Arsenal internet star Claude/Claudio Callegari missing with police 'extremely concerned'

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
brucegrove

Re: Arsenal internet star Claude/Claudio Callegari missing with police 'extremely concerned'

Post by brucegrove »

[quote="

Here is the link. There is an online petition to sign for him to get his season ticket back. Maybe someone who knows him better might have more info[/quote]

Thanks for posting the link. That is absolutely fucking outrageous. I can't even imagine what the small print grounds are for Arsenal doing this, off the top of my head i recall Claude mostly using AW's age as the reason he should step down at the same time as praising his earlier achievements..hardly abuse. For the first time in my life (45yrs old) last season i began to feel a real disconnect with Arsenal/football in general and something like this just pushes me further away.

Redarmy

Re: Arsenal internet star Claude/Claudio Callegari missing with police 'extremely concerned'

Post by Redarmy »

brucegrove wrote:[quote="

Here is the link. There is an online petition to sign for him to get his season ticket back. Maybe someone who knows him better might have more info
Thanks for posting the link. That is absolutely fucking outrageous. I can't even imagine what the small print grounds are for Arsenal doing this, off the top of my head i recall Claude mostly using AW's age as the reason he should step down at the same time as praising his earlier achievements..hardly abuse. For the first time in my life (45yrs old) last season i began to feel a real disconnect with Arsenal/football in general and something like this just pushes me further away.[/quote]

This really is incredible, the Arsenal is his life, goes home and away every week, that is criminal to take it away for expressing his honest opinions
never thought i would see the day when The Arsenal stooped so low.....

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I should imagine it was a stadium ban that probably made Claude go AWOL. You can see he bleeds Arsenal and this must be a devastating blow to him. I genuinely think he isn't attention seeking.

So this is what Arsenal have come to. Monitoring the behaviour of Arsenal fans at away games and anyone who dares question the regime is discarded. Shades of North Korea.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

When you have a dictator, this is what happens. How the hell did Wonga get so much power? It's criminal, actually criminal!! :banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Just because someone has posted a petition doesn't mean it is fact. There was a post a month ago saying people with banners would be banned yet I still have a season ticket for next season.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I wish someone would fucking ban Walcott and Wanker from the ground.

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
brucegrove wrote:[quote="

Here is the link. There is an online petition to sign for him to get his season ticket back. Maybe someone who knows him better might have more info
Thanks for posting the link. That is absolutely fucking outrageous. I can't even imagine what the small print grounds are for Arsenal doing this, off the top of my head i recall Claude mostly using AW's age as the reason he should step down at the same time as praising his earlier achievements..hardly abuse. For the first time in my life (45yrs old) last season i began to feel a real disconnect with Arsenal/football in general and something like this just pushes me further away.

This really is incredible, the Arsenal is his life, goes home and away every week, that is criminal to take it away for expressing his honest opinions
never thought i would see the day when The Arsenal stooped so low.....[/quote]

I actually think that suing a Spanish hat shop lady owner was the real low point :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I'm not a fan of him or that silly show, still not even sure why this has made a national paper but if that petition is true it's disgusting from the club.

Not see it mentioned anywhere other than here though and I'm on twitter a fair bit, club are slipping under the radar with it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:I Will Pray For His Safe Keeping.

Or you might consider doing something that is actually useful.
Amen to that.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:I Will Pray For His Safe Keeping.

Or you might consider doing something that is actually useful.
Amen to that.
:lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
brucegrove wrote:
augie wrote:Any truth to the rumour that john cross was last man seen with him ? :wink:

Ok I jest and I shouldn't (but couldn't help myself) - I really hope claude is ok and turns up safely

You really are a prat augue..there must be good reason why 'police officers and his family are extremely concerened'
Alright, mate. Calm down. It was just a bit of banter. He meant no harm. He also said he hopes the guy is ok.
I think you'll find bruce was just being factual :wink:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Gunnersaurus wrote:I'm not a fan of him or that silly show, still not even sure why this has made a national paper but if that petition is true it's disgusting from the club.

Not see it mentioned anywhere other than here though and I'm on twitter a fair bit, club are slipping under the radar with it.
I dont think theres any truth in it at all. From what I gather he cant afford his season ticket. Getting priced out - no different than thousands of gooners.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Maybe but they are not asking for money, just signatures.

Be honest, would anyone be surprised if it was true?

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

armchair wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:I'm not a fan of him or that silly show, still not even sure why this has made a national paper but if that petition is true it's disgusting from the club.

I dont think theres any truth in it at all. From what I gather he cant afford his season ticket. Getting priced out - no different than thousands of gooners.
If he is being priced out maybe Arsenal fan TV should stump up the money for him given the publicity and hits he gives them?

Like the astronomical wages and transfer fees going around and ever increasing despite sponsorship and increasing TV deals still the fans pay far too much for tickets at Arsenal and other clubs,price freeze or not.

Year on year the long term supporters on average incomes are getting increasingly priced out,let alone the thought of taking kids along and that is the way this club and others want it like many here I guess more and more people I know are giving up going,priced out Arsenal and other clubs.YCL fans jumping on the bandwagon of PL football and this club loves it that way,like Utd the Scousers etc,etc.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Claude is back online. Hopefully he gets himself sorted out.