Hillborough inquest...jury out

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Herd

Re: Hillborough inquest...jury out

Post by Herd »

U must have arrived later , when it happened there was no ambulance and the cops were hitting people trying to help him by supporting his legs as he was slipping , he lost a lot of blood , I think they cut him out eventually !
Amazingly he was out of hospital and in the pub next day !

I was at the Arsenal end where the French CRm were their normal arsehole selves but we moved round to the side and got in quickly ,my son got in on a fake and as I said there were thousands in there without tickets !

I did see a tout get robbed and Im OK with that too but il agree we dont go round robbing each other ,however I have no evidence that Liverpool were doing this either !

Im not a scouse apologist and realise full well what they are capable of but the reason the have been banging on for 25 years is that they were denied Justice for this time I adnmiore the spirit of the families of the 96 !

Im also fully aware of their selective amnesia when it comes to their culpability for Heisel !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:U must have arrived later , when it happened there was no ambulance and the cops were hitting people trying to help him by supporting his legs as he was slipping , he lost a lot of blood , I think they cut him out eventually !

I was at the Arsenal end where the French CRm were their normal arsehole selves but we moved round to the side and got in quickly ,my son got in on a fake and as I said there were thousands in there without tickets !

I did see a tout get robbed and Im OK with that too but il agree we dont go round robbing each other ,however I have no evidence that Liverpool were doing this either !

Im not a scouse apologist and realise full well what they are capable of but the reason the have been banging on for 25 years is that they were denied Justice for this time I adnmiore the spirit of the families of the 96 !

Im also fully aware of their selective amnesia when it comes to their culpability for Heisel !

Fair points, mate. I'd say for me the families and their tragically killed loved ones are a separate issue to the fans that turned up late without tickets and pushed in - and still do in huge numbers to this day. I have nothing but sympathy for the fans that were killed at Hillsborough and their families - nobody should die at a football match.

What bugs me is this flat refusal by Liverpool fans to accept any responsibility for what happened and the legal and media whitewash of their culpability because the truth is distasteful. I would bet my bottom dollar there are a number of Liverpool fans that have harped on about Hillsborough for 25 years and were probably there without a ticket on the day.

As for robbing each other, I worked for 10 years with a Mouser ST holder and he was in Athens and saw first hand Liverpool fans mugging each other for tickets, hitting women and kids to get their tickets, and kicking and punching their way through the turnstiles. He said they were like animals. He was sickened by his fellow "fans" and has never been since. Every club has it's mongs, (an Oirish mate once got asked in the Tavern what the fuck he was doing supporting Arsenal - by a cúnt with a big fat old Geordie accent) but Liverpool seem cursed with a sizable chunk of really cunty fans.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:U must have arrived later , when it happened there was no ambulance and the cops were hitting people trying to help him by supporting his legs as he was slipping , he lost a lot of blood , I think they cut him out eventually !

When you say "CRm" do you mean "CRs" the French riot cops? We had a great laugh with a bunch of them outside the Omnibus Café in Pigalle the afternoon of the match. Very relaxed, good craic. Once they saw we were not trouble they put the shields down and chatted with us about football.

Have to admit the CRs out at the stadium were a lot less friendly and looked like they'd loved to have got stuck in. :|