The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 29201
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:17 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:30 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:56 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:27 am
StuartL wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:57 pm


It struck me as very bizarre at least that stating White Lives Matter on a banner is looked at so differently to Black Lives Matter on the back of players shirts. There were reports that the police were investigating.

To say one is unacceptable and “racist” is surely being discriminatory and therefore “racist” ? The world has gone fucking mad recently, I’m not speaking to anyone in the future in case I offend them.
I find that very offensive, you wont talk to people just in case you offend them therefore taking away both their ability and right to be offended by you...... you fucking 'ist'

You two are clearly displaying signs of free thinking. Can you please stop it and get with the program. The minority gob shite opinion of the twatter brigade is the blue print so please adopt it and think as you're told. Oh, you're just looking for a bit of common sense.....how very dare you, you racist scum.
You do know they are both black don't you Jock!? :|


:D :wink:

:D

Fuck that.....I'm blacker than both of them put together. I'm so offended by everything, I fear I may spontaneously self combust :roll:
Yeah! But I bet my black cat is blacker than yours! :wink:

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4318
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Interestingly for me I hate the term Black and find it offensive, where I grew up calling someone black meant they were filthy, dirty, smelly, didnt wash regularly etc it had nothing to do with skin colour, how times change.... why is their definition more important than mine though?

The problem with modern definitions of racism is it is about the perception of the individual upset by something not whether the perceived insult was even what was meant. The goal posts have moved so far many people dont even know exactly what racism is meant to be these days and it is an absolute minefield, what you say may not even upset one person but deeply offend another.

You cannot expect everyone from all over this country with different slang, colloquialism etc to suddenly change the way they talk for a minority of people who just might be offended because they dont and in some cases, deliberately wont, understand that what they perceive as the meaning may not actually be what is meant. :rubchin:

User avatar
wibble
Posts: 921
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by wibble »

Clash wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:44 pm
For all those who are suddenly ashamed and embarrassed about the past are we allowed to mention that there were a very large number of black slave owners throughout history too? And are we also allowed to talk about the white children who were forced to work down the mines or sweep chimneys etc. ?

Image

Image

White privilege?
Those kids should be ashamed of themselves. Using blackface like that :wink:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48705
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:26 pm
Clash wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:44 pm
For all those who are suddenly ashamed and embarrassed about the past are we allowed to mention that there were a very large number of black slave owners throughout history too? And are we also allowed to talk about the white children who were forced to work down the mines or sweep chimneys etc. ?

Image

Image

White privilege?
Clash, don’t mate, DB10 can still fit up a chimney- might bring back bad memories
I'm not sure you should be calling every female member of your family "chimneys" mate. A tad sexist no? :D

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48705
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:27 am
StuartL wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:57 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:54 am
A conservative estimate of 25-30M White Britains live on or well below the average wage in this country 2 to 3 times the total number of BAME in the entire country but the problem is that this 'agenda' right now is driven by the pseudo-intellectual, guardian reading, social liberal middle classes who think that all white people live the same life as them in suburbia and that in the rare moments they even bother to think about the Working class white people it's their own fault they are in the situation.

I personally find statements like 'Black lives matter' and 'White privilege' as deeply insulting and extremely racist but for making that statement I am the racist one..... the world is fucked up and the UK is heading in a very '1984' direction where if you dont follow the party line people call for your prosecution at the drop of a hat.

The whole situation is best summed up by something I read recently 'A group of people who have never been slaves blaming a group of people who have never owned slaves for their own situation' or words to that effect.

Why is a banner saying 'White lives matter' considered racist but one saying 'Black lives matter' isnt, they're either both racist or neither that is what equality is all about :banghead:
It struck me as very bizarre at least that stating White Lives Matter on a banner is looked at so differently to Black Lives Matter on the back of players shirts. There were reports that the police were investigating.

To say one is unacceptable and “racist” is surely being discriminatory and therefore “racist” ? The world has gone fucking mad recently, I’m not speaking to anyone in the future in case I offend them.
I find that very offensive, you wont talk to people just in case you offend them therefore taking away both their ability and right to be offended by you...... you fucking 'ist'
:coffeespit:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48705
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

The bane of pc bollocks Frankie Boyle was superb tonight on the BBC.

Among many hilarious gags and routines the following two lines were brilliant:

"People saying Boris Johnson is the not the best man for the job. I'm not even sure he's the best mammal!"

"You only wear a condum if you're going to let her live".

:lol: :lol:

Also his explanation of why the sea is salty is borderline! :shock: :lol:

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6023
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by Bradywasking »

Dublin hotel has made a fanfare about removing some statues from the front of their establishment. This is because the statues , which are there for over 150 years, are somehow suddenly associated with slavery..Pass them most days and although I was aware they were there I honestly never really looked at them. Meanwhile inside the hotel I wonder are the cleaning staff etc on anything resembling a liveable wage? .

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6605
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:36 am
Dublin hotel has made a fanfare about removing some statues from the front of their establishment. This is because the statues , which are there for over 150 years, are somehow suddenly associated with slavery..Pass them most days and although I was aware they were there I honestly never really looked at them. Meanwhile inside the hotel I wonder are the cleaning staff etc on anything resembling a liveable wage? .
How about removing all the religious statues around the world too - considering all the killing, torture, persecution, etc done in the name of false idols.

This mad world is getting madder by the week

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48705
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's official. You are now sexist if you talk about your own sport without mentioning the women's version of it. :roll:

Tennis player Novak Djokovic is being "called out" ( :roll: ) for talking about his rivalry with Rafa Nadal without mentioning some tennis lezzers from the 1970s. :roll:

I assume from now on when Bergkamp talks about the Invincibles season he will have the decency - nay the common fucking courtesy - to talk admiringly of the Arsenal Ladies team because that's what fans of Bergkamp and football should be really interested in! :roll:

Clash
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:22 am
It's official. You are now sexist if you talk about your own sport without mentioning the women's version of it. :roll:

Tennis player Novak Djokovic is being "called out" ( :roll: ) for talking about his rivalry with Rafa Nadal without mentioning some tennis lezzers from the 1970s. :roll:

I assume from now on when Bergkamp talks about the Invincibles season he will have the decency - nay the common fucking courtesy - to talk admiringly of the Arsenal Ladies team because that's what fans of Bergkamp and football should be really interested in! :roll:
Yeah I saw this too :roll: I think tennis is the one sport that is worse than football when it comes to the equality thing. The fact that the women get the same prize money as the men is beyond the joke!

It reminded me of something I watched a few months back. It was about the ''Battle of the Sexes'' in 1973 when Bobby Riggs was beaten in a tennis match by Billie Jean King. It is held up as a landmark moment that proved women can compete with men when it comes to sport. There has even been a film made about this :roll:

What is conveniently ignored is that Riggs was 55 and nowhere near one of the top men's players at the time. However having beaten the no,1 woman in the world (Margaret Court) comprehensively a few weeks earlier it was seen as a certainty that Riggs would beat BJK too. After he lost in straight sets the bookmakers cleaned up. It later emerged that Boby Riggs had huge gambling debts and was involved with mobsters, who benefited massively from the ''shock result'. The aptly named Riggs almost certainly threw the game. The footage backs up the claim. It is like watching Gunnersaurus trying to save the kids penalties at half time.

Almost 20 years later Jimmy Connors played Martina Navratilova in similarly staged match. Connors was 40, he was only allowed one serve and his female opponent was allowed to hit into the doubles lines. Connors won easily. Despite the handicaps. I wonder why we do not hear so much about this one?

Women's sport is shite!

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48705
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: The Political Correctness Bullshit Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:22 am
It's official. You are now sexist if you talk about your own sport without mentioning the women's version of it. :roll:

Tennis player Novak Djokovic is being "called out" ( :roll: ) for talking about his rivalry with Rafa Nadal without mentioning some tennis lezzers from the 1970s. :roll:

I assume from now on when Bergkamp talks about the Invincibles season he will have the decency - nay the common fucking courtesy - to talk admiringly of the Arsenal Ladies team because that's what fans of Bergkamp and football should be really interested in! :roll:
Yeah I saw this too :roll: I think tennis is the one sport that is worse than football when it comes to the equality thing. The fact that the women get the same prize money as the men is beyond the joke!

It reminded me of something I watched a few months back. It was about the ''Battle of the Sexes'' in 1973 when Bobby Riggs was beaten in a tennis match by Billie Jean King. It is held up as a landmark moment that proved women can compete with men when it comes to sport. There has even been a film made about this :roll:

What is conveniently ignored is that Riggs was 55 and nowhere near one of the top men's players at the time. However having beaten the no,1 woman in the world (Margaret Court) comprehensively a few weeks earlier it was seen as a certainty that Riggs would beat BJK too. After he lost in straight sets the bookmakers cleaned up. It later emerged that Boby Riggs had huge gambling debts and was involved with mobsters, who benefited massively from the ''shock result'. The aptly named Riggs almost certainly threw the game. The footage backs up the claim. It is like watching Gunnersaurus trying to save the kids penalties at half time.

Almost 20 years later Jimmy Connors played Martina Navratilova in similarly staged match. Connors was 40, he was only allowed one serve and his female opponent was allowed to hit into the doubles lines. Connors won easily. Despite the handicaps. I wonder why we do not hear so much about this one?

Women's sport is shite!
:lol:

Fucking hell I had heard about the Riggs match but not the Connors one. I wonder why? Don't fit the equality agenda huh? :roll:

Post Reply