The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:57 am
"Supercillious blustering braggart."

:lol:
you're gonna kop it now A11M11.
Probably not quite as bad as nutflush did from Herd though.
I know Robbie from a few other forums, and he ain't quite so insulting on them. Must have touched a nerve here I guess.
that's interesting because I don't post on any other football forums :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am
because Leavers just don't have the intelligence to understand it."

Supercillious blustering braggart.
you make my point perfectly :lol: :lol:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:32 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:

I know Robbie from a few other forums, and he ain't quite so insulting on them. Must have touched a nerve here I guess.
not a footy forum chum, far, very far from it. ok :rubchin: :shock:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I know my limitations but having successfully run a busines that enabled me to live a married life , put my son through university , pay for two season tickets at Highbury and now the new place . I get fed up with people telling me that I am an idiot.

When I started out I was told that when you look at a deal don't just look at the first transaction and try to see what it will be like in the future . Don't tie yourself into something which may look good today but in the future may not be as good as you hoped.
That's how I see our relationship with theE.U.
When we joined the EEC on the surface it was a sensible thing to do , trading with your neighbours builds a relationship that is less likely to be disturbed by acrimony . However that's all it needed to be . As time has gone on it has like Topsy , growed and growed and growed . It has morphed into something totally unsavoury and continues to expand.
I became totally opposed to it when John Major took us into the Maastricht treaty ,looking forward it became obvious that the course the E.U was setting would not be good for the U.K in the long run if you valued our sovereignty and believed in the right to elect our government to have control over ourselves.
This has proven to be the case , slowly but surely we have been tied in and lost control of our judiciary and furthermore we have a large bill to pay for access to the so called free market which is an oxymoron in itself.
We have retained the ability so far to control our currency however the Lisbon treaty states quite clearly that by 2020 all member states will be required to join the Euro and all new states must join by 2022. Losing our currency and with it the ability to regulate will badly effect our ability to act as a global trading entity . Not a good idea !
The E.U is about intergration it's about control , it's about expansion it's a bit like a pyramid scheme now looking to the Balkans where of course there are no nett contributors meaning that for the access to their markets the contributors will foot the bill for their infrastructure and no doubt more of our manufacturing jobs will leave to boost the prospects in those countries ,losing jobs in the u.k.
I could go on but frequently I have put up reasons for getting out , I can't remember anyone saying the reasons why we should stay. Maintaining the staus quo is not an option because the union is not a static entity . Look to where it is leading and ask yourself if that's where you want to go.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

well i post on a horse racing forum but that's it as far as i am aware :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

BTW that's you I am talking about.

The Arsenal Way

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:24 pm
I know my limitations but having successfully run a busines that enabled me to live a married life , put my son through university , pay for two season tickets at Highbury and now the new place . I get fed up with people telling me that I am an idiot.

When I started out I was told that when you look at a deal don't just look at the first transaction and try to see what it will be like in the future . Don't tie yourself into something which may look good today but in the future may not be as good as you hoped.
When we joined the EEC on the surface it was a sensible thing to do , trading with your neighbours builds a relationship that is less likely to be disturbed by acrimony . However that's all it needed to be . As time has gone on it has like Topsy , growed and growed and growed . It has morphed into something totally unsavoury and continues to expand.
I became totally opposed to it when John Major took us into the Maastricht treaty ,looking forward it became obvious that the course the E.U was setting would not be good for the U.K in the long run if you valued our sovereignty and believed in the right to elect our government to have control over ourselves.
This has proven to be the case , slowly but surely we have been tied in and lost control of our judiciary and furthermore we have a large bill to pay for access to the so called free market which is an oxymoron in itself.
We have retained the ability so far to control our currency however the Lisbon treaty states quite clearly that by 2020 all member states will be required to join the Euro and all new states must join by 2022. Losing our currency and with it the ability to regulate will badly effect our ability to act as a global trading entity . Not a good idea !
The E.U is about intergration it's about control , it's about expansion it's a bit like a pyramid scheme now looking to the Balkans where of course there are no nett contributors meaning that for the access to their markets the contributors will foot the bill for their infrastructure and no doubt more of our manufacturing jobs will leave to boost the prospects in those countries ,losing jobs in the u.k.
I could go on but frequently I have put up reasons for getting out , I can't remember anyone saying the reasons why we should stay. Maintaining the staus quo is not an option because the union is not a static entity . Look to where it is leading and ask yourself if that's where you want to go.
1973 is when we joined the EEC? 45 years ago? It made sense then. We were not aware that it would become this unelected behemoth.
Lisbon Treaty? Refer to Ireland and it's referendum. Vote as much as you like, until the correct vote is returned.
I had Belgian/French friends back in the early 00's berating me for US not being part of THEIR Euro currency.
Rob (Robbie) and nutflush superbanker....want to not acknowledge the history of UK and why we are where we are.......it's despite Macron, Juncker, Merkel, et al

cupid stunts, one and all

The Arsenal Way

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

nah. far from it mate.
but even as we disagree and name call on here. I would never call you out pal.
so relax.
No one will ever know that you love to open your home to stray cats.....okay.
:D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:24 pm

when I was saying that Leavers wouldn't understand a 2nd referendum I was meaning in general, I appreciate that there are some leavers like yourself who are more clued up on things.

I just don't understand why you are so scared of being in the EU ?
it has provided great benefits and stability to the UK. Yes it is certainly not perfect, but the point is it is much better than leaving it!
You say you are cautious and try to look at things in the future - well try looking at a UK outside the EU struggling to pick up trade deals, not having any money to fund a crumbling NHS and seeing the break up of Great Britain.

Regarding the euro again you are panicking as usual.
European Commission - Statement
Juncker: ‘I don't intend to force countries to join the euro if they are not willing or not able to do so'
Brussels, 15 September 2017

Jean-Claude Juncker, the President of the European Commission, defended his proposal to expand the euro area. All EU Member States should have the possibility – as required by the EU Treaties – to introduce the euro, but no one would be forced to do so

Regarding jobs - well I give up at this point but surely you must accept that we will have more jobs if we stay in the EU ??

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

nah. far from it mate.
so relax.
Nope you lost me now.
Sun been getting to you down under has it ? :roll:

The Arsenal Way

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:01 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

nah. far from it mate.
so relax.
Nope you lost me now.
yup. the sun has been getting to me mate.....and all over too
a clue for you....ok

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Stray cats ? Persians perhaps :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:08 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:01 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

nah. far from it mate.
so relax.
Nope you lost me now.
yup. the sun has been getting to me mate.....and all over too
a clue for you....ok
clue for you is that I only post under Rob on here :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The Backstop should be renamed to the Buttplug, and all feckin remoaners should place one up their arse holes!... :lol: