Joshua wins HW title/other boxing shit

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Joshua wins HW title/other boxing shit

Post by officepest »

Anthony Joshua becomes Britain's latest boxing champion.

It took Joshua a round-and-a-half to take Charles Martin’s IBF strap in an impressive display of power punching last night at the O2. He was all over his southpaw opponent from the first bell and dropped him in the second with a vicious right counter from which Martin, making his first defence of the title, struggled to get up from. Joshua then repeated the trick and Martin tried to be clever and get up right on the 10 count but the ref waved it off.

I had worries that Joshua is over-muscled and lacked any sort of jab but he is so powerful it hasn’t mattered yet. No doubt he’ll be looking at Tyson Fuckmong next (provided the latter defeats Klitschko in their rematch), or David Haye, but I’d prefer it if he went after Deontay Wilder, see who really hits hardest in the Heavyweight division.

Congratulations to yet another domestic fighter who now owns a legitimate belt. Commiserations to Martin who becomes the second shortest reigning HW champ; with only Tony Tucker reigning for less time after Tucker, also in his first defence, was sparked by Tyson.

flash gunner

Re: Joshua wins HW title/other boxing shit

Post by flash gunner »

Don't want to be a smart arse but Tucker wasn't sparked by Tyson, Tyson won on points

Well done AJ :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Very impressive performance. Would have been easy for him to spend another year or two rolling over far weaker opponents to build up his record and experience but he took a chance, fair play to him.

Tyson Fury has some amusing moments (singing Aerosmith in the ring after beating Klitschko) but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see Joshua give him a pasting. Hope he doesn't end up wasting his time fighting David Haye.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Charles Martin what a joke and one of the worse heavyweight Champions ever. The IBF championship must be a fucking poor division. Just has well bung James Martin from that crap Saturday morning cooking show in against Joshua.

Martin offered fuck all, and was such an easy target for Joshua. Lumbering forward with no movement. Just amount of time before he got tagged. Sat on his fat arse looking bewildered.

No doubt Joshua is a very good heavyweight has the potential to go all the way and win everything. Very hard hitting puncher. But Dillan Whyte showed he can be suspect to smack and had jelly legs for a few seconds. Like everyone else i hope he fights that loud mouth buffoon Fury and knocks him spark out.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

flash gunner wrote:Don't want to be a smart arse but Tucker wasn't sparked by Tyson, Tyson won on points

Well done AJ :barscarf:
:oops:

Whoops.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anthony Joshua seems like a decent young bloke - Balanced , Humble and very determined...who doesn't bother getting into the slagging and sledging - He does all his talking in the ring.

This is a good BBC 30 minute programme on him leading up to his fight with Martin Groves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... the-making

At some point (If he continues to be successful) he will most likely fight tyson fury - I hope he destroys fury who is an ignorant crunt.