THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by NickF »

Dudeface wrote:Why did he bid for vardy? To say they won't buy anyone else doesn't make sense after tryingand failing to buy a striker. What was the purpose of that bid?
Because we need a striker and Vardy was the cheapest option.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I am also tempted to believe that he (clueless) knew that Vardy might not jump ship and haul his chav bones to The Arsenal - Because he is No young chicken has a limited number of years - because his pace makes up for much of what he can do - and in Leicesters pond he is a Big Fish....just a thought. :?

But I wholeheartedly agree - If the Vardy bid has failed regardless of the reasons - why bother trying to sign another striker if he was not needed. (as GJ would say 'his logic is flawed' :wink: )

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:" We are active every day " Arsene Wenger SSN just now...
He's a LYING CUNNT. :cussing:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Fucking hell, I'd have taken Vardy in a flash.

Instead we go into yet another season with no good strikers (since 2012) and a piss weak squad (since 2008). Fucking maddening :banghead:

Gazidis' propaganda shite doesn't help either. What the fuck does he do? :rubchin:

312 days until TOF's contract expires... then gets a new deal with a pay-rise :suicide:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Sean wrote:Fucking hell, I'd have taken Vardy in a flash.

Instead we go into yet another season with no good strikers (since 2012) and a piss weak squad (since 2008). Fucking maddening :banghead:

Gazidis' propaganda shite doesn't help either. What the fuck does he do? :rubchin:

312 days until TOF's contract expires... then gets a new deal with a pay-rise :suicide:
Vardy vs not signing anyone is easy choice. This is insane if we won't sign proper striker during this window. But then again, why would we sign proper striker now as we haven't done that since RVP left?

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Dudeface wrote:Why did he bid for vardy? To say they won't buy anyone else doesn't make sense after tryingand failing to buy a striker. What was the purpose of that bid?
Vardy is a diving, snide wanker,and in my opinion would have been found out with us. It is going to be interesting to watch him if he plays against celtic today. I also think it is hilarious that his Leicester teammates appealed to his loyalty to make him stay, now loads of them are looking for a pay day move away from the club.
I have said this before, and say it again,(especially now Higuian is going to Juventus), we should sign Lacezette! :barscarf:

P.S. If he plays get your money on Vardy "winning" a penalty. :banghead:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

It has to be either Lacazette (looks unlikely) or Icardi (stated he's moving on somewhere in the summer).

Mahrez we'd all like but that's just pure paper talk.

Wenger is going to defy the Injury Gods once again and kid himself that we'll get through a season without at least several key players hitting the treatment room. Also Ozil is due an injury and Sanchez will probably have some degree of burnout after the double Copa America.

So first few games without Sanchez and Giroud, hoping Wally Walcott has one of his brief spells of good form and that someone else like The Ox hits the ground running.

Wenger :banghead:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Vardy vs not signing anyone is easy choice. This is insane if we won't sign proper striker during this window. But then again, why would we sign proper striker now as we haven't done that since RVP left?
We can't sign Vardy (or ANY competent striker) as we'd 'kill' Giroud :banghead:

Whatever anyone thinks of Vardy, at least he knows where the fucking goal is, unlike our strutting ear-cupper, whose goal drought fucked up the second half of the season. Our glorious and 'beautiful' sideways football doesn't help, either.

So it looks like another burnt-out, weak squad for the new season. I suppose we'll have to play our shite youth players in November as we drop points and clangers to mid-table sides. TOF never fucking learns, nor will he fucking leave :suicide:

Offside

Post by Offside »

When Wenger signs the new deal, you'll hear Gazidis sniggering at the press conference and saying "we have made the true world class signing". :roll: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:If anyone requires an alternative viewpoint, log on to " untold Arsenal"

hard to believe there are still people out there thinking this way, must be the TO1AW brigade
How unconscious are these wankerss? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

btw: Redarmy - Did you know there was a chant named after you!? :D :wink:
Yeah i started it years ago....... :barscarf:
WoW! :hail:

:rubchin:

How does it go again...???
Its complicated.....takes a bit of getting used too :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe ya many might have their doubts... :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

NickF wrote:
Yep, and now the stupid old, stubborn *word censored* will feel snubbed so won't go after anyone else because he has to always be right and would rather not sign anyone than be made to look the massive incompetent *word censored* that he really is yet again.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Anyone notice Juventus just paid 79m for Higuain, yet two weeks ago thought they could get Sanchez for 35m.

Big clubs really do hold us in impunity. They see as weak, and there to be taken advantage of. Its why Man City thought they could get Bellerin just by asking. Its why Juventus thought they could get Sanchez on the cheap. Its why the papers are forever linking our top players with moves away. Because the perception is Arsenal are a stepping stone, and our players are forever open to leaving.

Its an image we brought on ourselves. We sold Cesc when he had 5 years left on his deal for only 35m. We sold RVP and Nasri to direct rivals. You can even go as far back to 2005 when Ashley Cole left.

It further doesnt help when we dither and allow players to get away, such as Higuain. Or when Wenger comes out and says 'I didnt know Martial was for sale' (ask you fuk wit). Nor does it help when Jamie Vardy turns us down. There is no doubt about it, we have a deserved reputation for being weak & indecisive in the transfer market. And this is a big contributor to the image we have cast on ourselves as a stepping down, and a club that is nothing more than 'there abouts', rather than in the mix of it.

This is why it is important we closes the sales of Mahrez and Lacazette. Or if not them, further players of their caliber. Because if we dont win something proper soon (either the CL or PL), then I can see a second round exodus of Sanchez, Ozil, Bellerin, Kosicleny ect. Which will sustain our reputation of being weak, and pretty much a stepping stone - and not just for Real or Barcelona, but for the Manchester clubs and Chelsea. Inf act, Napoli and Juventus could be seen to be good enough alternatives.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Where, how does he form his opinions?? why is it just him with these ideas??

Wenger told the Arsenal website. “We are very active on the transfer market but it’s a long time to go. Everybody has a handbrake on at the moment.

“It’s a little bit of a poker game until mid-August in my opinion. So we might have to be good at poker. We are very active, and if we find the right candidates we will spend big money.”

There is "no poker game or fucking handbrakes" just get the job done of signing a Striker and CB you senile old man :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

What he's trying to say is "I am doing what I do every single year, wait until the last minute hoping someone panics and sells me someone on the cheap"
Of course, it never happens just like our serious challenge for the title. Lying c.unt of the highest order.

It's no wonder Tony Adams has turned down the coaching role at Arsenal to work in China instead, who would want to work with the lying dictator??!!