The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Allgunsblazin

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:26 pm
For Christ's sake lads can you all stop the name calling and personal insults please. We have rules for this on here. Not many rules compared to most forums and we mod with a light hand but we rely on you guys to somewhat police your own conduct.

I agree and feck the backstop :wink: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Nation states must today be prepared to give up their sovereignty”, according to German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who told an audience in Berlin that sovereign nation states must not listen to the will of their citizens when it comes to questions of immigration, borders, or even sovereignty.
No this wasn’t something Adolf Hitler said many decades ago, this is what German Chancellor Angela Merkel told attendants at an event by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation in Berlin. Merkel has announced she won’t seek re-election in 2021 and it is clear she is attempting to push the globalist agenda to its disturbing conclusion before she stands down.

Sees to have support !

Macron, whose lack of leadership is proving unable to deal with growing protests in France, told the Bundestag that France and Germany should be at the center of the emerging New World Order.

“The Franco-German couple [has]the obligation not to let the world slip into chaos and to guide it on the road to peace”.

“Europe must be stronger… and win more sovereignty,” he went on to demand, just like Merkel, that EU member states surrender national sovereignty to Brussels over “foreign affairs, migration, and development” as well as giving “an increasing part of our budgets and even fiscal resources”.

Keep worrying about the price of fish though.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 am
Nation states must today be prepared to give up their sovereignty”, according to German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who told an audience in Berlin that sovereign nation states must not listen to the will of their citizens when it comes to questions of immigration, borders, or even sovereignty.
No this wasn’t something Adolf Hitler said many decades ago, this is what German Chancellor Angela Merkel told attendants at an event by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation in Berlin. Merkel has announced she won’t seek re-election in 2021 and it is clear she is attempting to push the globalist agenda to its disturbing conclusion before she stands down.

Sees to have support !

Macron, whose lack of leadership is proving unable to deal with growing protests in France, told the Bundestag that France and Germany should be at the center of the emerging New World Order.

“The Franco-German couple [has]the obligation not to let the world slip into chaos and to guide it on the road to peace”.

“Europe must be stronger… and win more sovereignty,” he went on to demand, just like Merkel, that EU member states surrender national sovereignty to Brussels over “foreign affairs, migration, and development” as well as giving “an increasing part of our budgets and even fiscal resources”.

Keep worrying about the price of fish though.
Fox Mulder you have now proven the Majestic 12 alien conspiracy is behind everything. I'm genuinely worried. :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I am not making it up , it's all there to see if you care to look.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12- ... orld-order

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

In an increasingly globalised world it is important for Europe to be stronger.

If you want to be isolated in a little backwater then fine. Just don’t be surprised if an increasing number of people don’t like the look of your bleak, impoverished Britain of the future.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Where do you get all this shit from haha. Do you even check the sources?

Bulgaria this time.

:D :) :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:52 pm
A11M11 wrote:

Bulgaria this time.

Hmm this coming from someone who quotes the putrid opinion pieces from the Guardian and Independent :roll:

I prefer to look at various articles across the spectrum and put together my own opinion not have it fed to me by EU mouthpiece 'illiterazzi'. I absolutely despise Trump but he certainly got one thing right , the amount of fake news on all sides these days is embarrassing.

I don't want some no mark journalists opinion i want pure, unadulterated facts, i'm big enough and ugly enough to then make up my own mind about things..... a bit like i did with the EU long ago, a good number of years prior to the referendum :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:07 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:52 pm
A11M11 wrote:

Bulgaria this time.

Hmm this coming from someone who quotes the putrid opinion pieces from the Guardian and Independent :roll:

I prefer to look at various articles across the spectrum and put together my own opinion not have it fed to me by EU mouthpiece 'illiterazzi'. I absolutely despise Trump but he certainly got one thing right , the amount of fake news on all sides these days is embarrassing.

I don't want some no mark journalists opinion i want pure, unadulterated facts, i'm big enough and ugly enough to then make up my own mind about things..... a bit like i did with the EU long ago, a good number of years prior to the referendum :rubchin:
I also reference the Telegraph and the Times/FT all different spectrums of the political arena. I can't believe you are suggesting that a Bulgarian blogger is a credible source of news.

And yes I agree with you we should all make our own minds up without being influenced by journalists with ulterior motives. However, a lot of information put out by UK news sources is very useful to make an informed decision as to what it is the best way forward for this country, unfortunately on the vote leave side people allowed their prejudices against EU migrants/migrants to create an uninformed opinion. I would hazard a guess that the Indie offers a more credible source of information than zero hedge.

In fact after 5 minutes I knew that was the case. The bloke behind zero hedge is a fruitcake posing under a pseudonym. This is how far people will go to influence politics in another country. And they target people who want to hear a certain point of view to fuel that "confirmation bias". The Russians in particular have stitched up this country and the US like kippers over the last few years. I really didn't take fake news seriously until I've saw some of the dubious links posted on this thread.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-men ... ?r=US&IR=T

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Maybe those who prefer to read Bulgarian bloggers than U.K. newspapers would be better off living in Bulgaria.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And you like the thought of giving fiscal decisions regarding your income tax , mortgage rates , VAT , to Brussels then so be it.

Rob :- Impoverished that's way over the top but in your globalist new order who is calling the shots ? Who is controlling the new European Army , are you happy to have British soldiers under Franco / German control and what are they to be used for ? Defending the E.U principles rather like the Madrid national Guardia against the Catalan population in Barcelona . Or crushing the uprisings in their Eastern Colonies where many having escaped the yoke of Russia fell into the arms of the E.U as a safe haven but are finding that membership is not all it was cracked up to be.
Nut Flush You ask why a Bulgarian in Bulgaria uses a pseudonym well this lecturer at the UCL in London Radosveta Vassileva
says that Many of them have given up following Bulgarian media .
and that we have not seen mass protests at home so far because of people's fear - fear that they will be arrested, fear that para-police gangs will harass their families, or that they will simply lose their jobs.

This is not the EU which Bulgarians aspired to be part of. After Poland and Hungary, Bulgaria seems like Europe's next rule of law crisis.

So no Rob I do not wish to live in a country where opinions are repressed , where criticism of the ruling party is punishable , where the ability to air views that are not mainstream is actively put down . We already know that there is a non criticise clause in E.U pensions and payments https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... nsion.html ( I assume that I can link this as it's from the telegraph ) and suspect that this is why so many are desperate to stay aligned.
So no Rob I wish to stay here in a country which has retained most of it's values but I want to stay where we don't fall into the trap of total integration which is where the E.U is heading at the moment.
Oh BTW that has nothing to do with immigrants Nut Flush as I said months ago certain immigration is good we just need to be a bit selective about it.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd, you claim to have studied Economics and yet when I read the first answer above I find it hard to see what economic theories that you have analysed, which bring you to the conclusion that banks deliberately depress the value of the pound to force through a political agenda. What exactly did you study, I am curious to know.

I do accept market manipulation exists, and yes there have been many examples in the past of rogue traders using insider information to make themselves a lot of money. However, when we are talking about currencies its totally different gravy. In recent history there has only been one financier George Soros who used the ERM to short the pound and make himself a few billion quid in the process. And he wasn't manipulating markets, he made a bet and got it right ie shorting the pound.

With regards to the forex market today, the pound is free floating, its not open to manipulation by banks or any other institutions. It's value is a barometer on the overall health of our economy. It's fact things haven't been great since the referendum, and that's why the pound is weaker. You can blame the banks for a lot of things, but making cliche'd remarks just to serve a leave agenda really doesn't prove anything.

Stephen Fry made this great video about the propaganda fed to the country by vote leave. So many people have fallen for the rubbish Farage, Johnson and Rees Mogg have come out with over the last 3 years.
I'm afraid to say the more I read from you the more that I know you are rather naive about markets and how they work,if you can't accept that the pound has been deliberately forced down by European banks in a bid to punish the UK then their really isnt much hope of me explaining anything to you because you won't either believe it or worse understand it .
Furthermore it's a bit rich for you to call me out over cliched remarks as your retoric has been full of them for the last 2 years ffs.
I grant you your slightly more inteligent than Rob but at heart your a cut and paster without any clue of what you talking about it's hard to debate or engage with you in any way .
FYI I loathe and despise Farage and Johnson and have little time for Rees Mogg either not sure what you mean there fella but I certainly haven't been brainwashed by them and I think you insult a lot of peoples intelligence with that crap.
The remoan faction has,since the vote spent untold billions on trying to turn peoples heads on Brexit with all sorts of garbage much of which you have regurgitated on here without the slightest understanding whatsoever and presenting it as fact when it is pure speculation .

You can't educate Pork so I won't try , Happy New Year to you and yours .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Always a conspiracy theory isn’t it Herd?
Maybe try living in the real world for a change in 2919.

It’s funny how you claim to posess a brain cell but then try to argue against alll educated facts on Brexit. As for despising Farage and his chums - well you voted with him in 2016 :roll: Says it all - you are associated with him whether you like it or not.

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:23 pm
Herd, you claim to have studied Economics and yet when I read the first answer above I find it hard to see what economic theories that you have analysed, which bring you to the conclusion that banks deliberately depress the value of the pound to force through a political agenda. What exactly did you study, I am curious to know.

I do accept market manipulation exists, and yes there have been many examples in the past of rogue traders using insider information to make themselves a lot of money. However, when we are talking about currencies its totally different gravy. In recent history there has only been one financier George Soros who used the ERM to short the pound and make himself a few billion quid in the process. And he wasn't manipulating markets, he made a bet and got it right ie shorting the pound.

With regards to the forex market today, the pound is free floating, its not open to manipulation by banks or any other institutions. It's value is a barometer on the overall health of our economy. It's fact things haven't been great since the referendum, and that's why the pound is weaker. You can blame the banks for a lot of things, but making cliche'd remarks just to serve a leave agenda really doesn't prove anything.

Stephen Fry made this great video about the propaganda fed to the country by vote leave. So many people have fallen for the rubbish Farage, Johnson and Rees Mogg have come out with over the last 3 years.
I'm afraid to say the more I read from you the more that I know you are rather naive about markets and how they work,if you can't accept that the pound has been deliberately forced down by European banks in a bid to punish the UK then their really isnt much hope of me explaining anything to you because you won't either believe it or worse understand it .
Furthermore it's a bit rich for you to call me out over cliched remarks as your retoric has been full of them for the last 2 years ffs.
I grant you your slightly more inteligent than Rob but at heart your a cut and paster without any clue of what you talking about it's hard to debate or engage with you in any way .
FYI I loathe and despise Farage and Johnson and have little time for Rees Mogg either not sure what you mean there fella but I certainly haven't been brainwashed by them and I think you insult a lot of peoples intelligence with that crap.
The remoan faction has,since the vote spent untold billions on trying to turn peoples heads on Brexit with all sorts of garbage much of which you have regurgitated on here without the slightest understanding whatsoever and presenting it as fact when it is pure speculation .

You can't educate Pork so I won't try , Happy New Year to you and yours .
Its ridiculous to say UK banks have forced down the value of our currency, and you seriously call me naive, jeez. Its just another conspiracy theory you have come out with imo.

Currencies are traded on global markets, and its the people who voted leave that are more reponsible for a depressed pound than UK financial institutions.

Happy New year to you as well!!

Herd

Post by Herd »

I didn't say UK banks I said European ,and they have done it and continue to make the odd effort ,its no co-incidence there were two sharp downward lurches on the pound just as Britons went on their annual Holidays in August 2017 and 2018 ,it's no conspiracy theory it's what happened
Its a high stakes game and involves billions of dollars ,you think people play fair ??

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

You would have to be a brainwashed, deluded retard to still think Brexit was a good idea.

Amazingly there are still some about! :banghead: