You ain't no Gooner Bruv!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: You ain't no Gooner Bruv!

Post by StuartL »

greengooner wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:42 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:31 pm
greengooner wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:52 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 pm
greengooner wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:30 pm

F**k human rights, those poor people murdered on Saturday night had rights, they have nothing now.
Those people were killed by murderers. Locking innocent people up is a human right abuse. BIG f**king difference......
Ok then, let's carry on with the system as it is then
Because it's working brilliantly isn't it, no thought given to the victims, god forbid anybody's "rights" are abused, nobody had said anything about locking up innocents, anybody spouting hatred masked in the cloak of religion deserves locking up and deportation. England has previous in the internment business if you want to cast your mind back, they weren't worried about human rights then were they?
As I said, I honestly don't know what the answer is, but when you start going on about deportation, think most of these murderers were born here. Do we not have laws already in place for inciting terrorism and preaching hate? Guantanamo Bay hasn't exactly made the world safer.
Maybe it is time to have a radical rethink about how we do things (including our foreign policy)...
It's new ground isn't it, a dangerous new reality, nobody knows how to deal with it, these random attacks are impossible to defend against with any success. The security forces have to be lucky all the time, the murderers only once. All I'm saying is that the methods of the past won't work, new measures have to be considered however draconian they might appear, I'd rather offended people than dead people. First step as I said in an earlier post I'd encourage is to arm the police on the street as some form of deterrence, might help or make zero positive difference but can't make the situation much worse.
I don't see arming the regular police as being a deterant, as they are hell bent on being martyred for their cause anyway, but what it could do is save some innocent lives that would be lost in waiting for armed response to get to the scene.
They arrived in 8 mins by all accounts, which is a fantastic response but perhaps if the closest police were armed the loss of life could have been lower ?
It wouldn't stop them, it would only be a measure to control and potentially reduce life lost.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The highly trained armed police have a nasty habit of shooting innocent people , i dread to think what they would do if they were all armed !
These type of attacks are hard to foil but why they didn't have barriers on the bridge is beyond me !
A simple railing on every bridge plus 2 lumps of concrete each end don't cost much !

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:57 pm
They are already parading people on Sky,saying how devout,kind,gentle,and community minded they were. :banghead:
Political Correctness is going to strangle this country to death,then fuck it up the arse. :evil:
You're wrong. :D It's not political correctness but you can be one thing and at the same time another thing.

I'm sure that despite some of your musings on here mate, you're a thoroughly decent fella with whom one would love to have a pint or two. :wink:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

greengooner wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:28 pm
Can anyone explain to me how in this day and age the bobby on the street is walking around with a two foot piece of wood and a can of pepper spray?, that policeman who tackled those three murdering ba**ards basically unarmed would have stood a far better chance had he been carrying a handgun, while out shopping today in Derry I watched three policemen fully armed on patrol and that sight alone would make you think twice about taking them on. Give the police the tools to do the job in the modern world not the "Dixon of dock green" world of the past.
A 2 foot piece of wood fucking hurts across the back of the legs i can tell ya

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Think of all those little bombs just waiting to copy what has been done in the past week or so, loads of them...
The league table of who is more likely to attack seems to be failing, especially as this specimen got relegated off of the watch list...
Trouble is it is so easy to get a vehicle, tool a few specimens up, find a bridge, mow a crowd down and head to a boozer where everyone is near pissed up, oh and anyone caught along the way are fair game...
That is what we are up against, these sleeping cells are everywhere, organised or not we are on the back foot...
The more it goes on, the more radicalisation goes on, the Mosque is the perfect pitch for them, bit like the Masonic Lodge..

Of let's say 4% of our population, near half are unemployed!
Loads of time on your hands to get radicalised, and all them Muftis pay them handsomely so they can pass the cash on to their families...

We may have to look again at Internment as we have no resources to follow every suspect thanks to cuts from Theresa May and Amber Rudd...The Home Office is a shambles... :shock:
Oh and btw, did you know that Theresa's old man, yes that little man in the bins is part of G4S, which picked up lucrative contracts on her watch at the Home Office!
Yep G4S which has fucked up the Prison and Police Service....Now theres a little chestnut for you.... :rubchin:
So it's really all about money honey! Lives don't matter to any of them, the continued candlelit vigils, the self promotion of pop stars to raise money for the injured! Too late for the dead though...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Don't want to comment directly on these horrific events, but did notice the headline in the Sun Newspaper

"Terrorist in an Arsenal shirt" or similar to that effect, then even had a full size Arsenal away shirt pictured, for what reason its hard to understand

Totally irrelevant detail, and poses the question why would the reporters put it in and why would the editor pass it?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:20 am
Don't want to comment directly on these horrific events, but did notice the headline in the Sun Newspaper

"Terrorist in an Arsenal shirt" or similar to that effect, then even had a full size Arsenal away shirt pictured, for what reason its hard to understand

Totally irrelevant detail, and poses the question why would the reporters put it in and why would the editor pass it?

Only a knucklehead with a low IQ would place credence on what a murdering specimen was wearing, and unfortunately the Suns standard of reporting is below pondlife!
All football supporters including the enemy are not that taken by what the specimen was wearing..

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:54 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:20 am

Only a knucklehead with a low IQ would place creedence on what a murdering specimen was wearing, and unfortunately the Suns standard of reporting is below pondlife!
All football supporters including the enemy are not that taken by what the specimen was wearing..

NickF

Post by NickF »

BBC are reporting that one of the murderers in Saturday's attack was featured in a channel4 documentary about jihadist last year.

He was seen waving an ISIS flag in a park yet the police downgrade an investigation into him. You would have thought the flag would have been enough to set alarm bells ringing.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:55 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
They are already parading people on Sky,saying how devout,kind,gentle,and community minded they were. :banghead:
Political Correctness is going to strangle this country to death,then fuck it up the arse. :evil:
You're wrong. :D It's not political correctness but you can be one thing and at the same time another thing.

I'm sure that despite some of your musings on here mate, you're a thoroughly decent fella with whom one would love to have a pint or two. :wink:
I was maybe slightly OTT on this one,but I was fucking angry after seeing the picture of the blonde woman lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood,while somebody was trying to help her. :cry:
The look of terror and bewilderment in her eyes as she stares at the camera is terrible.
Mine's a lager. :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:21 am
arseofacrow wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:55 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:

I was maybe slightly OTT on this one,but I was fucking angry after seeing the picture of the blonde woman lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood,while somebody was trying to help her. :cry:
The look of terror and bewilderment in her eyes as she stares at the camera is terrible.
Mine's a lager. :wink:
:) Mine's an ale, but not from one of those shifty looking hipster guys/gals!

I can't imagine the horror of going through that. :|

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:34 pm
I can see merits in both the arguments that Green and Nick are making and therein lies the problem.....there appears to be no answer to this problem.

Sorry to be a doom and gloom merchant, but this problem isn't going away. I fear that it will become part of our way of life, something we live with, knowing that every now and then, an atrocity will take place. I've actually noticed a difference in the reaction of people in London today, almost an acceptance if you will, certainly not the shock that there was with 7/7. It wasn't the first thing people were ready to talk about, if at all. I suspect that we will become gradually desensitised.

I'm sure the Northern Irish posters on here can let us know if that happened through the 70's and 80's, e.g. they became less shocked by bombs going off etc. I'm not qualified to make that judgement and I'm not playing down the horror for one minute, but it would be interesting to hear from people that lived through it.

As I say, there's no answer to this. I'm afraid we created a monster in this country and now it's out of control.
Make looking at bomb making and posting support or sympathy to terrorist groups an offence and inter all those that do. thus they cant use the human rights excuse.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:07 am
BBC are reporting that one of the murderers in Saturday's attack was featured in a channel4 documentary about jihadist last year.

He was seen waving an ISIS flag in a park yet the police downgrade an investigation into him. You would have thought the flag would have been enough to set alarm bells ringing.

Yes ISIS flag in regents park, shows cringeworthy film of the Police officers desperately trying to appease this vermin

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Police are too busy bothering with celeb phone hacking or pursuing politically motivated non existent historical abuse cases against conservative politicians and right leaning ex celebs.

They are too scared and under directives from the upper echelons to not appear racist to stop a lot of this at source.

The police service on the whole has been BBCised with a left wing liberal agenda.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:20 pm
Police are too busy bothering with celeb phone hacking or pursuing politically motivated non existent historical abuse cases against conservative politicians and right leaning ex celebs.

They are too scared and under directives from the upper echelons to not appear racist to stop a lot of this at source.

The police service on the whole has been BBCised with a left wing liberal agenda.

Some truth in that, the Police do not just enforce the law, indeed where i live Fox hunting still carries on regardless of being illegal, the Police choose not to enforce...so from that you would assume have there own agenda