The ONLY Euro 2016 thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: The ONLY Euro 2016 thread

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

looks like norn iron have qualified 1-0 v ukraine! :shock:

oh and i made yarmolenko my captain as well :roll: :banghead:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:looks like norn iron have qualified 1-0 v ukraine! :shock:

oh and i made yarmolenko my captain as well :roll: :banghead:

Make that 2-0

Ha ha ha ha ha, on so many levels
Ha ha ha ha, this thread is gonna be quiet for a bit
Ha ha ha ha ha

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Great result - can't see 3 points being enough to go through for anyone mind.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Being honest though it was a good result for England once again i was not impressed with the performance and Woy's changes at half time had to happen. Kane and Sterling were shit again !! I thought Lallana and Walker were Englands best players, Wales were very poor second half but i'm not sure that wasn't because they ran themselves into the ground chasing for not much result in the first half.

Have to say that i though NI were very good, for a bunch of players with no big tournament experience they showed that working together and playing to the very end can produce a decent result but i expected more from the Ukraine.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Bilic has now moved to the top of my list. Mans a fukin beast. Class act.
:barscarf:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Btw. Gareth Bale, I mean Wales could have drawn the match.
England, on the whole were okay, and Wales in the first half were okay.
I thought that Ramsey was Wales' best player, and covered more yards than any other player?
Bale was like Ronaldo v Iceland? And Joe Hart is a cupid stunt to palm a 35 yard free kick into his net.

Never mind, watching Norn Ireland get two goals and celebrate like murder was a joy to behold.
I can't wait to see how ROI get on next. :lol:

WENGER OUT

armchair

Post by armchair »

Come on the Irelands! :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

I'm happy for northern Ireland and would love to see them qualify from their group - I still remember their great victory over spain in the 1982 world cup (which was sadly followed by a hammering from brazil :( )

Anyway I want a harmonious relationship with our northern neighbours so that, when they eventually come in under the 32 county umbrella, it wouldnt be too big of a move for them 8) :wink: :lol:
Last edited by augie on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armchair

Post by armchair »

augie wrote:Anyway I want a harmonious relationship with our northern neighbours so that, when they eventually come in under the 32 county umbrella, it would be too big of a move for them 8) :wink: :lol:
Shots fired! :shock:

:wink: :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

augie wrote:I'm happy for northern Ireland and would love to see them qualify from their group - I still remember their great victory over spain in the 1982 world cup (which was sadly followed by a hammering from brazil :( )

Anyway I want a harmonious relationship with our northern neighbours so that, when they eventually come in under the 32 county umbrella, it would be too big of a move for them 8) :wink: :lol:

:lol:
liar.
:lol:

WENGER OUT

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

....The Clown injured ....Flappy in for The Poles

augie

Post by augie »

I meant to say that it "wouldn't be too big of a move" instead of saying "it would be too big of a move" 8)

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

augie wrote:I meant to say that it "wouldn't be too big of a move" instead of saying "it would be too big of a move" 8)

Still a liar.

:oops:

WENGER OUT

gp543

Post by gp543 »

northbank123 wrote:Great result - can't see 3 points being enough to go through for anyone mind.
If you have 3 points and a zero or positive goal difference your chances of going through as one of the third place sides are nearly 80%.

augie

Post by augie »

gp543 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Great result - can't see 3 points being enough to go through for anyone mind.
If you have 3 points and a zero or positive goal difference your chances of going through as one of the third place sides are nearly 80%.

We (Ireland) wont qualify unless 2 points is enough to get us through - from the get go I had us down to draw 2 games and lose one and I cant see improving :(