Hillborough inquest...jury out

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
flash gunner

Re: Hillborough inquest...jury out

Post by flash gunner »

I hope they get the compensation they have been after and its the last time we hear about this.

Any football fan who went in the 80's knows the truth about Hillsborough and who's to blame

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Some families asking for the current Chief Constable of South Yorks to resign..Why??? WTF has it got to fo with him. 27 years have passed. Some muppet reporter just said as the Chief finished his press admission. " there are some calls for the South Yorkshire Police to be disbanded" WTF? Are these twat reporters for real. Yeah lets disband one of the biggest forces in the country. I said there would be a witch hunt. :censored:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

They have the decision that they wanted . Now they want their pound of flesh.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I can see this still going on in another 27 years. Now, we'll get South Yorkshire police and Sheffield Wednesday appealing and the Scousers moaning again. It's taken 27 years to get what you wanted, now let's all move on. Just like the families of people from Bradford, Rangers and Juventus have had to.

shu

Post by shu »

I know it has been a long time but most people blame it on 100's of fans , ticketless turning up late and trying to force entry , the police then having to make a decision which caused a flood of people and ultimately a crush.

Can some one please educate me on where i am wrong ?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I used to be a regular on goonersweb that was run by a folicly challenged bloke called letters (WWTL@WHL) or something like that. I didn't know what he looked like until he posted his picture on the forum.

It turned out he was the same gormless prick that sat behind me in the north upper at Highbury talking utter shite every game for the best part of a decade. Needless to say whenever Hillsboro used to come up, the regulars including letters would cream themselves over a Liverpool fan who whilst he wasn't alive when the disaster happened took time out to read all of the reports issued after the several inquiries that have taken place since. Of course perish the thought at mentioning that the disaster was in part caused by drunkard scousers turning up late and trying to force their way into the stadium. Cue me thinking fuck this im offski cba with all these twats that have never stood on a terrace and don't know what its like.

Hearing some of the stuff on this thread gives me faith that there are football fans that know the truth. The Scousers have never said anything about the Juventus fans they killed, but have we ever had an enquiry to bring the culprits to justice. There are hundreds of families in Turin that have had to live with similar grief to the "96" yet the media just doesn't seem interested.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

After over two and a half decades I hope for everybody's sake that this can bring the constant demands for justice to an end. Nothing will ever bring back 96 lives but they had their day in court and heard what they wanted.

I think we all know that won't be the case.

As well as demands for compensation there will be cries for numerous prosecutions - good luck finding a court in the north west especially who would agree anybody would get a fair trial there. I don't doubt they'd find substantiating a criminal prosecution far harder than getting the answers they want from a one-sided inquest where nobody is really willing to oppose the highly emotive and popular campaign.

The real shame is how disassociated the campaigning has become from actually obtaining some form of justice for the dead. It is now far more about justice for Liverpool FC, justice for the city and smearing as many individuals and organisations as can possibly be blamed in any way.

When I read the BBC article they said the jury found Liverpool fans behaviour at the turnstiles didn't contribute in any way. Whereas the pair above suggests the question related solely to be illegal or unlawful conduct contributing - two massively different standards.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

It seems clear that the FA, Sheffield Wednesday and the police were negligent, and in some situations fucked up royally, but how it could be found (only by majority verdict, I believe) that the hundreds/thousands of fans trying to force their way into the ground had no effect is baffling.

If they really want justice then they should be dignified; stop now, let the dead rest in piece and get on with their lives.

However, with 'compo' in the millions on offer I sadly suspect that the saga will continue.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:It seems clear that the FA, Sheffield Wednesday and the police were negligent, and in some situations fucked up royally, but how it could be found (only by majority verdict, I believe) that the hundreds/thousands of fans trying to force their way into the ground had no effect is baffling.

If they really want justice then they should be dignified; stop now, let the dead rest in piece and get on with their lives.

However, with 'compo' in the millions on offer I sadly suspect that the saga will continue.
My feelings exactly. No doubt about it, it was horrific for those who were trapped and for the families after, but you only have to look at the number outside to know that a disaster was imminent. The Police shouldn't have opened the gate and worse still lie about it, but what other disaster would have occurred outside?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

GranadaJoe wrote:It seems clear that the FA, Sheffield Wednesday and the police were negligent, and in some situations fucked up royally, but how it could be found (only by majority verdict, I believe) that the hundreds/thousands of fans trying to force their way into the ground had no effect is baffling.

Agree with you 100%...Another question posed in an earlier post is were the police action influenced by Heysel? Good point, I know that the regard for football fans by authorities was non existent at the time so maybe Heysel wasn't the main issue.
I am glad for the families but it isn't over.. Sadly it isn't near over yet

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0.

It wasn't as if it had never happened before. The ground should never have been used in the first place but who was it on the F.A that got Wednesday the annual handout.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The Times had to admit "making s mistake" by not covering the Inquest on their front page..Calls for You'll Never Walk Alone to be played at all games this weekend... Don't accuse me of being disrespectful please but this is going to go on forever.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:The Times had to admit "making s mistake" by not covering the Inquest on their front page..Calls for You'll Never Walk Alone to be played at all games this weekend... Don't accuse me of being disrespectful please but this is going to go on forever.
I agree.

FFS. :x Why should that song be played anywhere but at Anfield? :roll: What next? Should it be played before every game everywhere for eternity? Should every team now get a little black Liverbird sown into the sleeve of their jerseys? :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:The Times had to admit "making s mistake" by not covering the Inquest on their front page..Calls for You'll Never Walk Alone to be played at all games this weekend... Don't accuse me of being disrespectful please but this is going to go on forever.
I agree.

FFS. :x Why should that song be played anywhere but at Anfield? :roll: What next? Should it be played before every game everywhere for eternity? Should every team now get a little black Liverbird sown into the sleeve of their jerseys? :roll:

Oh, for fuck's sake. Yeah and I want them to play a Juventus song the week after. How, in any way are the rest of us getting dragged into this. Honest to God, there have been far worse things going on in the world over the last 27 years that didn't make a front page of a fucking newspaper. Did The Times put the Rwandan genocide on its front page ever single fucking day? This mafia-like witch hunt has to end. Someone at the FA needs to come out and say that they understand the feelings involved, however there are 91 other league teams and other disasters have happened at football and it's time to deal with this in a private manner. How much longer is this going to rumble on and why in God's name are the mass media so subservient to the families?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

There is a bigger game at play here and it is the deconstruction of the establishment as it was in the post war years. From phone hacking, WMD, paedophile rings, Hillsborough is just another part of how those in power have covered up a multitude of their sins.

The way the Police failed to manage the crowds that day would have led to the deaths of whichever supporters were going through to those Leppings Lane pens. If Arsenal had got there then there would have been Arsenal fans crushed to death that day. I'm sure there are people on here who went to games during late 70's and 80's that were involved in big crowds being squeezed into fenced in areas. Those naïve to believe that Arsenal supporters always turned up at big matches sober, in time and in an orderly fashion, patiently queued and did not rush to the turnstiles 15 minutes before kick off have clearly never been to a football match in the '80's.

One of the points being missed is that whichever big club, with a large travelling support base been involved in that semi final on that day, other than Liverpool, the fans would have been victims that day. It nearly happened in 1981 with Tottenham fans, and there is video evidence to support this. It was inevitable a tragedy on that scale was going to happen at a football match, however, it needed all the catastrophic failures that happened that day, to occur.

Just ask yourselves, given all the evidence, had this happened to your fellow Arsenal supporting friends and family would you not have fought for justice?

Justice for the 96 has finally seen the light of day. I hope they can now rest in peace.