Births Deaths Marriages/Civil P's & Anniversaries

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Allgunsblazin

Births Deaths Marriages/Civil P's & Anniversaries

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The old man would have been 85 today and twelve years have past :shock:
Thanks for introducing me to The Arsenal and I shall have a pint to your memory?.. :cheers:

DB10GOONER

Re: Births Deaths Marriages/Civil P's & Anniversaries

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:53 am
Thanks for introducing me to The Arsenal and I shall have a pint to your memory?.. :cheers:
I raise a glass to your old man. :cheers:

My old man passed away at 2am on 27th Feb 2008. He'd now be 72 if he'd lived. Cannot believe it has been 10 years. Feels like last year. He died 2 hours after my wife's birthday day ended. They had a great friendship and she reckons he hung in there the extra 2 hours so as not to make her birthday a sad occasion. Which I like to believe too.

My old man had 4 sons and he gave the gift of the Arsenal to us all. Thanks dad. 8)

:cheers:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:41 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:

My old man passed away at 2am on 27th Feb 2008. He'd now be 72 if he'd lived. Cannot believe it has been 10 years. Feels like last year. He died 2 hours after my wife's birthday day ended. They had a great friendship and she reckons he hung in there the extra 2 hours so as not to make her birthday a sad occasion. Which I like to believe too.

My old man had 4 sons and he gave the gift of the Arsenal to us all. Thanks dad. 8)

Nice stories guys...Love of a club is hereditary in your cases..DB10 your Dad died on 27th February 2008...My own Dad died on 28th February 1965 when I was a seventeen month old baby with one older brother fourteen months my senior. My parents were less than four years married when my Dad died a very young man from what apparently even then was a very treatable heart condition. I think today it is routine type of thing. It didn't happen for him.and in his thirties he left this earth and a young widow with two kids under three years old behind. I , based on my Father's family , don't think he would have got the Arsenal thing at all but my Mother did even if she didn't get the obsession. My brother and I lived and breathed football from an early age. Uncles etc would chastise us over "That English game " but we were not for moving...My brother was and is a Liverpool fan and as much as I detest them I respect him for being a genuine fan that suffers the lows like a true supporter.
My Mother is now in her mid eighties and in many ways failing before our eyes. Hearing is virtually gone and still refuses a hearing aid, , sight is becoming a problem also but still as sharp as a tack on some issues.
I look at her and think that she has been a widow for 53 years and how unfair that is. When my oldest lad was nearly two I was bringing him for a walk to my Dad's grave one day, my mother was with us..There was a beautiful horse in a field near the Cemetery and my boy wanted to see it, so I lifted him up to see better.My mother said " when you were his age your Father was already dead. " .Few things I have heard in my life struck me and chilled me to the bone as much as that did. Especially as she rarely spoke to us about our Dad. She became a stubborn independent woman who never asked for anything. She instilled those values in us and taught us the value of working for what you want and what you get. When I would say to her that I was going to London or whereever to see Arsenal play she would always say, well you work hard enough you deserve it or something on those lines.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Nice stories guys...Love of a club is hereditary in your cases..DB10 your Dad died on 27th February 2008...My own Dad died on 28th February 1965 when I was a seventeen month old baby with one older brother fourteen months my senior. My parents were less than four years married when my Dad died a very young man from what apparently even then was a very treatable heart condition. I think today it is routine type of thing. It didn't happen for him.and in his thirties he left this earth and a young widow with two kids under three years old behind. I , based on my Father's family , don't think he would have got the Arsenal thing at all but my Mother did even if she didn't get the obsession. My brother and I lived and breathed football from an early age. Uncles etc would chastise us over "That English game " but we were not for moving...My brother was and is a Liverpool fan and as much as I detest them I respect him for being a genuine fan that suffers the lows like a true supporter.
My Mother is now in her mid eighties and in many ways failing before our eyes. Hearing is virtually gone and still refuses a hearing aid, , sight is becoming a problem also but still as sharp as a tack on some issues.
I look at her and think that she has been a widow for 53 years and how unfair that is. When my oldest lad was nearly two I was bringing him for a walk to my Dad's grave one day, my mother was with us..There was a beautiful horse in a field near the Cemetery and my boy wanted to see it, so I lifted him up to see better.My mother said " when you were his age your Father was already dead. " .Few things I have heard in my life struck me and chilled me to the bone as much as that did. Especially as she rarely spoke to us about our Dad. She became a stubborn independent woman who never asked for anything. She instilled those values in us and taught us the value of working for what you want and what you get. When I would say to her that I was going to London or whereever to see Arsenal play she would always say, well you work hard enough you deserve it or something on those lines.
Wow man what a heartbreaking story. Your mum is a hell of a woman. When I had kids my biggest fear was dying when they were young and not being there for them as they grew up. I cannot even begin to imagine how you mum coped. 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Lovely stories guys, and yes your mother was a true soldier caring for her boys in difficult times too may I add.
I am sure your fathers grave was/is well tended and a peaceful place for one to reflect in this chaotic unfair world.
God bless...

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 pm
Lovely stories guys, and yes your mother was a true soldier caring for her boys in difficult times too may I add.
I am sure your fathers grave was/is well tended and a peaceful place for one to reflect in this chaotic unfair world.
God bless...
Thank you

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:57 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Wow man what a heartbreaking story. Your mum is a hell of a woman. When I had kids my biggest fear was dying when they were young and not being there for them as they grew up. I cannot even begin to imagine how you mum coped. 8)
I think she invented the phrase tough love...One tough woman ..Thank you for the nice comments.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

RIP my Dear Brother Michael he passed away last Sunday 18th Nov, my heart is breaking.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:52 pm
RIP my Dear Brother Michael he passed away last Sunday 18th Nov, my heart is breaking.
Aw jeez so sorry to hear that mate. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sorry for your loss..RIP

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
My thoughts are with you Bard, condolences to you and all the family.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

"Thank you" guys, I very much appreciate your kind words and condolences.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Hope you are keeping well at this awful time...
God bless....