The ONLY Euro 2016 thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: The ONLY Euro 2016 thread

Post by northbank123 »

NI spot on here - this was why I was so nervous abouT playing Them. Wales rely on counter-attacking. Been by far the better team.

Attackers are working hard to press Wales and clamping Joe Allen, but the rest of the team are keeping their shape so even if Wales do get out then they've got no space.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

It's a big pile of dog poo so far :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

arseofacrow wrote:It's a big pile of dog poo so far :D
Dire isn't it.

Wales neEd to get to HT then change something.

augie

Post by augie »

arseofacrow wrote:It's a big pile of dog poo so far :D

Desperate, desperate football :roll: :oops: Most of us knew that it wouldn't be a good game - some suggested that it would be a real end to end british style game, but they have to remember what is at stake here and no team is going to take chances at this stage. Countries like wales and northern Ireland (and republic of Ireland) don't often get to within a game of the quarter finals of a major championships, and it is natural that players first mindset will be to not lose instead of trying to win

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

It is partly that but moreover this is just how these teams play - NI have profited from this approach greatly and Wales really struggle to break sides like this down.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Bale doing a bit of a Vardy there :box:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

What about this mythical will grigg? :shock:

And is that men of harlech the Welsh are humming?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

will grigg was on fire and didn't play a single minute of football.

terrible management from michael o'neil 8)

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Well done to team Bales.
Now c'mon Croatia.

WENGER OUT

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

RAWA

never knew NI sang God save the queen. Must have never subjected myself to one of their games before!

augie

Post by augie »

Top Londoner wrote:Well done to team Bales.
Now c'mon Croatia.

WENGER OUT

Having watched most of wale's 4 games so far, can I just say that with the exception of the first game, monkey boy has been distinctly average. For me I think that the taff's best players have been joe allen and ben davis along with Williams. The bbc, and especially jug ears lineker went into *****-a-thon mode re bale this evening because he put in a great cross that led to the only goal - I'm sorry but I would expect far more from one of the most expensive players in the world and from someone that has top quality

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

augie wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:Well done to team Bales.
Now c'mon Croatia.

WENGER OUT

Having watched most of wale's 4 games so far, can I just say that with the exception of the first game, monkey boy has been distinctly average. For me I think that the taff's best players have been joe allen and ben davis along with Williams. The bbc, and especially jug ears lineker went into *****-a-thon mode re bale this evening because he put in a great cross that led to the only goal - I'm sorry but I would expect far more from one of the most expensive players in the world and from someone that has top quality

He was fairly anonymous today.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Think you're being harsh Augie. Bale had 3 or 4 men on him whenever he got th ball today, the rest of the side barely helped him yet he essentially grabbed the goal. He was superb against Russia.

Ben Davies has been excellent and barring some poor distribution James Chester has been nothing short of phenomenal. Joe Allen is sheer class every time he pulls on a Wales shirt.

Heading into Cardiff on the smash tonight - should be lively!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:dance: :dance: :dance:

augie

Post by augie »

I don't know if I have ever hated a footballer more than I hate pepe - to see his smiley face parading around after beating Croatia, makes me sick to the stomach :( The man is an utter cuntbag :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :censored: :censored: