Older programmes

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Kvltman

Older programmes

Post by Kvltman »

Sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum, please move accordingly if so.

I was wondering if anyone might know what a collection of older match day programmes from the 60s through to the 90s might fetch? I have had a trunks worth passed down to me from a family friend and he went to almost every game back then. Amazingly one season 67/68 there is one for each home game played.

I also have programmes from the last game at Highbury and the very first league game at the Emirates, anyone know if they might be worth a good few quid?

I have popped on EBay but not sure if this is the right way to go as the prices seemed a bit crap. Can anyone recommend a website that deals in this kind of thing that they may have used before. Or even if there would be anyone here interested? Thanks

Henry Norris 1913

Re: Older programmes

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

search arsenal programmes in google, there's a site for exchange of all this stuff. i made a couple of purchases for nostalgia sake, and for something to read when i get a bit of time. pretty sure you can sell, just make an account.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I once bought a collection of 1971 programmes from a guy on here, which included all the cup matches inc Final...........

and eventually the title decider away at the Lane for £50.

after a fairly protracted process, which still causes merriment to some :censored:

:lol:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Thank you for the responses, eventually found what appears to be a decent site that goes into quite a lot of detail on each programme, will try my luck on there.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:I once bought a collection of 1971 programmes from a guy on here, which included all the cup matches inc Final...........

and eventually the title decider away at the Lane for £50.

after a fairly protracted process, which still causes merriment to some :censored:

:lol:
:lol: :lol:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Kvltman wrote:Thank you for the responses, eventually found what appears to be a decent site that goes into quite a lot of detail on each programme, will try my luck on there.
Have you a link to the site where you are selling them? Sounds like you have some interesting stuff. Good luck with it.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

armchair wrote:
Kvltman wrote:Thank you for the responses, eventually found what appears to be a decent site that goes into quite a lot of detail on each programme, will try my luck on there.
Have you a link to the site where you are selling them? Sounds like you have some interesting stuff. Good luck with it.
Cheers. There were a couple in the end that looked alright but I decided to go with this one https://www.brentside.co.uk/index.asp made a long list and just sent it to them. Looking for quick sales but not to be mugged off like it would be on Ebay. Plus it would be good to know they are going somewhere that looks after them. I think the most expensive one I have is actually a souvenir programme for the 1966 World Cup, might get a tenner for that.

Having read more apparently some pre war programmes can fetch thousands as they weren't mass produced. If anybody happens to have anything in their possession that was from the 30s or earlier it might be worth checking out how much they are worth.