The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by GoonerMuzz »

At times i really wish i could support anoth club during the summer, at least then i could look forward to the transfer window with anticipation and excitement for once :shock:

Let's be honest how many of us actually start feeling trepidation and fear as soon as the window opens :rubchin:

Yet another reason to want a new manager, at least he'd actually try to sign players rather than 'virtually' trying to sign half the world :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think that the UK will end up signing a bit of a 'free movement' deal with the EU that will ensure average French players can become multi-millionaires at Arsene FC. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Hang out.........

Vardy might change his mind.

Phew. Just kidding.

Transfer window closed.

WENGER OUT

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Phewww! we dodged a bullet there - £20 million fora rag & bone man.

augie

Post by augie »

Some mornings a man just wakes up in foul mood - he is still tired, doesn't want to work, the wife is pissing him off, the kids are wrecking his head and to cap it all off it is pissing rain outside :x When that happens a man needs something to make him laugh and raise his spirits for the day........ladies and gentlemen I give you todays Daily Star

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ding-spree

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

people actually read this shit, and believe it would you believe :shock:

just look at some of the adverts for other "stories" on that page, it's a glorified lag mag ffs. some of these writers even have the nerve to call themselves- wait for it-

journalists! :coffeespit:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:Some mornings a man just wakes up in foul mood - he is still tired, doesn't want to work, the wife is pissing him off, the kids are wrecking his head and to cap it all off it is pissing rain outside :x When that happens a man needs something to make him laugh and raise his spirits for the day........ladies and gentlemen I give you todays Daily Star

Simply wonderful. What a good chuckle that gave me. As if that *word censored* would ever care enough to get any of those players or that they'd ever want to play for him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:Some mornings a man just wakes up in foul mood - he is still tired, doesn't want to work, the wife is pissing him off, the kids are wrecking his head and to cap it all off it is pissing rain outside :x When that happens a man needs something to make him laugh and raise his spirits for the day........ladies and gentlemen I give you todays Daily Star

That must be happening on another Planet somewhere out there beyond the milky way - Coz sure as hell it isn't and will NEVER happen on this planet. :cry:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Can we not get around £70 million together and buy Boateng, he is top quality

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

That's hysterical. Truly shit journalism.

They should follow it up with a story headlined "Wenger buys 5 superstars, plays them all out of position and Arsenal are still shite"

Wasn't the Daily Star Peter Hill Wood's go to newspaper whenever he wanted to plant a story??

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Fuck me furiously that really is lazy shite journalism :oops: as if le fartpipe is going to spend anywhere near that lol it should be called The daily chocolate star :oops:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

I'd take Ashley Williams, been solid this tournament.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

storrmin571 wrote:I'd take Ashley Williams, been solid this tournament.
Think he has been the weakest of the 3 CBs by some way myself - looked shaky against Slovakia and England at times. Has still performed very well though.

But just like NI defenders he is an average player who is really excelling in a very good defensive system and a team which doesn't commit men forward recklessly. Stick him in a badly organised defence which gets stretched and he will look like an absolute carthorse.

Would rather him than Gabriel and a good back-up option but don't think he would cut the mustard as a regular starter.

augie

Post by augie »

Subotic has announced on his facebook page that he intends leaving Dortmund this summer - I remember a few years ago he was highly rated across Europe but he seems to have lost his place in the Dortmund side since. Is he good enough for a team in desperate need of central defenders ? Can any of our german forum members give their assessment on him ?

MrT

Post by MrT »

Redarmy wrote:
MrT wrote:
begeegs wrote:
MrT wrote:Rumours about Lukaku now, ffs hope this isn't true, would have preferred steptoe.

No fucking idea why he's so highly rated, averages 1 good game in 3 and is a big lumbering oaf, and we already have one of those.

Can you imagine if we hadn't signed Xhaka so early? Meltdown.
He isn't the finished article yet and he is someone who will actually use his frame in an aggressive manner. He's also better with the ball at his feet than Giroud and faster and can play on his own in our plodding formation. I think that he'd fit much better than Vardy.

That being said, he ain't coming...
Will he suddenly turn into a quick and skilful striker with the guile to create something from nothing? It's not his type of game and never will be because he lacks the technical ability and footballing IQ.

Icardi is the best bet at this point. Inter are in a financial shithole and it's baffling why we haven't gone in for him.

I don't expect any signings until the pound has picked up, Wenger's got a nice tidy excuse at the moment.
Just seen in media....Everton set a price tag of £75 Million on Lukaku.... :D :D :D :D

the world has gone mad
Linked with Lacazette now, the French poor man's Jermaine Defoe.