The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

DB10GOONER

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by DB10GOONER »

"Lisbon Treaty? Refer to Ireland and it's referendum. Vote as much as you like, until the correct vote is returned."

We loved that one we did. Comedy gold.

Begorrah !!

:lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:32 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:57 am
"Supercillious blustering braggart."

:lol:
you're gonna kop it now A11M11.
Probably not quite as bad as nutflush did from Herd though.
I know Robbie from a few other forums, and he ain't quite so insulting on them. Must have touched a nerve here I guess.
that's interesting because I don't post on any other football forums :D
not a footy forum chum, far, very far from it. ok :rubchin: :shock:
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!

:popcorn:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

I know Robbie from a few other forums, and he ain't quite so insulting on them. Must have touched a nerve here I guess.
well i post on a horse racing forum but that's it as far as i am aware :D
nah. far from it mate.
but even as we disagree and name call on here. I would never call you out pal.
so relax.
No one will ever know that you love to open your home to stray cats.....okay.
:D
You mean he likes his Pussy on the wild side??? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:23 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:08 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:01 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 pm

well i post on a horse racing forum but that's it as far as i am aware :D
nah. far from it mate.
but even as we disagree and name call on here. I would never call you out pal.
so relax.
No one will ever know that you love to open your home to stray cats.....okay.
:D
Nope you lost me now.
Sun been getting to you down under has it ? :roll:
yup. the sun has been getting to me mate.....and all over too
a clue for you....ok
clue for you is that I only post under Rob, Steve, Dave, Mike and Phil on here :roll:
:shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:01 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!

:popcorn:
good isn't it ? like a soap opera :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Been sort of telling you for some time :- The EU’s “4 Steps to taxation without representation”

Almost unreported by the majority pro-EU British media, last week the EU Commission announced its proprosals to continue the harmonisation of taxes across the EU, to the detriment of British businesses and consumers.

Not only that, but it proposes that these should be agreed under the ‘Qualified Majority Voting’ system, which means that individual member states such as the UK would no longer have a veto.

Here is what the unelected EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker had to say:

“Our increasingly globalised economies need modern and ambitious tax systems. I remain strongly in favour of moving to qualified majority voting and a stronger voice for the European Parliament on the common future of taxation in our Union.”

- Jean-Claude Juncker, EU Commission President, 15 Jan 2019

The EU’s “4 Steps to taxation without representation”

Step 1

“Member States would agree to move to qualified majority voting decision-making when it comes to measures that improve cooperation and mutual assistance between Member States in fighting tax fraud, tax evasion, as well as for administrative initiatives for EU businesses, e.g. harmonised reporting obligations. These measures are usually welcomed by all Member States but are prone to being blocked for reasons unrelated to the issues at hand.”

Step 2

“Would introduce qualified majority voting as a useful tool to progress measures in which taxation supports other policy goals, e.g. fighting climate change, protecting the environment or improving public health.”

Step 3

“The use of qualified majority voting under Step 3 would help to modernise already harmonised EU rules such as VAT and excise duty rules. Faster decision-making in these areas would allow Member States to keep up with the latest technological developments and market changes to the advantage of EU countries and businesses alike.”

Step 4

“Step 4 would allow a shift to qualified majority voting for major tax projects, such as the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base and a new system for the taxation of the digital economy, that are urgently needed to ensure fair and competitive taxation in the EU. In particular, the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base is still progressing very slowly as a result of unanimity.”

“Today's Communication suggests that Member States consider developing Steps 3 and 4 by the end of 2025.”

“Which EU do Remainer MPs want to Remain in?” The Commission’s latest proposals are a classic demonstration of why this question is so important.

We have yet to hear a single Remainer MP say one word about the EU’s plans to transform itself and take yet more power from its member states.

Please note that the Commission wants all four steps in place by 2025, meaning member states will no longer have a veto over taxation policies which they need in their own countries.

We have also previously reported on the Commission’s plans for a ‘financial transaction tax’. Given that the bulk of financial transactions in the EU take place in the City of London, this would in effect be a tax on the UK.

The level of ignorance and apparent unwillingness to want to inform themselves, is astonishing amongst Remainer MPs.

It’s one thing making arguments to Remain in the EU on the basis of knowledge of the facts. It’s quite another to continue to mislead the British public on an epic scale, without knowing what they are talking about.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:18 am
Been sort of telling you for some time :- The EU’s “4 Steps to taxation without representation”

Almost unreported by the majority pro-EU British media, last week the EU Commission announced its proprosals to continue the harmonisation of taxes across the EU, to the detriment of British businesses and consumers.

Not only that, but it proposes that these should be agreed under the ‘Qualified Majority Voting’ system, which means that individual member states such as the UK would no longer have a veto.

Here is what the unelected EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker had to say:

“Our increasingly globalised economies need modern and ambitious tax systems. I remain strongly in favour of moving to qualified majority voting and a stronger voice for the European Parliament on the common future of taxation in our Union.”

- Jean-Claude Juncker, EU Commission President, 15 Jan 2019

The EU’s “4 Steps to taxation without representation”

Step 1

“Member States would agree to move to qualified majority voting decision-making when it comes to measures that improve cooperation and mutual assistance between Member States in fighting tax fraud, tax evasion, as well as for administrative initiatives for EU businesses, e.g. harmonised reporting obligations. These measures are usually welcomed by all Member States but are prone to being blocked for reasons unrelated to the issues at hand.”

Step 2

“Would introduce qualified majority voting as a useful tool to progress measures in which taxation supports other policy goals, e.g. fighting climate change, protecting the environment or improving public health.”

Step 3

“The use of qualified majority voting under Step 3 would help to modernise already harmonised EU rules such as VAT and excise duty rules. Faster decision-making in these areas would allow Member States to keep up with the latest technological developments and market changes to the advantage of EU countries and businesses alike.”

Step 4

“Step 4 would allow a shift to qualified majority voting for major tax projects, such as the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base and a new system for the taxation of the digital economy, that are urgently needed to ensure fair and competitive taxation in the EU. In particular, the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base is still progressing very slowly as a result of unanimity.”

“Today's Communication suggests that Member States consider developing Steps 3 and 4 by the end of 2025.”

“Which EU do Remainer MPs want to Remain in?” The Commission’s latest proposals are a classic demonstration of why this question is so important.

We have yet to hear a single Remainer MP say one word about the EU’s plans to transform itself and take yet more power from its member states.

Please note that the Commission wants all four steps in place by 2025, meaning member states will no longer have a veto over taxation policies which they need in their own countries.

We have also previously reported on the Commission’s plans for a ‘financial transaction tax’. Given that the bulk of financial transactions in the EU take place in the City of London, this would in effect be a tax on the UK.

The level of ignorance and apparent unwillingness to want to inform themselves, is astonishing amongst Remainer MPs.

It’s one thing making arguments to Remain in the EU on the basis of knowledge of the facts. It’s quite another to continue to mislead the British public on an epic scale, without knowing what they are talking about.
So you've moved on from fake news websites to quoting articles from facts4eu.org. How much do you know about different types of taxation and the impact harmonisation of taxation can have on a particular economy, or are you just paraphrasing something that confirms your bias against the EU without actually knowing what it means?

I am interested to hear what your opinions are on the two countries who have openly objected to harmonisation of corporation tax rates across the EU, because their rates have historically been much lower than the rest of the member states.

You would gain far more respect from remainers, if you just admitted that you voted for Brexit because you don't like immigrants rather than peddling pro brexit websites and fake news just to back up your agenda.

By the way, it was rather good of the brexiteer John Dyson to announce his company is moving its headquarters to Singapore because of the better opportunities presented in Asia. Wait a minute, post Brexit Britain is the place for businesses to thrive right?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

if you just admitted that you voted for Brexit because you don't like immigrants

Finally got there , calling me out as a rascist then . Nice , is that the best you've got ? I don't care what people are although I suspect that you may well have blue and gold stars tatooed on your arse but that's your affair.

Daily telegraph columnist Christopher Booker gives a potted history of the lies and deceit.
/campaignforanindependentbritain.org.uk/britain-europe-bruges-group/

You ask , How much do you know about different types of taxation and the impact harmonisation of taxation can have on a particular economy ?

Very good , lets go down the brow beating line with your most obvious superior knowledge. Taxation , I have paid it in many forms all of my life and yes I understand the principal .However what you are incapable of understanding is the reasons for voting leave were not built on financial terms but more the way the everyday working person will be affected by the continual growth and power grab of this union.
If you want that fine it's your decision . Actually it isn't . The decision was taken some time ago but has yet to be enacted.

Again you ask :- I am interested to hear what your opinions are on the two countries who have openly objected to harmonisation of corporation tax rates across the EU, because their rates have historically been much lower than the rest of the member states.

Their objections will not amount to much when majority voting goes through . 25 / 2 you lose.

""The European Commission will, next year, seek to identify tax areas where decision making could be moved to a qualified majority of member states instead of unanimity, in an effort to show voters ahead of the European elections that the EU is serious about tackling tax evasion.
In its 2019 work programme, unveiled on Tuesday (23 October), the EU executive named taxation as an area where it wanted "more efficient lawmaking", and identified topics "for a move to qualified majority voting". That's from The EUobserver , feel free to look them up and then pillory and disregard them at your leisure.
You are either in favour of subjucation or else you have your head in your financial world and cannot understand or see a bigger picture.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:23 pm
if you just admitted that you voted for Brexit because you don't like immigrants

Finally got there , calling me out as a rascist then . Nice , is that the best you've got ? I don't care what people are although I suspect that you may well have blue and gold stars tatooed on your arse but that's your affair.

Daily telegraph columnist Christopher Booker gives a potted history of the lies and deceit.
/campaignforanindependentbritain.org.uk/britain-europe-bruges-group/

You ask , How much do you know about different types of taxation and the impact harmonisation of taxation can have on a particular economy ?

Very good , lets go down the brow beating line with your most obvious superior knowledge. Taxation , I have paid it in many forms all of my life and yes I understand the principal .However what you are incapable of understanding is the reasons for voting leave were not built on financial terms but more the way the everyday working person will be affected by the continual growth and power grab of this union.
If you want that fine it's your decision . Actually it isn't . The decision was taken some time ago but has yet to be enacted.

Again you ask :- I am interested to hear what your opinions are on the two countries who have openly objected to harmonisation of corporation tax rates across the EU, because their rates have historically been much lower than the rest of the member states.

Their objections will not amount to much when majority voting goes through . 25 / 2 you lose.

""The European Commission will, next year, seek to identify tax areas where decision making could be moved to a qualified majority of member states instead of unanimity, in an effort to show voters ahead of the European elections that the EU is serious about tackling tax evasion.
In its 2019 work programme, unveiled on Tuesday (23 October), the EU executive named taxation as an area where it wanted "more efficient lawmaking", and identified topics "for a move to qualified majority voting". That's from The EUobserver , feel free to look them up and then pillory and disregard them at your leisure.
You are either in favour of subjucation or else you have your head in your financial world and cannot understand or see a bigger picture.
Clearly you havent listened to some of the things I have said over the last few years. I am not surprised tbh.

I have mentioned that I am or was a Conservative supporter. Despite this and having reservations about certain aspects of how the EU is run, I came to the conclusion that membership of the EU was “better the devil you know”. You come across as someone who just cant let go of Britains imperial past who doesn’t like taking orders from institutions outside the UK, so why was it ok for the ball to be on the other foot for several hundred years? No tattoo here just the ability to weigh up the pros and cons without referring to dodgy websites and realising fishing rights arent going to see us through the choppy waters of brexit.

The deal that is on the table that has just been rejected is damage limitation. A hard brexit is a disaster for everyone in this country, moreso for the working classes than anyone else. Britain is a second rate manufacturing nation, it has been for decades. When these overseas companies jump ship and hop over to mainland europe or further afield (and before you cry scaremongering its already happening) then the brexiteers can celebrate getting their country back.

Im going to respond to your plagiarising of the EUs policy on tax harmonisation in another post when I get a minute. In fact better still I want to know what it is about tax harmonisation that puts your nose out of joint. How does or would it affect you personally if we remained in the EU?
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 - can you please stop referring to the EU as "them"

The UK is a major nation IN the EU and has played a big part in setting EU laws.
The EU is not and should not be our enemy.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:54 pm
[

By the way, it was rather good of the brexiteer John Dyson to announce his company is moving its headquarters to Singapore because of the better opportunities presented in Asia. Wait a minute, post Brexit Britain is the place for businesses to thrive right?
:shock: What company does he run Nut flush? I guess he is Jameses brother or something :? :lol:

nut flush gooner

Theoperator wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:54 pm
[

:shock: What company does he run Nut flush? I guess he is Jameses brother or something :? :lol:
Quite right it is James, I am sure it's Singapore and not Salisbury though, not having a senile moment there.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

who's looking forward to Martial Law in a couple of months time then ? :D

must admit I didn't think this is what "taking back control" would look like, but of course will of the people and all that :lol: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Not getting mixed up with your favourite supermarket founded by John James Sainsbury ?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Barnier :- “J’aurais réussi ma mission si, à la fin, le deal est tellement dur pour les Britanniques qu’ils préféront rester dans l’Union.”

In English: “I’ll have done my job if, in the end, the deal is so tough on the British that they’d prefer to stay in the EU”.

Tusk :- The British people may have voted to leave, but we have made all the alternatives so unappealing that they’ll simply have to back down.

Jean-Claude Juncker, :- Brexit must be a form of “punishment” for deserters.

Rob these are not comments made by friends and Allies . We are at a table with us on one side and THEY are on the other .

Plain and simple it makes it us and them