The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:05 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:40 pm
Which ever you believe or not the amount we put in is more than we take out , So purely for a financial perspective it's not in our interest . It's like us two meeting up and I say give me a tenner and I will give you 4.50 back but i will let you buy things from me at a discount albeit that i am still making a fat profit.
BUT...

there are likely to not be so many jobs
the value of the pound is likely to continue to decrease, so whatever you spend costs more in real terms
the NHS is likely to crumble
you will need to pay everytime you visit the EU
data roaming charges will be reintroduced
food will cost more

I could probably go on...
Rob if you can’t afford the €10 visa fee to go to Europe, it’s probably for the best that you don’t go at all. :box:
There were reports that it would be a 3 year visa , so approx £3.30 a year......fuck that, I’m going to do the Caribbean instead - how long will Greece, Spain, Portugal’s economy last without the spending power of the British tourists ?

By the way in rural places like Suffolk and Norfolk we actually grow food and raise animals to eat, we’ll be okay 🐄🐖🐑🐓😘

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We used to catch fish as well. Still there's always Cromer crabs.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:52 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
Which ever you believe or not the amount we put in is more than we take out , So purely for a financial perspective it's not in our interest . It's like us two meeting up and I say give me a tenner and I will give you 4.50 back but i will let you buy things from me at a discount albeit that i am still making a fat profit.
BUT...

the value of the pound is likely to continue to decrease, so whatever you spend costs more in real terms
food will cost more

Rob if you can’t afford the €10 visa fee to go to Europe, it’s probably for the best that you don’t go at all. :box:
There were reports that it would be a 3 year visa , so approx £3.30 a year......fuck that, I’m going to do the Caribbean instead - how long will Greece, Spain, Portugal’s economy last without the spending power of the British tourists ?

By the way in rural places like Suffolk and Norfolk we actually grow food and raise animals to eat, we’ll be okay 🐄🐖🐑🐓😘
you actually posted something about Brexit DURING a North London Derby ? :roll: :oops: :oops:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Lots of things were said by lots of different people before the referendum.
however on 23rd June we were all asked the same question - whether we wanted to remain in or leave the EU.

Theresa May has fulfilled her obligation, it is disgusting to say she has lied to the people and Parliament.
However now that you see what Brexit looks like and you realise after all that you don't like it, then you too maybe want another referendum ?

I accept your view that you think the EU is fucked but I don't see any signs of this.
!

If anything they are stronger now that we have decided to leave. No other country is going to be as stupid as ours.
I think it;s disgusting that Theresa May has conspired against her own country for her own political survival !
You don't see any sign of the Eu being fucked because you refuse to look and are brainwashed .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Lots of things were said by lots of different people before the referendum.
however on 23rd June we were all asked the same question - whether we wanted to remain in or leave the EU.

Theresa May has fulfilled her obligation, it is disgusting to say she has lied to the people and Parliament.
However now that you see what Brexit looks like and you realise after all that you don't like it, then you too maybe want another referendum ?

I accept your view that you think the EU is fucked but I don't see any signs of this.
!

If anything they are stronger now that we have decided to leave. No other country is going to be as stupid as ours.
I think it;s disgusting that Theresa May has conspired against her own country for her own political survival !
You don't see any sign of the Eu being fucked because you refuse to look and are brainwashed .
No I have not been brainwashed. It is fairly obvious that the other 27 EU states are remaining a very solid block.
You must be very disappointed.

1. the euro is a lot stronger than it used to be against the pound
2. no other country has held a referendum on wanting to leave the EU
3. Brexit has boosted popular support for the EU. a Eurobarometer survery in October showed that 68% of respondents feel their country benefits from EU membership, the highest level since 1983.
4. the survey also revealed that 66% - a majority in every state would vote to remain in any exit referendum.

What a shame that the UK is so full of stubborn, insular, ignorant idiots

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

One has to ask quite where these surveys are taken . Certainly not in my local pub or even on my phone .I don't know anyone that has been polled or has changed their mind . There are many that see through M rs May's backdoor brexit and want to change her deal but not the outcome .

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 am
StuartL wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:52 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
BUT...

food will cost more

you actually posted something about Brexit DURING a North London Derby ? :roll: :oops: :oops:
Yep I refuse to have sky and watching teletext has lost its appeal to me

Herd

Post by Herd »

No I have not been brainwashed. It is fairly obvious that the other 27 EU states are remaining a very solid block.

3. Brexit has boosted popular support for the EU. a Eurobarometer survery in October showed that 68% of respondents feel their country benefits from EU membership, the highest level since 1983.
4. the survey also revealed that 66% - a majority in every state would vote to remain in any exit referendum.

1. So what the Banks have been deliberately selling down the pound because they are the driving force behind the remoaner cause.
2. Irrelavant
3. Lies damm lies and statistics
4. ditto

Actually your right on one point Rob ,of course ,it's not possible for you to be brainwashed, is it ,how silly of me .
As for bieng insular I can promise you I've been to for more countries than you can probably name ,I love Europe I want to part of it but not this federalist ever expanding juggernaught that is the EU .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:32 pm

1. So what the Banks have been deliberately selling down the pound because they are the driving force behind the remoaner cause.
2. Irrelavant
4. ditto

Actually your right on one point Rob ,of course ,it's not possible for you to be brainwashed, is it ,how silly of me .
As for bieng insular I can promise you I've been to for more countries than you can probably name ,I love Europe I want to part of it but not this federalist ever expanding juggernaught that is the EU .
I wasn't actually meaning you as being insular, it was more of a general comment this time.
I was right on the stubborness though, so probably no point saying too much more on the issue for now, and concentrate on the football again.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It's abit like saying I didn't call you nebulous just the situation you are in . :D

augie

Post by augie »

At this stage now I just wish it was all done one way or the other - I'm sick of hearing/reading speculation of how Brexit will affect the uk and how it will affect Ireland, so I just want it to get here already so that we can all deal with actual facts instead of pure speculation from everybody :roll: :banghead:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:32 pm

2. Irrelavant
4. ditto

Herd, you claim to have studied Economics and yet when I read the first answer above I find it hard to see what economic theories that you have analysed, which bring you to the conclusion that banks deliberately depress the value of the pound to force through a political agenda. What exactly did you study, I am curious to know.

I do accept market manipulation exists, and yes there have been many examples in the past of rogue traders using insider information to make themselves a lot of money. However, when we are talking about currencies its totally different gravy. In recent history there has only been one financier George Soros who used the ERM to short the pound and make himself a few billion quid in the process. And he wasn't manipulating markets, he made a bet and got it right ie shorting the pound.

With regards to the forex market today, the pound is free floating, its not open to manipulation by banks or any other institutions. It's value is a barometer on the overall health of our economy. It's fact things haven't been great since the referendum, and that's why the pound is weaker. You can blame the banks for a lot of things, but making cliche'd remarks just to serve a leave agenda really doesn't prove anything.

Stephen Fry made this great video about the propaganda fed to the country by vote leave. So many people have fallen for the rubbish Farage, Johnson and Rees Mogg have come out with over the last 3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYonSZ8s3_o

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I always find it disappointing when actors/pop stars/footballers step into the political mainstream and use their celebrity to try and influence their public . Fry is a satirical comic certainly more intelligent than say Izzard or Lineker but effectively an actor.
One thing that I can agree with him though is not to trust what you read in the papers or hear in the media. This of course works both ways , If we are not to believe the reported utterances of the leave campaign , why should we believe that of those that support remain ?
It seems to me that one of the main problems that the remain side has had throughout the whole sorry saga is that they have tried consistently to deride and destroy the beliefs of those that oppose them. However They don't tell me the benefits of staying , just the detriments of leaving and as I said earlier WHY should I believe them ?
Many of the forecasts have been proven wrong . They got the pound falling right YAY ! but armageddon hasn't happened and the sky tends to be where it usually is if you can see it through the rotten weather we are experiencing.
Much of the problem is not the status quo but the non reporting of what is about to happen should we remain. Perhaps this is the reason for their silence on this matter . Could it be that "" They don't want us to know ".

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:13 am
I always find it disappointing when actors/pop stars/footballers step into the political mainstream and use their celebrity to try and influence their public . Fry is a satirical comic certainly more intelligent than say Izzard or Lineker but effectively an actor.
One thing that I can agree with him though is not to trust what you read in the papers or hear in the media. This of course works both ways , If we are not to believe the reported utterances of the leave campaign , why should we believe that of those that support remain ?
It seems to me that one of the main problems that the remain side has had throughout the whole sorry saga is that they have tried consistently to deride and destroy the beliefs of those that oppose them. However They don't tell me the benefits of staying , just the detriments of leaving and as I said earlier WHY should I believe them ?
Many of the forecasts have been proven wrong . They got the pound falling right YAY ! but armageddon hasn't happened and the sky tends to be where it usually is if you can see it through the rotten weather we are experiencing.
Much of the problem is not the status quo but the non reporting of what is about to happen should we remain. Perhaps this is the reason for their silence on this matter . Could it be that "" They don't want us to know ".
Yet you don't have a problem reading material/propaganda produced by the Russians. ;)

The video is very well put together with facts, not conspiracies such as those produced on neon nettle. The narrator is irrelevant.

Merry xmas

:D :D :D :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Morning Nutty , You believe what you wish and I will believe what I do !

Have a good Christmas and lets get Brighton and Liverpool out of the way and see if there are any presents coming our way after Kings.