The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

A11M11

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by A11M11 »

Actually Rob it was in reply to Nut flushes somewhat comtemptous request.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The legacy of Brexiteers - the UK the laughing stock of the world

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 57bc9cc0fb

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Unfortunately so , Her first mistake was allowing the E.U to set the terms of the negotiation .The use of the words " our friends " when the negotiations started was the first sign that they held all the cards. Once that was done we were truly up the proverbial creek.
It seems that we have had a succession of people that wanted to dictate the terms to them but were undermined by our own side . No doubt in aboiut 25 years the country may well find out when the papers ae released. I suspect that they will not cast a favourable light on our government , civil service and negotiators..

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

For all the talk in the press I have to say that i do not personally, friend, family or colleague, know a single individual who has changed their viewpoint Leave--->Remain or vice versa, i wonder who exactly the 'media' are asking.... :rubchin:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm
For all the talk in the press I have to say that i do not personally, friend, family or colleague, know a single individual who has changed their viewpoint Leave--->Remain or vice versa, i wonder who exactly the 'media' are asking.... :rubchin:
even if nobody has changed their minds there is still likely to be a majority in favour of remaining now.

in the 2 years since the vote loads of elderly leavers have died and loads of younger remainers are now eligible to vote.
this is why the Leavers are so terrified of a 2nd referendum - they know they would LOSE

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm
Unfortunately so , Her first mistake was allowing the E.U to set the terms of the negotiation .The use of the words " our friends " when the negotiations started was the first sign that they held all the cards. Once that was done we were truly up the proverbial creek.
It seems that we have had a succession of people that wanted to dictate the terms to them but were undermined by our own side . No doubt in aboiut 25 years the country may well find out when the papers ae released. I suspect that they will not cast a favourable light on our government , civil service and negotiators..
The arrogance was thinking we could have the upper hand on the negotiations, but this is how brexiteers think. It's a bit like leaving a job and deciding how much notice you are going to give your employer.

We are up against 27 other countries, what in gods name makes you think that the outcome could/should have been any different? If Rees Mogg or Boris Johnson had negotiated what superior offer would be on the table. And if that offer was a reality why wasn't either of them on the front line making sure we damn well got the deal?

I will tell you why it's because both of them would look like fools coming back from Brussels with their tails between their legs. Their political ambitions also mean that this isn't the time to put your head above the parapet when all the shit is flying around.

shu

Post by shu »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 am
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:00 am
I am not sure quite why I am responding to this as your supercilliousness knows no bounds .
However the backstop is a fall back should the two parties fail to reach a trade agreement within the time frame of the period of negotiation. This applies in the greater part to the Northern Ireland / Eire border but also enables the two parties to continue trading without interruption throughout the negotiation
For this ability to leave but continue on we must pay an exhorbitant amount of money for the priviledge, in effect paying more than double the sum which we are likely to get out. Furthermore if the agreement is not reached within the set period we have no ability to get out of it without the E.U's prior say so. Good deal for them ! ( drag their feet and keep the money rolling in.) and prevent us from doing any deals that might impact on their finances.
Also tactically it's not a good position for us because if we want to avoid going into this debacle the members of the 27 remaining countries will have open house to blackmail and squeeze every last drop they can from us.
Go into backstop and continue in the customs union and the single market so that goods and people can cross over the Irish border unhindered.
Not exactly Brexit is it.

However tonight it seems that there might be some movement on this but i doubt it will be enough to mollify those of us that wish to sever our ties .
Well pasted, what right wing publication did you get that tosh from. Leaving the customs union will cost this country a lot more than we have to pay for the provision of a quasi solution. Its already been quantified that even using the backstop via the agreement TM ratified with the europeans, that it would have much less of an economic impact than a hard brexit. I posted the details last week.

So I go back to my previous point, we never have had the upper hand in negotiations. A hard brexit doesnt solve the NI issue. We need to go back to the drawing board and find a solution and quick.
Nut flush , you are spot on and it is all down to poor negotiating . First time I have ever agreed with u :barscarf:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Anyone who hasnt changed their mind must be fucking dumb.Where have they been the last 2 years?.We now have a divided country.Its no coincidence that race hate crimes have increased since Brexit. Those idiots who voted leave on an untrue promise that the NHS would get £350m a week should be lined up against the wall and shot.We will end up with a no deal and we will suffer years and years of hardship. As Alan Sugar said Johnson Gove and Farage should be locked up for treason.As for Corbyn he should be ashamed

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

how much damage will this do the conservative party now?

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:52 am
Herd wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am
I see we haven't got anywhere since I last popped in .
The gall of modern politicians simply no no bounds ,this government has stalled this process ,come up with an unworkable solution and then tries to hurry us into a headlock that we can never escape from ,Its better to stay in europe than the current proposal and they know it full well.
When it gets voted down we will stay in Europe which was the plan all along May will be ousted but cry no tears for she will be richly rewarded by the powers that be for keeping us in .
The whole thing has been an illusion to fool us into thinking we live in a democracy when of course that is a foolish notion and very dangerous .

Go back to sleep everyone ,theres nothing to see here ,when I wake up I want more tits ,more minge and more drugs !
coming up with conspiracy theories now are we ?

can I remind you that the Brexit deal which is struggling to get through Parliament was actually approved between Theresa May and the EU a couple of weeks ago. This would actually deliver Brexit - admittedly not the fantasy Brexit that you and A11M11 want, but it would have fulfilled what you voted for in 2016, whether you like that or not.

the ONLY reason that the UK is not proceeding with this Brexit for now is because Dominic Grieve narrowly won a vote a year ago, which gave Parliament the right to vote on any deal.

It is the Brexiteers in Parliament that are stopping Brexit! I will say it again - it is this deal OR Brexit won't happen.
What is a conspiracy two or more people working with each other to achieve something nefarious.

Pretty much all politics is conspiracy, the term conspiracy theory/theorist was ironically made popular by the CIA's operation mocking bird. Which was a conspiracy to decredit investigative journalism, and feed propaganda . They blackmailed editors, and placed journalists who were cia agents to a vast number of news outlets world wide. It was meant to make anybody who saw something like Herd wrote say

"Oh he is just a conspiracy theorist" , when you break it down just means he thinks it is possible that corrupt people can sometimes align and do corrupt shit together.

It's clever, and it works.

Both leave and remain campaigns are a conspiracy and the money people behind it are doing it for nefarious reasons, the only thing is which one also makes the majority of the population better off?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm just hoping if nothing else that we Oirish get to know our place and maybe if we're lucky the Tories will allow us back into the Empire....

https://www.joe.ie/politics/brexit-iris ... ace-651353

:lol: :wink:

nut flush gooner

Can it honestly get any worse, we are the laughing stock of the world.

Politicians playing politics over the most important issues affecting this country in decades. This current lot are all as bad as each other, it doesn't matter what party they represent.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ernie71 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Anyone who hasnt changed their mind must be fucking dumb.Where have they been the last 2 years?.We now have a divided country.Its no coincidence that race hate crimes have increased since Brexit. Those idiots who voted leave on an untrue promise that the NHS would get £350m a week should be lined up against the wall and shot.We will end up with a no deal and we will suffer years and years of hardship. As Alan Sugar said Johnson Gove and Farage should be locked up for treason.As for Corbyn he should be ashamed
there are quite a few on here ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Politicians are merely the front line pawns in the game being played out in financial houses by people with control over all walks of our lives.

The only thing that the whole sorry saga has bought out is an awareness of some of the manipulators in the background. The financiers that use their pet politicos to manipulate , that use the media to spread their policies and of course the banking sector which is controlled by one or two families and Western governments and foriegn states who have used the "" free world "" :D to supply arms to maintain instability so that they can feed off the scraps of humanity and lastly organisations trying to build to increase their power base off the backs of basic working people.

it's been the problem all along , the world needs more individualism and less politics to help it on it's merry way.

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am
Ernie71 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
there are quite a few on here ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was in hospital yesterday seeing a consultant, and when I asked him if my prescription drugs (which are imported from Ireland) would have a supply issue if we leave the EU without a deal, he swiftly went on about brexit for five minutes before returning to the subject of my appointment.

Now, this is someone who is on the coalface, and can see the impact all of this is/will have on our health service. Yet brexiteers, will tell you that the NHS will have more funding with the money we save from membership of the EU. You couldn't make this up.