Manure (H) | PL | Sun 7 May 16:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: Manure (H) | PL | Sun 7 May 16:00

Post by Wilson »

If we play a high line without any midfield pressing, we will get hammered.

the front 6 pressing is a prerequisite to playing a high line. And if they dont press and allow the other teams midfielders space, then they have all time to pick out a pss between our last defender and the keeper.

Just look at the 6-0 Chelsea flogging, its balls over the top, or losing possession in midfield. We simply were never set up to cope without the ball, and Wenger didnt change anything and allowed the situation to get as bad as it got.

Just go to you tube and watch it again, I know its not nice viewing - but just watch before hand how the goals came to be.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Remember the time a game against Manchester Utd would set the pulse racing and have you in a Cup Final mode for days before..? The level of apathy towards this game from Gooners is a true measure of how much Wenger has destroyed this club..
Mourinho stated last week that he would rest players for today, but that was before the Celta Vigo game and possibly before he realised how awful Celta are..He is surely a lot less worried about the second leg now.. Reports say a full Man United squad has travelled for this game..
I saw a headline this morning that said Mourinho hopes Wenger stays...of course he does. Wenger isn't a threat, he is fair game to be insulted at any time and Mourinho has a great record against Wenger. Today 0-0 or 0-1 but not really bothered.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

If he does play a weak team it's the biggest joke in football. Celta Vigo are really shit and even we would beat them easily so no need.
I don't really care about the result lost interest in this group of players but will still watch to see how bad we are today

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:Remember the time a game against Manchester Utd would set the pulse racing and have you in a Cup Final mode for days before..? The level of apathy towards this game from Gooners is a true measure of how much Wenger has destroyed this club..
Mourinho stated last week that he would rest players for today, but that was before the Celta Vigo game and possibly before he realised how awful Celta are..He is surely a lot less worried about the second leg now.. Reports say a full Man United squad has travelled for this game..
I saw a headline this morning that said Mourinho hopes Wenger stays...of course he does. Wenger isn't a threat, he is fair game to be insulted at any time and Mourinho has a great record against Wenger. Today 0-0 or 0-1 but not really bothered.

Aaaah! Those were the days...PV4 vs keane, throwing cuddly donkey toys at Neville when he came to take a corner, the Loathing and Animosity was in the blood....doing anything - evenb selling your first born to get a ticket, Henry making Bartez look like an utter mug. :barscarf:

Now!? Just coming home from work listening to talkshyte and they we saying there was No Appetite From Either Side For This Game - They re essentially playing to see who is fifth and who is sixth. Jeezzzzusss H. :cry: :cry: :cry: :banghead:

#wengerout

General

Post by General »

Wilson wrote:If we play a high line without any midfield pressing, we will get hammered.

the front 6 pressing is a prerequisite to playing a high line. And if they dont press and allow the other teams midfielders space, then they have all time to pick out a pss between our last defender and the keeper.

Just look at the 6-0 Chelsea flogging, its balls over the top, or losing possession in midfield. We simply were never set up to cope without the ball, and Wenger didnt change anything and allowed the situation to get as bad as it got.

Just go to you tube and watch it again, I know its not nice viewing - but just watch before hand how the goals came to be.
United will sit deep and play on the counter. There will be no need for any aggressive pressing as we will see plenty of the ball and possibly do fukall with it. That's generally how our games have transpired at home recently. The team is paralysed by fear and the uncertainty surrounding the fraud's position and has been for a few months now. The evidence is clear that Wenka cannot set them up properly, focus their minds and motivate them for any extensive amount of time. This overrides everything for me. Recent positive results are mostly down to luck and the team occasionally showing signs of life because the opposition failed to kill them off. I cannot hold them accountable for poor results whiles Wenka is in charge. If anything they've done well to keep him in the job for this long.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Probably a shit boring as fuck game but here are the line-ups. They look weak but we've been down this road so many times before. Draw or defeat. Couldn't really care less.

Arsenal
33Cech
16Holding
6Koscielny
18Monreal
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
29Xhaka
8Ramsey
3Gibbs
11Özil
7Sánchez
23Welbeck
Substitutes
5Gabriel
12Giroud
13Ospina
14Walcott
17Iwobi
24Bellerín
34Coquelin
Man Utd
1de Gea
38Tuanzebe
4Jones
12Smalling
36Darmian
21Herrera
16Carrick
22Mkhitaryan
8Mata
11Martial
10Rooney
Substitutes
3Bailly
6Pogba
14Lingard
17Blind
19Rashford
20Romero
39McTominay

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

United not really weakened are they? The right full (I presume he is at right full ) the only name that jumps out as a reserve...so that means he will be man of the match....Holding is back..the most impressive player of the back three "era" was dropped for the biggest game of the back three "era" ..Arsene Knows..

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Still looks a strong side from Man Utd. De Gea MOTM for the two shots he has to save in a drab 0-0. Just stuck down a tenner on it!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Sorry lads, meant to say that they don't look that weak but we've been down that road so many times. I mean that we've faced a team 'with other things on their mind' and still can't beat them so many times before. This has got a couple of Rooney goals all over it.

markyp

Post by markyp »

that Utd team is more than capable of beating us,hopefull!,id love to see wengers face and excuses today,

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

As the originator of the 'Let's all laugh at Man Utd' thread (I know, I know!), nothing would give me greater pleasure than to stuff this lot and the wanker of a manager! However, that means relying on our bunch of flaccid, passionless, overpaid prima-donnas to actually turn up and give a shit! That means they then fail to get top four and then hopefully they'll get to the final of the Thursday night challenge and get done by a newly resurgent, youthful Ajax. Still hate them with a passion!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

What a surprise, Clueless plays his love child ramsey - Just heard an interview with him (ramsey) on 5 Live and he has NOT a scooby - He was asked about criticism of him and he said non-players don't know football and shouldn't have an opinion, whereas when asked abuot wenger comparing him to Lumpalard - he said that lampard is a premier great and that the comparison is a 'compliment' the arrogant cun.t.

Shrek always scores against us even on a bad day, Ospina should be in goal not pete the plank, clueless now decides to play Holding instead of last week...arsene knows fuckall. :roll: :banghead:

Babu

Post by Babu »

.................................Cech...............................
............Holding...Koscielny...Monreal..........
Ox..........................................................Gibbs
..................Ramsey............Xhaka...................
Özil....................................................Sánchez
..............................Welbeck............................

...............................Rooney.............................
Mkhitaryan.............Mata...................Martial
..................Carrick................Herrera..............
Darmian.....Smalling.......Jones......Tuanzebe
...............................de Gea...............................

Setting up like this?
Maybe Mourinho will play more defensively, still with Pogba and Rashford to come on 2nd half?

Welbeck versus Smalling/Jones? Might get something there.

Or maybe more attacking? Will Wenger go for it?

.................................Cech...............................
............Holding...Koscielny...Monreal..........
................................Xhaka...............................
Ox............................................................Gibbs
...........Ramsey.......Ozil........Sánchez.............
..............................Welbeck..............................

I'm actually quite excited to see what Wenger and Mourinho do today.
I hope they both go for it, but sadly I think it has 0-0 written all over it.

11 years to the day after the last game at Highbury, and we are here...
where's "here"?

Trying to get into Top 4.
And a Cup Final to "look forward to".

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

so..........

Cech
Holding
Koscielny
Monreal
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Xhaka
Ramsey
Gibbs
Özil
Sánchez
Welbeck

Versus

de Gea
Tuanzebe
Jones
Smalling
Darmian
Herrera
Carrick
Mkhitaryan
Mata
Martial
Rooney

manure is not as weak as maureen tried to make out...

Babu

Post by Babu »

Martial up front, not Rooney.