The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Jock Gooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:48 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:33 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:00 pm
I read that with interest but I don't think it has any bearing on ignorance or stupidity. All it identifies is that the people chosen to contribute to the article are steeped in the European project as you are.
It was interesting to see the concerns of the Irish and Spanish with regard to the effects that Brexit will have on their economies perhaps they should be more vocal and not remain so silent behind the Brussels continuum.
The whole world is going backwards re possible recession and it's not logical to put all the blame on brexit but if it is a factor then that's all the more reason for the politicians to find common ground .
The problem is that the E,U is not a country it's a political entity with one federalist goal in mind . the zealots that have risen to the top are more worried about their project and unfortunately the people that we have sent to discuss our departure are in complete agreement with them.
On a side issue , the Spanish comment says that Spain is completely in favour of the E.U and whilst like London that may well be true in Madrid the treatment handed to the Catalans and the Brussels condoning reaction to the state organised violence was not unnoticed in other parts of the country.

That's it in a nutshell for me.
This is so wrong, from someone who gets his information from dubious sources, to say the least, I am not surprised that he thinks this way.

There is NOT ONE (did I say that clearly enough) country in the EU that would allow centralised rule without the whole thing falling apart. Our government and this has been said for years has the weakest hand against the Europeans, in no way do we have any control over our exit and the terms given. But I am not surprised that one of the conspiracy theorists in this debate thinks that our Prime Minister is happy to bow down to the Europeans whims. It's more like she doesn't have a lot of choice.

The likes of Farage have been quoted as saying, just leave the EU with no deal. Well, he doesn't give a toss about what happens to this country, because he is in the I'm alright Jack brigade. It's as much an ideology for him rather than a well thought out plan.

Brexit is truly an ideology invented by elites mis-sold to the working classes. And yet the working classes can't see it's the elites that have caused their woes over the last 40 years, not unchecked immigration or any strange EU legislation that they keep referring to to justify their argument. If anything employment rights for the working classes have been enhanced thanks to the EU, but people chose to ignore that sort of thing.
READ (did I say that clearly enough) the highlighted text. No mention of any individual country there! The original post calls out the idealists within the EU who are clearly pro the federalist project. I don't think there is any argument with that part of the statement.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:50 am
Rob, Robbie, Bob

You really are a uber ignorant snowflake pillock.
Ignorant and self serving. Ever thought of a career in politics?
thanks for that :D
never a reason why though is there ?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:45 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
I read that with interest but I don't think it has any bearing on ignorance or stupidity. All it identifies is that the people chosen to contribute to the article are steeped in the European project as you are.
It was interesting to see the concerns of the Irish and Spanish with regard to the effects that Brexit will have on their economies perhaps they should be more vocal and not remain so silent behind the Brussels continuum.
The whole world is going backwards re possible recession and it's not logical to put all the blame on brexit but if it is a factor then that's all the more reason for the politicians to find common ground .
The problem is that the E,U is not a country it's a political entity with one federalist goal in mind . the zealots that have risen to the top are more worried about their project and unfortunately the people that we have sent to discuss our departure are in complete agreement with them.
On a side issue , the Spanish comment says that Spain is completely in favour of the E.U and whilst like London that may well be true in Madrid the treatment handed to the Catalans and the Brussels condoning reaction to the state organised violence was not unnoticed in other parts of the country.

This is so wrong, from someone who gets his information from dubious sources, to say the least, I am not surprised that he thinks this way.

There is NOT ONE (did I say that clearly enough) country in the EU that would allow centralised rule without the whole thing falling apart. Our government and this has been said for years has the weakest hand against the Europeans, in no way do we have any control over our exit and the terms given. But I am not surprised that one of the conspiracy theorists in this debate thinks that our Prime Minister is happy to bow down to the Europeans whims. It's more like she doesn't have a lot of choice.

The likes of Farage have been quoted as saying, just leave the EU with no deal. Well, he doesn't give a toss about what happens to this country, because he is in the I'm alright Jack brigade. It's as much an ideology for him rather than a well thought out plan.

Brexit is truly an ideology invented by elites mis-sold to the working classes. And yet the working classes can't see it's the elites that have caused their woes over the last 40 years, not unchecked immigration or any strange EU legislation that they keep referring to to justify their argument. If anything employment rights for the working classes have been enhanced thanks to the EU, but people chose to ignore that sort of thing.
READ (did I say that clearly enough) the highlighted text. No mention of any individual country there! The original post calls out the idealists within the EU who are clearly pro the federalist project. I don't think there is any argument with that part of the statement.
I disagree, and that’s the problem with the brexit debate. The activists are portraying the likes of Juncker, Tusk etc as having an ulterior motive that is not aligned with the wishes of the members states. The objective of the EU is to have a harmonised Europe, be it trade with seemless borders or a single currency. That doesnt detract from each country maintaining its own sovereignty. And what is wrong with a collective of countries working together for the good of the whole continent, beats being at war ehhh.

The UK didnt get kicked out of the EU for not adopting the Euro, as things stand it was the right thing to do but it isnt the case necessarily for every member state.

nut flush gooner

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:22 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:45 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

I disagree, and that’s the problem with the brexit debate. The activists are portraying the likes of Juncker, Tusk etc as having an ulterior motive that is not aligned with the wishes of the member states. The objective of the EU is to have a harmonised Europe, be it trade with seemless borders or a single currency. That doesnt detract from each country maintaining its own sovereignty. And what is wrong with a collective of countries working together for the good of the whole continent, beats being at war ehhh.

The UK didnt get kicked out of the EU for not adopting the Euro, as things stand it was the right thing to do but it isnt the case necessarily for every member state.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 pm
stop being so frightened by the EU :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

You sound like Neville Chamberlain.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:14 am
You sound like Neville Chamberlain.
you do realise that the existence of the EU has prevented wars in Europe ?
surely unity is better than being isolated ?

the only Nazis that I have encountered recently are from this country. They call themselves Britain First. :roll:
One of their policies is to reduce the number of Muslims in the UK down to zero. Sounds familiar to the jews in Germany in the 1930s.

I have already had a go at a group of this lot giving out leaflets down my high street this morning. Total scumbags.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I am no Nazi but I would also hate to see islam grow in the UK, if you look at any country that is run by an islamic dictatorship it gets sketchy fast, the whole of the islam if actually followed how it is by MOST muslims in the world (not the watered down version) would make the UK a place I would not want to live in.

All these people that say it's only a fringe of Islam that is dangerous, I do not buy into this at all, I am not talking about terrorism (of course that is fringe) if you count the ammount of muslims in the world that live under sharia law, that is not a fucking fringe, everybody knows a nice muslim person, me included.... but in a way its like saying this guy/girl who does not follow the core of the relgion is nice and has open views etc etc. well he/she is nice (by western standards) because they are not following the the core of the religion which is full of hate.

A neo nazi who does not hate black poeple or jews etc is not "a nice a neo nazi" they are just not a neo nazi, they don't actually follow whatever the core doctrine of neo nazism is, they maybe just foolishly fetish around the edges of it all. I kind of feel like that about Islam if you look where it has been allowed by a state to actually be practiced to its full extent, it does often get to the stage of cutting hands off etc, young girls forced into Marriage by thier fathers to be raped by an older man/husband etc.

and you can't even have a nice cold beer, savage!

in fact I would go as far to say that Islam is where the crazy OTT PC agenda shows it's monty pythonesque absurdity
"you must bend over backwards to tolerate intolerance otherwise you are intolerant"
:rubchin:

just like the feminist movement wanting to lobby against the muslim burka and F1 grid girls, so what is the middle ground between them... victorian sensibilities? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also just to say I do not HATE muslims, I do dislike islamic doctrines, and would not like to see them gain in popularity in the UK, even in the "moderate version"

nut flush gooner

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:45 pm
I am no Nazi but I would also hate to see islam grow in the UK, if you look at any country that is run by an islamic dictatorship it gets sketchy fast, the whole of the islam if actually followed how it is by MOST muslims in the world (not the watered down version) would make the UK a place I would not want to live in.

All these people that say it's only a fringe of Islam that is dangerous, I do not buy into this at all, I am not talking about terrorism (of course that is fringe) if you count the ammount of muslims in the world that live under sharia law, that is not a fucking fringe, everybody knows a nice muslim person, me included.... but in a way its like saying this guy/girl who does not follow the core of the relgion is nice and has open views etc etc. well he/she is nice (by western standards) because they are not following the the core of the religion which is full of hate.

A neo nazi who does not hate black poeple or jews etc is not "a nice a neo nazi" they are just not a neo nazi, they don't actually follow whatever the core doctrine of neo nazism is, they maybe just foolishly fetish around the edges of it all. I kind of feel like that about Islam if you look where it has been allowed by a state to actually be practiced to its full extent, it does often get to the stage of cutting hands off etc, young girls forced into Marriage by thier fathers to be raped by an older man/husband etc.

and you can't even have a nice cold beer, savage!

in fact I would go as far to say that Islam is where the crazy OTT PC agenda shows it's monty pythonesque absurdity
"you must bend over backwards to tolerate intolerance otherwise you are intolerant"
:rubchin:

just like the feminist movement wanting to lobby against the muslim burka and F1 grid girls, so what is the middle ground between them... victorian sensibilities? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also just to say I do not HATE muslims, I do dislike islamic doctrines, and would not like to see them gain in popularity in the UK, even in the "moderate version"
Think this is for another thread tbh. Islamic ideology (and I do not mean extreme versions) is something that a lot of Westerners do not understand. I do feel uncomfortable though about a teenager that shows no remorse for joining ISIS, and now wants the comforts she gets in the UK over a refugeee camp in Syria.

Still in Brexit land, Honda are shutting down their Swindon plant, ofc it was nothing to do with brexit, honest guv.

nut flush gooner

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Rob, Robbie, Bob

Have you ever tried to contribute to this thread, other than slag people off you dont agree with. As for being ignorant, you do a good job.

Not surprisingly missed by mods as usual.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:31 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Rob, Robbie, Bob

Have you ever tried to contribute to this thread, other than slag people off you dont agree with. As for being ignorant, you do a good job.

The irony of that entire post is piss hilarious. :lol:

If you do not like the way this forum is modded then you can always report it to Mike1 or Gooner Ed - I'm sure they would value your input.

Or you could just leave.

I have already asked all of you to quit the name calling and personal insults on this thread. We do not mind people having a bit of a blow out occasionally or if its obviously tongue in cheek but repeatedly resorting to name calling or personal insults will be addressed and has been on numerous occasions. You yourself have been warned numerous times about it. Would you like to see us ban everyone for personal insults? Zero tolerance maybe? Because you'd be one of the first to go.

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:05 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Rob, Robbie, Bob

If you do not like the way this forum is modded then you can always report it to Mike1 or Gooner Ed - I'm sure they would value your input.

Or you could just leave.

I have already asked all of you to quit the name calling and personal insults on this thread. We do not mind people having a bit of a blow out occasionally or if its obviously tongue in cheek but repeatedly resorting to name calling or personal insults will be addressed and has been on numerous occasions. You yourself have been warned numerous times about it. Would you like to see us ban everyone for personal insults? Zero tolerance maybe? Because you'd be one of the first to go.
There's no irony, and I knew you would jump in first thing. The more you encourage me to communicate with Ed, the more I think it would be a good idea. Why should I leave, you don't seem to get the principle of democracy.

That aside, I've got a hundred plus back issues of the Gooner going back over two decades, so does a company honestly bite off the hand that feeds it?

Clearly not in the case of the Online Gooner.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:05 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Rob, Robbie, Bob

Or you could just leave.

There's no irony, and I knew you would jump in first thing. The more you encourage me to communicate with Ed, the more I think it would be a good idea. Why should I leave, you don't seem to get the principle of democracy.

That aside, I've got a hundred plus back issues of the Gooner going back over two decades, so does a company honestly bite off the hand that feeds it?

Clearly not in the case of the Online Gooner.
Democracy? It's a football forum. :lol:

Wow a whole 100 plus issues huh? Yeah maybe contact Gooner Ed - he might talk Mike into giving you shares. What next? Go down the classic route of threatening legal action? Against a football forum. :roll: :lol:

If you are going to mouth off about the mods I will respond. Oh look it's one of my rights in a - wait for it - democracy. :yawn:

But I would advise being very careful how far you go if you want to go mouthing off at the mods. Because one thing Mike and Gooner Ed do not tolerate is abuse aimed at mods. Better posters than you have received permanent bans for that - 100 plus issues of the Gooner or not.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

In your own time..... :yawn: