The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 am
Barnier :- “J’aurais réussi ma mission si, à la fin, le deal est tellement dur pour les Britanniques qu’ils préféront rester dans l’Union.”

In English: “I’ll have done my job if, in the end, the deal is so tough on the British that they’d prefer to stay in the EU”.

Tusk :- The British people may have voted to leave, but we have made all the alternatives so unappealing that they’ll simply have to back down.

Jean-Claude Juncker, :- Brexit must be a form of “punishment” for deserters.

Rob these are not comments made by friends and Allies . We are at a table with us on one side and THEY are on the other .

Plain and simple it makes it us and them
Yes of course there has to be an us and them for sorting out the withdrawal agreement, but that doesn't mean to say they don't regret us leaving.
and yes of course they will make it hard for us to leave so that they can retain the power in the region. They hold all the cards after all.

isnt it funny how the EU have not bowed to our demands yet ?
I thought that they needed us more than we needed them. Obviously this was yet another lie by the lying, manipulative leave campaigners.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47028748

any Brexiteer that reads this and then at the end of it still thinks that a no deal Brexit is a good idea is either stupid or illiterate.
and if you keep on and on shouting Project Fear, then you just show yourself up to be a simpleton. You cannot keep on arguing against reality.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 am
Barnier :- “J’aurais réussi ma mission si, à la fin, le deal est tellement dur pour les Britanniques qu’ils préféront rester dans l’Union.”

In English: “I’ll have done my job if, in the end, the deal is so tough on the British that they’d prefer to stay in the EU”.

Tusk :- The British people may have voted to leave, but we have made all the alternatives so unappealing that they’ll simply have to back down.

Jean-Claude Juncker, :- Brexit must be a form of “punishment” for deserters.

Rob these are not comments made by friends and Allies . We are at a table with us on one side and THEY are on the other .

Plain and simple it makes it us and them
Are you honestly surprised that this sort of rhetoric exists between the Europeans and the UK. It is a divorce in every sense of the word after all.

And it was the brexiteers who said the Europeans would back down and offer us a deal with bells and whistles. That's not happened has it?

I'm still waiting for you to explain to me what the big deal is about European Tax harmonisation. What effect it has on you and this country. There's no point in quoting articles if you can't articulate your opinion.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:16 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47028748

any Brexiteer that reads this and then at the end of it still thinks that a no deal Brexit is a good idea is either stupid or illiterate.
and if you keep on and on shouting Project Fear, then you just show yourself up to be a simpleton. You cannot keep on arguing against reality.
:shock: :shock: 5804 comments within 4 hours of posting, makes this thread pretty skimpy really :lol: :lol:

Would have thought though that empty McDonalds for a few weeks would not be as bad a thing as all that. Whats the obesity rates in the UK :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

so lets get this right - Theresa May has won some vote which allows her to take a new plan to Brussels which they will reject.
so she has to come back to Parliament to ask the MPs to vote for her original plan again which they will reject. :rubchin:

and there is no majority in Parliament for a no deal Brexit...so looks like we are staying :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Will be locked on 32nd March 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:11 am
so lets get this right - Theresa May has won some vote which allows her to take a new plan to Brussels which they will reject.
so she has to come back to Parliament to ask the MPs to vote for her original plan again which they will reject. :rubchin:

and there is no majority in Parliament for a no deal Brexit...so looks like we are staying :D
Wasnt it that lady who won a court case to make parliament vote on the final deal? Thanks for the stalemate, love

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:12 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

Wasnt it that lady who won a court case to make parliament vote on the final deal? Thanks for the stalemate, love
It was Gina Miller, and she was right making Parliament vote on the brexit deal. The brexiteers where moaning about not having control of our laws, and being dictated to by the EU. Well they can’t have it both ways. An act of Parliament is required for any deal to be approved in law, the only way that can happen is by an MPs vote.

The stalemate is only a reflection of this division in this country. Not surprising really.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

:lol:

Was up in Dept of the Taoiseach (our prime minister) this morning for an unrelated GDPR meeting and there are literally assclowns running around the hallways in a state of panic. :roll:

Conservative estimate here is your fucking about is gonna cost us at least 50,000 jobs. :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:43 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Was up in Dept of the Taoiseach (our prime minister) this morning for an unrelated GDPR meeting and there are literally assclowns running around the hallways in a state of panic. :roll:

Conservative estimate here is your fucking about is gonna cost us at least 50,000 jobs. :shock:
yeah but we are getting our country back :barscarf: :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I think that I am possibly stepping into your patch. But as a mere wiper blade salesman that ran a wholesale car accessory business the word Tax is quite clear and harmony suggests togetherness . Whether this starts out as corporation only I do not know . The point that I am making is that once the process starts it will progress to every other form of taxation including personal. As I pay tax on my pensions the rate will affect me .Then of course we come to VAT which Icannot see Brussels reducing and should we remain I fear we will be even more of a cash cow than we already are.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

everyone getting their tins in ? :D
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47033151

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Oh well on the bright side your boy got a few minutes in the spotlight as the EU's bitch in a fabricated argument over something which isn't going to happen......Irish backstop. Funny how it's part of the deal but suddenly with a no deal scenario in the offing the EU think they can find a way around it.

You know what really pisses me off about this whole thing....when did it become compulsory for politician wankers to refer to Ireland as.....the island of Ireland all the time. Bunch of wankers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Oh well on the bright side your boy got a few minutes in the spotlight as the EU's bitch in a fabricated argument over something which isn't going to happen......Irish backstop. Funny how it's part of the deal but suddenly with a no deal scenario in the offing the EU think they can find a way around it.

You know what really pisses me off about this whole thing....when did it become compulsory for politician wankers to refer to Ireland as.....the island of Ireland all the time. Bunch of wankers.
Indeed every fucking one of them is a wànker only interested in feathering their own nests. Bunch of cùnts. :censored:

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:44 pm
I think that I am possibly stepping into your patch. But as a mere wiper blade salesman that ran a wholesale car accessory business the word Tax is quite clear and harmony suggests togetherness . Whether this starts out as corporation only I do not know . The point that I am making is that once the process starts it will progress to every other form of taxation including personal. As I pay tax on my pensions the rate will affect me .Then of course we come to VAT which Icannot see Brussels reducing and should we remain I fear we will be even more of a cash cow than we already are.
You're making a lot of assumptions here. If you ran your own business you will understand the difference between Corporation Tax and Income Tax. The first time Corporation tax harmonisation came up within the EU was 2001, they are talking about implementing it this year. I am not convinced that will happen, but we shall see.

With regards to Income Tax and VAT, even if there are ongoing discussions (which there aren't) I would hazard a guess that it would take so long for the 27 countries to agree a uniform tax structure that it wouldn't happen in your lifetime or myne. It's one thing harmonising company tax but another thing merging different income tax structures into one simple easy to comprehend system. Does anyone get how UK income tax is calculated!

I wouldn't start putting your pension under your mattress yet, in anycase you don't pay any NI as a pensioner and you get the first £11,850 tax free. Any private pensions would also have benefited from tax relief on the way in.

Corporation Tax harmonisation will only affect companies that have a global turnover of in excess of $750m or $50m in the EU, so we are hardly talking about high street shops here or small businesses.

One of the main reasons for these proposals is the tech companies who are setting up regional HQs in Ireland (Apple, Google, Facebook) and paying next to no tax within the EU. I mentioned two countries that didn't like these proposals in my last post, not surprisingly one was Ireland the other was Hungary.

Who would be the beneficiaries of a harmonised corporate taxation system? It would be the largest economies, ie Germany, France and yes the UK. By leaving the EU, we can effectively remove ourselves from the list. That's not a reason to object to Brexit though, but nor is saying such things on a forum then admitting that you don't necessarily have the knowledge required to make an informed decision. And there you have brexit in a nutshell.