Hillborough inquest...jury out

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Nos89

Hillborough inquest...jury out

Post by Nos89 »

Think this is being a bit stage managed for what might be a controversial decision to coincide with the 27th anniversary of the disaster. Those 10 jurors could either put the police in a whole load of trouble or condemn the people of Liverpool. This may cause riots whatever the outcome.

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Hillborough inquest...jury out

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

They've all got off to sign on. That or sing songs about Munich to Man Utd fans but probably not to think about the blame for Heysel.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

One juror has sat through all those months of evidence only to be excused today for medical reasons. Only nine now.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Don't want to sound disrespectful but how much longer has this to go on ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Don't want to sound disrespectful but how much longer has this to go on ?
Basically until the Police and The Sun newspaper are found guilty of murdering any Liverpool fan that died ever, and all Liverpool fans are found not guilty of any crime anywhere at any time. :roll: :x

And I mean no disrespect to the 96 that died horribly that day, who were mostly (if not all) fans that turned up on time with tickets. :(

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Don't want to sound disrespectful but how much longer has this to go on ?
Basically until the Police and The Sun newspaper are found guilty of murdering any Liverpool fan that died ever, and all Liverpool fans are found not guilty of any crime anywhere at any time. :roll: :x

And I mean no disrespect to the 96 that died horribly that day, who were mostly (if not all) fans that turned up on time with tickets. :(
Absolutely correct DB10. I am also looking forward to their demands for an inquiry into what happened at Heysel!

shu

Post by shu »

I remember watching Heysel thta night , the Liverpool fans were a disgrace .

I also remember them turning up late at Highbury and i think emirates late and mob handed steaming the turnstiles !!!!!!! Makes you wonder doesnt it .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

shu wrote:I remember watching Heysel thta night , the Liverpool fans were a disgrace .

I also remember them turning up late at Highbury and i think emirates late and mob handed steaming the turnstiles !!!!!!! Makes you wonder doesnt it .
A work colleague of mine saw first hand how the mouser "fans" carried on in Athens, mugging their fellow fans (including women and children) for tickets and charging the turnstiles without tickets. He is lifelong Mouser ST holder and hasn't been to see them since.

Conservative Police and UEFA estimates were that at least 5000 Liverpool fans without tickets got into the stadium. After the tragedy of Hillsborough (and the resultant high profile Liverpool victim complex) you'd imagine the last fans in the world to risk a repeat of that would be the Liverpool fans. Scumbags.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

A year after Heysel the film and pictures of Liverpool and Everton fans climbing the walls at Wembley to get in free to the FA Cup Final were used as a barometer of the passion of the Scourers.. Praising irresponsible actions that in time at another venue would lead to the deaths of so many of their own..
I genuinely have sympathy for those who died and their families.. But the lack of responsibility from them over the Heysel tragedy diminished any sympathy towards the club and the fans as a collective.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Horrific situation and dreadful cover-up but at some point this has to stop. Nothing will ever be enough for all of these campaigners and the media will keep egging them on. We're still going to be reading about demands for inquests, prosecutions, disclosure etc 15 years down the line.

Heysel - one of the darkest moments connected with English football - has been completely whitewashed from history. Surprised that they haven't started a campaign yet against those nasty Belgian builders who jeopardised the lives of good honest Scousers with their shoddy craftsmanship.

CL final a decade ago was exactly the same and again whitewashed

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

northbank123 wrote:Horrific situation and dreadful cover-up but at some point this has to stop. Nothing will ever be enough for all of these campaigners and the media will keep egging them on. We're still going to be reading about demands for inquests, prosecutions, disclosure etc 15 years down the line.

Heysel - one of the darkest moments connected with English football - has been completely whitewashed from history. Surprised that they haven't started a campaign yet against those nasty Belgian builders who jeopardised the lives of good honest Scousers with their shoddy craftsmanship.

CL final a decade ago was exactly the same and again whitewashed
Funny you should mention this as it is one of the questions the jury have been asked to decide on if the Hillsborough ground was built to regulations of the time.
I'd like to know why haven't Juventus fans taken the Heysel tragedy to court to be thoroughly investigated in the same way the Liverpool supporters have taken the Hillsborough tragedy to court?

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

They did another minutes silence at anfield, followed by another "service of remembrance" the following day. While I totally feel for the families who lost loved ones, and respect THEIR right to remember, I would put money on the fact that there were Bindippers at both of those events who contributed to the tragedy by "steaming" the gate that was opened as they had no tickets. I hope that THEIR consciences didn't trouble them too much as they stood there,then chanted about justice. :evil:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Decision is now in to the 3 crucial questions
Q.5 there were errors by commanding officers in opening up the exit gates
Q.6 the 96 were unlawfully killed
Q.8 Liverpool supporters did not behave in an illegal, drunken manner that contributed to the death of the 96 people.

Make of that what you will.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36138337

To be honest. Sick of hearing about this. Now what?. A witch hunt of all the coppers and officials involved, again! To say fans didnt contribute to this is bollocks, with all respect to those who died. Maybe the victims at heysel will get justice one day.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Big screens erected in Liverpool, camera crews on stand-by. There was no way in a million years that the North-West based jury was ever going to do anything other than give the locals what they wanted. There would have been riots on the streets if they hadn't got what they wanted. Still seems remarkable to me that nobody asked whether the events of Heysel may have contributed to the way in which the police handled Liverpool supporters.