The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Herd

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 am
Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:27 pm
I'm not sure what will happen flush the political landscape is grim , I think some Labour MPs might go for it ,he will have the Tories in line I think but without the DUP it might fail by a few Votes maybe a few labour bods will defy the whip who the fuck knows .
The more Ive read about it the deal isn't a deal ,its an agreement to remain in the EU for 2 years whilst we talk about a Trade deal ,so in effect we are still in and we will still have to pay the 39 Billion !
Labour are as usual dishonest about it as they want to go for the referendum ,the problem then will be the referendum itself as Ive said on here many months ago .
In the Event of a referendum there will not be a straight in/out it will be Either vote for Boris deal or remain OR 3 options ,Real Brexit ,Brino or remain ,either way remain will win and thus the biggest voter fraud in my lifetime will have been pulled off .
I'm sick of Politics and hope that all the Political Parties are swept into the sea as they are broken and not fit for purpose !
this is why a referendum should NEVER have been allowed, it was far too complex for anyone to fully understand.
sadly voters like yourself were duped into voting for leave, not fully understanding what the consequences would be.

leave voters were just pawns in a game being played out by the billionaires running the country.
No Rob like you it it was very simple leave the EU leave the single market and leave the customs union ,that's what we voted for and that's what hasn't been delivered !
Its ben a con from the very beginning but one I fully expected !
Since the vote we have been subject to the largest mass brainwash in the history of mankind to try and change our minds and to make the remoaners militant ,as a result we are now at war with each other .
This will not end well for the country ,we are now slaves to the unelected powers that will make us all drown in a mountain of eu debt and corruption ! Greece is a slave nation now ,we will all soon follow !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:27 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 am
Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:27 pm
I'm not sure what will happen flush the political landscape is grim , I think some Labour MPs might go for it ,he will have the Tories in line I think but without the DUP it might fail by a few Votes maybe a few labour bods will defy the whip who the fuck knows .
The more Ive read about it the deal isn't a deal ,its an agreement to remain in the EU for 2 years whilst we talk about a Trade deal ,so in effect we are still in and we will still have to pay the 39 Billion !
Labour are as usual dishonest about it as they want to go for the referendum ,the problem then will be the referendum itself as Ive said on here many months ago .
In the Event of a referendum there will not be a straight in/out it will be Either vote for Boris deal or remain OR 3 options ,Real Brexit ,Brino or remain ,either way remain will win and thus the biggest voter fraud in my lifetime will have been pulled off .
I'm sick of Politics and hope that all the Political Parties are swept into the sea as they are broken and not fit for purpose !
this is why a referendum should NEVER have been allowed, it was far too complex for anyone to fully understand.
sadly voters like yourself were duped into voting for leave, not fully understanding what the consequences would be.

leave voters were just pawns in a game being played out by the billionaires running the country.
No Rob like you it it was very simple leave the EU leave the single market and leave the customs union ,that's what we voted for and that's what hasn't been delivered !
Its ben a con from the very beginning but one I fully expected !
Since the vote we have been subject to the largest mass brainwash in the history of mankind to try and change our minds and to make the remoaners militant ,as a result we are now at war with each other .
This will not end well for the country ,we are now slaves to the unelected powers that will make us all drown in a mountain of eu debt and corruption ! Greece is a slave nation now ,we will all soon follow !
well if you fully expected it why did you vote leave ?
I knew it was a con and so voted remain.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Those Greek slaves are great. I just picked up one for the kitchen and two for my yard.

:suicide: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:40 pm
Those Greek slaves are great. I just picked up one for the kitchen and two for my yard.

Yea I've had a couple in the basement after the kids escaped,they don't eat much but they cost a fortune in shaving gear,especially the the girl.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yea I've had a couple in the basement after the kids escaped,they don't eat much but they cost a fortune in shaving gear,especially the the girl.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs Sokratis eh??? :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:06 pm
Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Unfortunately ever since bill and ted I pronounce it so creates!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:04 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:36 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:09 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:18 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:05 pm
Well Boris strikes a deal that's even worse than Mays ,what a farce !
We aint leaving !
Impressive Herd, you've managed to read the whole text of the proposed agreement and its ramifications before Jeremy Corbyn.

Given that the ERG including Rees Mogg are firmly behind voting this deal through, it would suggest that this is more of a version of Brexit than had previously tabled. The NI backstop has been ditched as has membership of the customs union which allows us to go out and do our own trade deals.

Or is this just more confirmation bias from Herd to say I told you so !
You continue to labour under the false idea that politicians have principals ,they don't ,all Rees Mogg Boris and Gove care about is their own jobs . Splitting Northern Ireland from the UK is not acceptable for a start ,from what I understand they also will keep the free movement of people in which is unacceptable too ,it looks like a Thereasa Mays BRINO deal with a twist ,but your right I haven't read it all yet but I will that's for sure .
Its also a treaty so if it passes it cannot be repealed ,we are fooked and the future is bleak !
I don't at all. I know Labour will Sabotage the deal, all on the basis of forcing an extension of Article 50 and then blaming Johnson. They even admitted it, so have all the other opposition parties.

This time though, the Europeans have said its this deal or a hard Brexit. Let's see who blinks first.

As a damage limitation exercise we should take this deal and move on, it gives us control of passing our own laws, immigration, trade deals and set our customs borders. NI might be a bit of a fudge, we shall see. Only the Irish can answer that question properly.
are you for real?
blimey talk about spineless.

you should be saying REJECT REJECT REJECT to this deal.
It is a harder Brexit than May's deal and is going to screw this country over for years to come.

MPs need to think of the country and not their careers when they vote tomorrow.
the EU WILL NOT ALLOW A NO DEAL BREXIT so if this is defeated tomorrow, then they will give an extension, so stop listening to the spinmasters and start thinking for yourself for a change.
Rob, the Europeans are as fed up as we are. If they decide we are not in a position to agree on any sort of deal, it's pointless to carry on negotiations. They will kick us out.

We have to take our medicine now, it's taken 3.5 years to go nowhere. This deal needs to be ratified, and Labour need to wind their necks in or they will get absolutely thumped at the next General Election if it is rejected again. By the way if you want a definition of spineless its Jeremy Corbyn, whether he is a Gooner or not.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:30 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:06 pm
Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Unfortunately ever since bill and ted I pronounce it so creates!
Didn't he have a cousin? Bit of a clever clogs or sandals? :wink: He designed these wings so he could fly, but he flew on a hot sunny day and the wax melted and so that was the end of that ..at least till the Wright Brothers. :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:04 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:36 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:09 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Impressive Herd, you've managed to read the whole text of the proposed agreement and its ramifications before Jeremy Corbyn.

Given that the ERG including Rees Mogg are firmly behind voting this deal through, it would suggest that this is more of a version of Brexit than had previously tabled. The NI backstop has been ditched as has membership of the customs union which allows us to go out and do our own trade deals.

Or is this just more confirmation bias from Herd to say I told you so !
You continue to labour under the false idea that politicians have principals ,they don't ,all Rees Mogg Boris and Gove care about is their own jobs . Splitting Northern Ireland from the UK is not acceptable for a start ,from what I understand they also will keep the free movement of people in which is unacceptable too ,it looks like a Thereasa Mays BRINO deal with a twist ,but your right I haven't read it all yet but I will that's for sure .
Its also a treaty so if it passes it cannot be repealed ,we are fooked and the future is bleak !
I don't at all. I know Labour will Sabotage the deal, all on the basis of forcing an extension of Article 50 and then blaming Johnson. They even admitted it, so have all the other opposition parties.

This time though, the Europeans have said its this deal or a hard Brexit. Let's see who blinks first.

As a damage limitation exercise we should take this deal and move on, it gives us control of passing our own laws, immigration, trade deals and set our customs borders. NI might be a bit of a fudge, we shall see. Only the Irish can answer that question properly.
are you for real?
blimey talk about spineless.

you should be saying REJECT REJECT REJECT to this deal.
It is a harder Brexit than May's deal and is going to screw this country over for years to come.

MPs need to think of the country and not their careers when they vote tomorrow.
the EU WILL NOT ALLOW A NO DEAL BREXIT so if this is defeated tomorrow, then they will give an extension, so stop listening to the spinmasters and start thinking for yourself for a change.
Rob, the Europeans are as fed up as we are. If they decide we are not in a position to agree on any sort of deal, it's pointless to carry on negotiations. They will kick us out.

We have to take our medicine now, it's taken 3.5 years to go nowhere. This deal needs to be ratified, and Labour need to wind their necks in or they will get absolutely thumped at the next General Election if it is rejected again. By the way if you want a definition of spineless its Jeremy Corbyn, whether he is a Gooner or not.
Firstly I agree with you about Corbyn - he is as much to blame as anyone for the current shambles,

However no we do not have to take our medicine now, I can imagine you in WW2 saying oh well Hitler has got so close to the UK, it is only fair we let him invade now. :roll:
Yes I appreciate that the EU is a bit fed up too, but they will lose out from a no deal too, and so won't let that happen.
And just remember that was has been agreed between the EU and Johnson is not a deal, it is a withdrawal agreement only.
The years of negotiating trade deals is yet to come.

There were up to 2 million people marching on Saturday who are getting seriousy annoyed now that they are not being listened to. There is far likely to be trouble on the streets if Brexit is pushed through than if it isnt.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

"There were up to 2 million people marching on Saturday who are getting seriousy annoyed now that they are not being listened to."

TWO million huh? Other news had the figures quoted as UP to A million..........

Imagine the shite hitting the fan when people wake up to the idea that their democratic vote ain't worth bollix? Not being listened to ain't the problem, but being totally ignored is.
One's democratic vote has been overruled by the richer classes that are also governed by those above them? Democracy, MY ARSE.
There are serious protests happening daily around the globe.......Thailand, Greece, Barcelona, Venezuela, Hong Kong, Haiti, Lebanon, India and so on. I hope that US Brits have the bollix again to give shite to the lame Parliamentarians, Bankers and REMOANERS.
Rise up, kick ass or forever be sheeple

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:37 pm
"There were up to 2 million people marching on Saturday who are getting seriousy annoyed now that they are not being listened to."

Imagine the shite hitting the fan when people wake up to the idea that their democratic vote ain't worth bollix? Not being listened to ain't the problem, but being totally ignored is.
One's democratic vote has been overruled by the richer classes that are also governed by those above them? Democracy, MY ARSE.
There are serious protests happening daily around the globe.......Thailand, Greece, Barcelona, Venezuela, Hong Kong, Haiti, Lebanon, India and so on. I hope that US Brits have the bollix again to give shite to the lame Parliamentarians, Bankers and REMOANERS.
go on then get out on the streets, and start protesting. what are you waiting for ?
thing is i don't see any of that happening - and it won't. Because people DO NOT PROTEST TO GET POORER.

the will of the people is now to remain, and that is why you are seeing such huge numbers of remainers out on the streets.

looks like most of the leavers have died out.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:37 pm

go on then get out on the streets, and start protesting. what are you waiting for ?
thing is i don't see any of that happening - and it won't. Because people DO NOT PROTEST TO GET POORER.

the will of the people is now to remain, and that is why you are seeing such huge numbers of remainers out on the streets.

looks like most of the leavers have died out.

Ha ha ha.

Because the leavers all died out due to being aged dinosaurs? Showing your ignorance again? Or are the rest of us 50+ y/o leavers who haven't carked it called traitors by your lot?
The NEXT two generations of voters after WW2, who appreciated the sacrifices of those who fought for much, including DEMOCRACY?
You know, something that YOU and you REMOANERS wouldn't know of, had they failed. Selfish git.

The UK will NOT be poorer in the long run. WE were doing very well thank you before the alleged kiddy fiddler Heath tied us into the EU. Then Major and Blair did a sleight of hand dirty on us all to keep us shackled to it. You know, the unelected behemoth trojan that is YOUR w4nkfest union.
Go live in fvcking Syria if you want no rights. Let alone a vote.

n.b
Come a second referendum, and the result is LEAVE again, what are the odds it will be dragged out for another 3 1/2 years for a third referendum? Just like the Irish had.

Jock Gooner, A11M11 and Herd sum up my thoughts better than I articulate. You just attack and insult like a schoolboy bully.
Last edited by The Arsenal Way on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Most died out Rob ?
Don’t even believe it, most are working for a living and unable to get on the free buses to London supplied by Branson ,Delia Smith and the like . The feeling is just as strong as ever . There’s a lot more to leaving the EU than just a withdrawal bill and the benefits so many of your leaders are trying to protect .Afterall just look at the Swinson family’s interests and see where their desperation comes from.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Most died out Rob ?
Don’t even believe it, most are working for a living and unable to get on the free buses to London supplied by Branson ,Delia Smith and the like . The feeling is just as strong as ever . There’s a lot more to leaving the EU than just a withdrawal bill and the benefits so many of your leaders are trying to protect .Afterall just look at the Swinson family’s interests and see where their desperation comes from.
Ok so say on November 1st we are still in the EU.
How will this personal affect you ?

If there are any negative reasons then you should by your argument be making your views known.
It doesn’t mean that you have to come to London to do it.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

How will it affect me ?
It will be the final straw for many of my friends and customers in the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft offshore fishing industry and the inshore ones catching shellfish of of Cromer ,Sheringham and Wells who have been fighting a rearguard action to stay alive and in business.
I don’t go out to sea but I supply them with items to keep their boats seaworthy. My business will slow as theirs disappear . Whilst the French and Dutch hoover the sea for their quotas using electronic stun devices the by product of which is killing everything else. That’s why winkles,prawns,crabs,lobster are so expensive most that are caught are already dead .