The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:33 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:39 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:09 pm
Anyway try reading this series of three articles from the Spectator ( a centre right publication. ) and ask yourself that even if there is a modicum of truth in their conclusions , Why would we sign up to it ?

Unless of course there is an ulterior motive.
I prefer to stick to facts.
By the way please do tell me one thing that you are looking forward to doing in April that you are unable to do now.
Tell you that we are no longer in the EU 8)
the response that sums up Brexiteers :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 pm
Land the fish on my mates boat without chucking most of them back.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/brexit ... al-brexit/

oh well the fishing industry might not survive but at least you will get to chuck some fish about :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

A11M11 you are talking to people who cannot see the wood from the trees . they are in the Matrix and cannot think for themselves,they are not ready to be unplugged .
"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."
"Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."
"The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
A11M11 you are talking to people who cannot see the wood from the trees . they are in the Matrix and cannot think for themselves,they are not ready to be unplugged .
"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."
"Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."
"The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."
have you had a bang on the head ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Remoaners are the most insulting w4nkers, with their own interest at heart.

Nutflush, I am world poker series player and Robbie, Cambridge savant, sum them up perfectly.

Treason.

:lol: :barscarf:

Infamy, infamy.......they've all got it in for me

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:38 am
Herd wrote:
Sorry Rob I didnt explain it for you ,for matrix read Eu ,ok is that clear for you or would you like nut flush to do the gcse explanation !

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Herd wrote:
Sorry Rob I didnt explain it for you ,for matrix read Eu ,ok is that clear for you or would you like nut flush to do the gcse explanation !
LOL you are good entertainment Herd, there is no doubt about that.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Herd wrote:
you do persist in making yourself look stupid don't you ?
you make out you know it all, but you do type some rubbish.

This issue really is very simple.
The UK population was asked whether they wanted to remain or leave the EU.
There was a slight majority for leave because the right wing elite were able to manipulate enough of the simple types like yourself into voting for it. However this elite made one crucial error. They NEVER had a plan of how to deliver Brexit, hence the brilliantly deliberate comments from Donald Tusk yesterday.
And so here we are nearly THREE years on, still no clearer than we were in 2016. And you still think that the EU is the problem ?

By now surely a tiny bit of your brain cell is realising that maybe Brexit isn't actually a good idea ?
Because if you think it is, you really must have had a bang on the head, like I was saying before.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Quote " The UK population was asked whether they wanted to remain or leave the EU.
There was a slight majority for leave because the right wing elite were able to manipulate enough of the simple types like yourself into voting for it. However this elite made one crucial error. They NEVER had a plan of how to deliver Brexit, hence the brilliantly deliberate comments from Donald Tusk yesterday.
And so here we are nearly THREE years on, still no clearer than we were in 2016. And you still think that the EU is the problem ? "" Unquote

Point 1 :- Yes they were asked a simple question in which it was clearly explained in a leaflet sent to every house that it meant leaving the four freedoms of the E.U's project . A majority voted to leave and that's how our democracy works.They received an instruction to leave and they should have started to do that from 24th june 2016
Whether leavers had a plan was never exposed because they never really got to negotiate . Davis , Raab and Baker have all appeared in front of select commitees and asserted that at every turn they were undermined by a prime minister and her team that were on the opposite of the Westminster argument.
As for Tusk's comments I find them a little dramatic but I understand them. He had at the outset offered a free trade deal plan which was being discussed until the PM and Robbins crashed in and destroyed it . He must be frustrated by the continual prevarication coming from a group that changes it's mind evertime the wind blows. He must be as fed up with May as we people that voted leave are. She has had three years to sort this out and there is no point of extending the period to keep coming back to her personal impasse and his somewhat brusque language has if anything hardened the Anti E.U sentiment . Maybe he is so pissed off with May that he just wants it done and dusted

I actually understand Herd's metaphor of the Matrix , it's a shame it seemed to go over your head. You say that leavers were brainwashed but remainers have been trapped on a never ending treadmill for years . You say that we were lied to !
I refer you to Heath , Wilson , Blair , Major et all who have lied all the way through the process . It is the E.U and our political leaders that have created a monster that has totally overrun your abilities to think for yourselves .
One day you will wake up and I hope for your sake it's not too late.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I prefer this one:

"Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read"

I do find it funny that most of the Remainers in the country tend actually to be the best thinkers we have , yet you accuse them of not being able to think for themselves :lol:

Or maybe as this is a football forum you might prefer this one :

"Brexit is like a Premier League side wanting to be relegated"

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I do find it funny that most of the Remainers in the country tend actually to be the best thinkers we have.

I have to say that I find that comment somewhat symptomatic of the I don't think my shit stinks attitude of people that want to talk down to everyone else .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:22 pm
I do find it funny that most of the Remainers in the country tend actually to be the best thinkers we have.

I have to say that I find that comment somewhat symptomatic of the I don't think my shit stinks attitude of people that want to talk down to everyone else .
standard response as usual.
you don't like that you are talked down to, but after nearly 3 years and still no Brexit plan then what do you expect ?

it was supposed to be so easy wasn't it ?
the EU would be begging us for a deal. that's going well isn't it ?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:30 am
I prefer this one:

"Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read"
while this attitude exists I don't think the remain campaign will gather much more support from the traditional leave areas. it's the inheritent classism and snobbery that seems to have dribbled down from the political elite into a vast swathe of the uk public, directed at those from unglamorous areas or poorer backgrounds that further entrenches this whole divide. people need to be uniting against those that have made selfish political decisions for years (pre brexit) not constantly punching down all the time.

ugh - rant over :|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:57 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
I prefer this one:

while this attitude exists I don't think the remain campaign will gather much more support from the traditional leave areas. it's the inheritent classism and snobbery that seems to have dribbled down from the political elite into a vast swathe of the uk public, directed at those from unglamorous areas or poorer backgrounds that further entrenches this whole divide. people need to be uniting against those that have made selfish political decisions for years (pre brexit) not constantly punching down all the time.

The point is that Brexit is going to divide the country further as well as increasing the divide between rich and poor!

Huge damage has already been done, but nothing compared to what is to follow. And all for what ! ?

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:57 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
I prefer this one:

I do have to say that many remainers come across as having a dismissive ,sneering attitude towards anyone who wants to leave. The condescending "you are too stupid to understand" stance towards people who voted to leave does very little to help.I am honest enough to admit that i do not know whether it is best to leave or stay, and i am not entirely convinced anyone else really knows until it happens.However ,being spoken to as if i am a halfwit for even considering leaving is never going to get me onside or anyone else who voted to leave or even considers it an option.