The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

nut flush gooner

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:When the World bank ,IMF and morgan stanley tell us we are better off in i know the opposite is true .
Im up for out but I have to admit the thought of Boris as PM scares the crap out of me !
Fuck the World Bank, IMF and Morgan Stanley. When your assets have already started to depreciate and you are oblivious to it all, that's when I really worry about the future of this country.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Chippy wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:"Are we out yet?"

I fucking hope so, but,,,,,,,,,
don't let the educated elite on here to allow us to think for ourselves to vote out.
We're not worthy.

WENGER OUT.

BREXIT
Yes education is a terrible thing. Let's put our trust in Nigel "I think the doctors have got it wrong on smoking," and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson (Eton and Oxford).

You really are an arrogant twat, aren't you?
Do as I say and not as I do, ring a bell?
It's prats like you that are blinkered, as you only see the future for you and your own.
Anyone that has a different opinion to yours is a conspiracy theorist. :roll: Great argument.

:roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Top Londoner wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:

don't let the educated elite on here to allow us to think for ourselves to vote out.
We're not worthy.

WENGER OUT.

BREXIT
Yes education is a terrible thing. Let's put our trust in Nigel "I think the doctors have got it wrong on smoking," and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson (Eton and Oxford).

It's prats like you that are blinkered, as you only see the future for you and your own.
Anyone that has a different opinion to yours is a conspiracy theorist. :roll: Great argument.

Praise the lord TL has recognised this as well :barscarf: 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:When the World bank ,IMF and morgan stanley tell us we are better off in i know the opposite is true .
Im up for out but I have to admit the thought of Boris as PM scares the crap out of me !
Fuck the World Bank, IMF and Morgan Stanley. When your assets have already started to depreciate and you are oblivious to it all, that's when I really worry about the future of this country.
what assets would that be ?

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:

We're not worthy.

WENGER OUT.

BREXIT

Praise the lord TL has recognised this as well :barscarf: 8)

He really is a condescending prick.

WENGER OUT

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
You don't own your own home, have a pension or have money in the bank?!!!

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
I do and they wont be affected in the least , Sterling will take a pounding early next week or even later today but only for a few days ,otherwise nothing will happen its all scare talk !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
I do and they wont be affected in the least , Sterling will take a pounding early next week or even later today but only for a few days ,otherwise nothing will happen its all scare talk !
Sterling already has taken a hammering both against the euro and the dollar. When I went to Munich last November, it was around 1.42 euros to the £ now it's 1.26. The stock market is well down this year, a lot of it is to do with Brexit. If we do leave expect it to fall further.

House prices have hit a plateau, in fact this is what will probably hurt most people in this country. Most people haven't saved enough for their retirement so they are reliant on property to plug the difference. The only reason our housing market hasn't tanked in the last 10 years is a shortage of property. Like it or not immigration helps sustain house prices, take it away and expect a blood bath, especially given the ridiculous levels that London property has reached in the last few years. Ever heard of the emperor has no clothes story?

It's really hard to explain in plain English how bad Brexit will be for all of us, I've given up all you can do is explain the facts. I was out watching England with an Asian mate of myne yesterday, he is voting out on the grounds of immigration. He sounded like Nigel Farage, WTF!!!!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Its hard to explain because as usual you dont know what your talking about .
You have NO idea what BREXIT will mean ,neither do I becuase no-one can really know .
For me its a simple thing , I dont like non elected people making the laws for my country .
The last expansion of Europe to include the eastern european copuntries and the ruinous euro integration has left many countiries on the brink of destitution and its dragging us down too .
This will only continue if we remain as the federalists will countinue to expand eastwards !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:Its hard to explain because as usual you dont know what your talking about .
You have NO idea what BREXIT will mean ,neither do I becuase no-one can really know .
For me its a simple thing , I dont like non elected people making the laws for my country .
The last expansion of Europe to include the eastern european copuntries and the ruinous euro integration has left many countiries on the brink of destitution and its dragging us down too .
This will only continue if we remain as the federalists will countinue to expand eastwards !
You really can't have a debate with people who are as uninformed as you are. That's probably why we will Brexit, because the masses in this country are living in the past and haven't got a clue about the concept of globalisation.

Every point I have made in my last post, had a clear and rational economic principle. You haven't done anything but confirm your ignorance so I will stop wasting my energy.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:Its hard to explain because as usual you dont know what your talking about .
You really can't have a debate with people who are as uninformed as you are. That's probably why we will Brexit, because the masses in this country are living in the past and haven't got a clue about the concept of globalisation.

Every point I have made in my last post, had a clear and rational economic principle. You haven't done anything but confirm your ignorance so I will stop wasting my energy.
What were the clear and rational economic principles?
I read your post a couple of times and your argument is pure speculation, no economic principle has been applied.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

I was unaware (or had forgotten) that in 1992 Switzerland placed an application to join the EU but a referendum in that country provided a tiny majority to stay out. The application to join however was left with the EU with the plan to try again later. Today, the Swiss have formally withdrawn that application with one of their ministers saying "only a few lunatics still want to join". The Swiss have the advantage of seeing what the EU has become and decided they want no part. I believe they are pretty good at financial matters, running their own country and keeping out of other people's squabbles. And making chocolate.

http://lenews.ch/2016/06/16/switzerland ... embership/

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:

No you are a complete wanker whose information and perceptions comes from newspapers or the TV and swallows it all wholesale .
I know full well the aims of globalisation and it is ruining the world and enslaving us more and more each day .

Please feel free to ignore me C unt !

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

No you are a complete wanker whose information and perceptions comes from newspapers or the TV and swallows it all wholesale .
I know full well the aims of globalisation and it is ruining the world and enslaving us more and more each day .

Please feel free to ignore me you semi literate spunkbubble !

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

This is the first time I've posted on this thread. The topic is important, but is so complicated and contains so many unknowns that I thought a lot of posts would contain a lot of bias and speculation, a fair bit of ignorance and the occasional fact. I must be psychic!

Despite being a Brit abroad, I'm just on the side of leaving, for two main reasons.

Firstly, I believe in democracy and the EU is not very democratic and sometimes appears the project of a left-leaning intelligensia, for whom the project is more important than the practical effects on the lives of people. They are willing to turn a blind eye to corruption and deceit and ignore their own laws if it keeps the project on track (e.g. the accesion of Italy, Greece etc when they were not even close to meeting the Eu's own criteria).

Secondly, it only makes sense to vote IN if you believe the EU will be successful in the long-term, and I don't. The cultural, geographic and economic differences make repeats of recent financial problems inevitable, and as more countries join the problems will get worse. Such growth will also distance individual citizens even further from the seat of power. In every country of the EU, public opinion has been slowly turning against it.

Personally, I don't think we should label people 'right' or 'wrong' for their opinion on the vote because, for me, it is not a mathematical problem that can be proved by showing more facts on one side of the equation or the other. It is about beliefs and values. I can see the logic in the arguments on both sides (but not the ignorant, condescending, dishonest bollocks spouted by most politicians, and some posters).

When I've discussed it with friends and colleagues I've explained my intentions and my reasons, but I've not tried to change anyone's mind. It's your decision. Do what you honestly think is right. And try to see through the lies and distortion on both sides.