The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

nut flush gooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:28 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:05 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:31 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:50 am
Rob, Robbie, Bob

You really are a uber ignorant snowflake pillock.
Ignorant and self serving. Ever thought of a career in politics?
Have you ever tried to contribute to this thread, other than slag people off you dont agree with. As for being ignorant, you do a good job.

Not surprisingly missed by mods as usual.
The irony of that entire post is piss hilarious. :lol:

If you do not like the way this forum is modded then you can always report it to Mike1 or Gooner Ed - I'm sure they would value your input.

Or you could just leave.

I have already asked all of you to quit the name calling and personal insults on this thread. We do not mind people having a bit of a blow out occasionally or if its obviously tongue in cheek but repeatedly resorting to name calling or personal insults will be addressed and has been on numerous occasions. You yourself have been warned numerous times about it. Would you like to see us ban everyone for personal insults? Zero tolerance maybe? Because you'd be one of the first to go.
There's no irony, and I knew you would jump in first thing. The more you encourage me to communicate with Ed, the more I think it would be a good idea. Why should I leave, you don't seem to get the principle of democracy.

That aside, I've got a hundred plus back issues of the Gooner going back over two decades, so does a company honestly bite off the hand that feeds it?

Clearly not in the case of the Online Gooner.
Democracy? It's a football forum. :lol:

Wow a whole 100 plus issues huh? Yeah maybe contact Gooner Ed - he might talk Mike into giving you shares. What next? Go down the classic route of threatening legal action? Against a football forum. :roll: :lol:

If you are going to mouth off about the mods I will respond. Oh look it's one of my rights in a - wait for it - democracy. :yawn:

But I would advise being very careful how far you go if you want to go mouthing off at the mods. Because one thing Mike and Gooner Ed do not tolerate is abuse aimed at mods. Better posters than you have received permanent bans for that - 100 plus issues of the Gooner or not.
Where have I abused you? All I have done is question the quality of your modding?

You definitely do not treat each poster equally. If the owners of the fanzine can't see that, it's not my problem.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:35 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Have you ever tried to contribute to this thread, other than slag people off you dont agree with. As for being ignorant, you do a good job.

If you do not like the way this forum is modded then you can always report it to Mike1 or Gooner Ed - I'm sure they would value your input.

Or you could just leave.

I have already asked all of you to quit the name calling and personal insults on this thread. We do not mind people having a bit of a blow out occasionally or if its obviously tongue in cheek but repeatedly resorting to name calling or personal insults will be addressed and has been on numerous occasions. You yourself have been warned numerous times about it. Would you like to see us ban everyone for personal insults? Zero tolerance maybe? Because you'd be one of the first to go.
There's no irony, and I knew you would jump in first thing. The more you encourage me to communicate with Ed, the more I think it would be a good idea. Why should I leave, you don't seem to get the principle of democracy.

That aside, I've got a hundred plus back issues of the Gooner going back over two decades, so does a company honestly bite off the hand that feeds it?

Wow a whole 100 plus issues huh? Yeah maybe contact Gooner Ed - he might talk Mike into giving you shares. What next? Go down the classic route of threatening legal action? Against a football forum. :roll: :lol:

If you are going to mouth off about the mods I will respond. Oh look it's one of my rights in a - wait for it - democracy. :yawn:

But I would advise being very careful how far you go if you want to go mouthing off at the mods. Because one thing Mike and Gooner Ed do not tolerate is abuse aimed at mods. Better posters than you have received permanent bans for that - 100 plus issues of the Gooner or not.
Where have I abused you? All I have done is question the quality of your modding?

You definitely do not treat each poster equally. If the owners of the fanzine can't see that, it's not my problem.
Where did I say you did? I advised you to be careful. Over 10 years of modding this place has shown me that people like you nearly always follow a certain path. Their sense of entitlement gets upset by something, then they start to "question the quality of the modding", then they have a pop at a mod, then that becomes an obsession and they have numerous pops at mods, then they get abusive towards a mod, then they get banned permanently. It's all so boring and predictable. :roll:

For the record the owners are very happy with all the mods on here and with how we mod the place. Maybe the problem isnt the owners or the mods huh? Have you ever asked yourself why it's only you that so many of our members fall out with and end up trading insults with?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:13 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Or you could just leave.

Where did I say you did? I advised you to be careful. Over 10 years of modding this place has shown me that people like you nearly always follow a certain path. Their sense of entitlement gets upset by something, then they start to "question the quality of the modding", then they have a pop at a mod, then that becomes an obsession and they have numerous pops at mods, then they get abusive towards a mod, then they get banned permanently. It's all so boring and predictable. :roll:

For the record the owners are very happy with all the mods on here and with how we mod the place. Maybe the problem isnt the owners or the mods huh? Have you ever asked yourself why it's only you that so many of our members fall out with and end up trading insults with?
Well, you're not right here, if I did contact the publishers it wouldn't be to have you removed. Just make a point that I don't think you treat people equally. If they chose to ignore, not a lot I can do but that wouldn't turn me into a raging troll !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:31 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:13 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Well, you're not right here, if I did contact the publishers it wouldn't be to have you removed. Just make a point that I don't think you treat people equally. If they chose to ignore, not a lot I can do but that wouldn't turn me into a raging troll !
For the record I don't think you are a troll mate. I just think you have difficulty accepting others opinions.

As far as treating people equally the best way to look at it is we treat the situation rather than the person. There are certain rules we must enforce and there are certain things that could get the forum suspended or shut down. We respond to those situations no matter who the person is. The problem is that certain people are more likely to be involved in more fractious situations than others.

We actually try to mod this place with as light a hand as possible for all posters.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the way I view mods on here is the way I view referees in a football match - their decision is always FINAL :barscarf:

I accept that even though I usually agree with the views of Nut Flush on this thread over other posters.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

anyway back on topic and imagine being a Swindon Honda car worker who voted for Brexit! :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:58 am
the way I view mods on here is the way I view referees in a football match - their decision is always FINAL :barscarf:

I accept that even though I usually agree with the views of Nut Flush on this thread over other posters.
Jeez Rob I didn't know you hated us all THAT much mate !! :shock:

:D :wink:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

nut flush gooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:50 am
Rob, Robbie, Bob

You really are a uber ignorant snowflake pillock.
Ignorant and self serving. Ever thought of a career in politics?

Oh !!!! Get a grip snowflake.
I don't need to contribute pal.
Herd articulates my sentiments exactly. :-P :D
Call me a lazy git. :lol:

Now, snowflake. Fancy a 50k winner takes all, heads up poker game?
Obviously you and me, and not your side kick Rob, Robbie, Bob.

Herd

Post by Herd »

you do realise that the existence of the EU has prevented wars in Europe ?
surely unity is better than being isolated ?

the only Nazis that I have encountered recently are from this country. They call themselves Britain First. :roll:
One of their policies is to reduce the number of Muslims in the UK down to zero. Sounds familiar to the jews in Germany in the 1930s.

I have already had a go at a group of this lot giving out leaflets down my high street this morning. Total scumbags.
This is too good to let it pass ,what wars has the EU prevented prey tell Rob I'm all ears .
Did it prevent the troubles in Ireland ,the Bosnian war pehaps,no ? Croatian war of independence ,Bosnia or Kosovo nah don't think so ,th Cod war ? Cyprus invasion by Turkey ,Albanian Civil war ?? No the EU hasnt done any of that at all in fact the EU wants to get an Army so it can start a few wars ,isnt that a pip ?

Glad to see you fighting facism on the high street but you seem oblivious to Eu Facism towards it's throbbing member states !

Herd

Post by Herd »

What is it with you flush ,your either grassing people up or whining about the mods .
Grow a pair for christ sake !

The Arsenal Way

Herd wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:18 pm
What is it with you flush ,your either grassing people up or whining about the mods .
Grow a pair for christ sake !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There you have it busted Flush
:lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers Herd

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:59 am
anyway back on topic and imagine being a Swindon Honda car worker who voted for Brexit! :lol: :lol:
I loved the unbiased coverage of this by the BBC yesterday :wink: ,Honda have clearly stated that it had nothing to do with Brexit but that didn't stop the reporter telling you it was at least partly to blame .
The problem is simply that they are making too many cars and they can make them in China or Thailand or Indonesia much cheaper so it's easier to shut down the UK plant !
But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story ,eh Rob !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:29 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
I loved the unbiased coverage of this by the BBC yesterday :wink: ,Honda have clearly stated that it had nothing to do with Brexit but that didn't stop the reporter telling you it was at least partly to blame .
The problem is simply that they are making too many cars and they can make them in China or Thailand or Indonesia much cheaper so it's easier to shut down the UK plant !
surely you can't be so naïve to think that Brexit did not play a major part in Honda leaving the UK.
of course Honda said that it had nothing to do with Brexit, the Japanese were just too polite to say that it did.

if you have ever had dealings with the Japanese as I have had recently this is actually very typical behaviour from them.
you will do well to read this column from the Evening Standard yesterday which sets it all out very clearly for you
https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comm ... 70631.html

Isn't it amazing how all these companies such as Honda are suddenly leaving the UK at the same time ?
Honda yesterday and then how about adding Nissan, Ford, JLR, Panasonic, Sony, Dyson, Phillips, Hitachi, Toshiba, FlyBMI ?

try and put 2 and 2 together Herd or is that too complicated for you ?

The Arsenal Way

Ooh......The Evening Standard. Rob, Robbie, Bob

I read that rag.
Speaks volumes, eh?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:00 pm
Herd wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:29 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
surely you can't be so naïve to think that Brexit did not play a major part in Honda leaving the UK.
of course Honda said that it had nothing to do with Brexit, the Japanese were just too polite to say that it did.

if you have ever had dealings with the Japanese as I have had recently this is actually very typical behaviour from them.
you will do well to read this column from the Evening Standard yesterday which sets it all out very clearly for you
https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comm ... 70631.html

Isn't it amazing how all these companies such as Honda are suddenly leaving the UK at the same time ?
Honda yesterday and then how about adding Nissan, Ford, JLR, Panasonic, Sony, Dyson, Phillips, Hitachi, Toshiba, FlyBMI ?

try and put 2 and 2 together Herd or is that too complicated for you ?
I have done business with ,Mitsubishi ,Mitsui,Sumitomo,Marubeni,Idemitsu Kosan to name but a few ,for over 30 years , I was in Japan last Year and have been there many times but of course if youve recently bought a JVC television travelled in a Toyota Prius or ordered a bowl of ramen then I guess that will trump it Rob !