helped British Steel ..............................................................Oh no we couldn't
We could have helped De la Rue print our passports .....................................But No !
How about the Transit factory that left Southampton to be built in Turkey ?
Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
And it goes on nyebevannews.co.uk/i-fact-checked-the-what-has-the-eu-done-for-us-viral-post-and-the-results-turned-me-into-a-brexiteer/
what are you on about ??
they wouldn't need a subsidy if we just stayed in the EU as their jobs wouldn't be at risk :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i must say I am surprised that I haven't heard of rioting up and down the country by now, following the latest extension.
I can only presume that nobody is really that bothered about Brexit these days.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

What I am saying is that we have been systematically asset stripped over a long time and that in case you haven't noticed our water utilities are not owned by British companies apat from Thames water.
EDF are French , Powergen now Eon and N Power are German .

That's your energy and water 2 of your staples not British .

Next they will be after the food industry LIDL and ALDI are German and making great strides .
The U.K is being taken over by the back door.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:24 pm
What I am saying is that we have been systematically asset stripped over a long time and that in case you haven't noticed our water utilities are not owned by British companies apat from Thames water.
EDF are French , Powergen now Eon and N Power are German .

That's your energy and water 2 of your staples not British .

Next they will be after the food industry LIDL and ALDI are German and making great strides .
The U.K is being taken over by the back door.
And how do you see Brexit helping things improve?
It is likely the country will be asset stripped completely - the US is already eyeing up the NHS.

If Brexit happens then we are heading for a low wage, low tax economy. If you are lucky enough to keep your job then you will be about 5-7% worse off a year. The rich meanwhile will get richer.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Whether the Americans or Brussels incorporated gets it's hands on the NHS after Brexit is the next political argument . Hopefully once our finances are back in our hands and the money we raise can be spent where we want it to be spent.

Brussels has more money changing ideas up it's sleeves and as VAT is one of their greatest source of income they are invisioning different ways of changing things . Fom City a.m :- The group also note that the EU Commission has called for greater use of the standard rate of VAT, and a uniform EU rate of VAT. They calculate that removing zero and reduced rate VAT would cost every UK household up to £1,697 a year. That's the zero on school uniforms , the 5 % on heating, electricity and gas. That will help the lower paid I suspect . NOT.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Europe's nations should be guided towards the superstate without the people realising what is happening. This can be achieved by successive steps each disguised by having an economic purpose but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation .Jean Monnet ( 1952 ). look him up , he is called the founder of the E.U project.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think we should on this day think of Mr Guy Fawkes ,the last person to enter Parliament with honest intentions !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:32 pm
Europe's nations should be guided towards the superstate without the people realising what is happening. This can be achieved by successive steps each disguised by having an economic purpose but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation .Jean Monnet ( 1952 ). look him up , he is called the founder of the E.U project.
more nonsense from you I see.
here read this
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50308647

President Juncker is often associated with the dream of a "United States of Europe" but he told me that was a wilful misunderstanding in the British media.
"I am not ready for that. The people of Europe are not ready for that. We are who we are. Nations are important," he insisted.

get this into your thick head will you.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Thick head ? Insulting is no way to argue a point .

I fail to see that Junker making denying statements has anything to do with Jean Monnet’s at the start of the E.U project.