Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Europa League

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clash wrote:The dilapidated south London adventure playgrounds that I used to play in during the mid 80s would give today's health and safety officers a fit. As would the 25ft high big slide that we used to climb up and sit on the top of the roof. Its gone now unsurprisingly. Nowadays I actually get vertigo at times ... don't know how I ever did some of those things I did as a boy. And dont know how my mum allowed it either :shock:

I remember one in Battersea Park which was like walking into a prison and seemed to be controlled by gangs of stick wielding kids who appeared to have their own patches and didn't take too kindly to anyone crossing their turf. Kids looked like they'd been left there for weeks on end and needed to fend for themselves in a horrible dystopian Lord of the Flies- Oz hybrid. My sister and I went a couple of times and then probably not wanting to push our luck, never went back.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

flash gunner wrote:
Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
Clash wrote:I thought Swiss Tony Adams was quite a clever choice of username :D
I was not being serious about the Swiss Toni thing, just didn't want to be offensive back, so I thought i would try and confuse.

Felt a bit guilty as well about ridiculing Harlow, as I know it's a fantastic new town, and has added greatly to the wonderfully rich tapestry that is ESSEX.

:x :x :x nothing wrong with Harlow :? :? :)

As for the UEFA Cup i look forward to being in something we could do quite well in :barscarf:

Does the Autoglass trophy still exist. Reckon we'd make the semis.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Clash wrote:The dilapidated south London adventure playgrounds that I used to play in during the mid 80s would give today's health and safety officers a fit. As would the 25ft high big slide that we used to climb up and sit on the top of the roof. Its gone now unsurprisingly. Nowadays I actually get vertigo at times ... don't know how I ever did some of those things I did as a boy. And dont know how my mum allowed it either :shock:

I remember one in Battersea Park which was like walking into a prison and seemed to be controlled by gangs of stick wielding kids who appeared to have their own patches and didn't take too kindly to anyone crossing their turf. Kids looked like they'd been left there for weeks on end and needed to fend for themselves in a horrible dystopian Lord of the Flies- Oz hybrid. My sister and I went a couple of times and then probably not wanting to push our luck, never went back.
:D :D

Battersea park and Kennington park were two of those I had in mind. The further out you went the less damaged they were and you could see what the others probably once looked like. I blame the 60s and 70s kids for a lot of the run down places us 80s kids got left with.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Herd wrote:My kids spent many many summers afternoons playing in the adventure playground ,seeing the animals, and splashing in the water pond outside ,they loved it ,we have similar in Hampstead and my lil one loves that too but Harlow was great my boys still remember it though they haven't been there for 20 plus years .
Nothings changed mate Pets corner is still there, the adventure playground and even the paddling pool during the summer holidays

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That is ONE Dodgy conversation there lads. :shock:

:wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:That is ONE Dodgy conversation there lads. :shock:

:wink:

Cant talk about Wenger anymore mate :cry: :cry: :cry:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Fao Rodders and SteveO.
Ive just had a butchers at next seasons line up from Greece...Olympiakos are in the Champs lge(3rd qualifying round) so with any luck they will get browned and papped in to the europa :barscarf: They do have quite a high coefficient though :( so may end up in pot1 beside us ..
Panathinaikos are also in the running for the europa aswell though 8) so we may get our matchday6 in Athens afterall :barscarf: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

:roll:

Now for some Greek Dancing for our three Athenians.... :dance: :dance: :dance:
:lol:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I want a Kazakh team in our group in September :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Hopefully Kairat, where Andrey Arshavin plays these days. I'd love to see him score the winner against us, run over to TOF and give him the wanker sign 8)

I'd quite fancy playing a Europa tie near the borders of China and Kyrgyzstan. This is what we bulldozed Highbury for :barscarf:
greengooner wrote:Its shit and we at the moment are shit, it's a match made in heaven, bring it on
So what you're saying is...

We are shite, they are shite; the tournament will be a massive pile of shite 8)

:barscarf:

Allgunsblazin wrote::roll:

Now for some Greek Dancing for our three Athenians.... :dance: :dance: :dance:
:lol:
Or doing some Greek bird up the shitter 8) :barscarf:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

I know this is going to sound fucking awful but I'm going to say it ,,, looks like the gods have delt Man U a winning hand for the final tonight , is that me barred :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Brightonnxtround wrote:I know this is going to sound fucking awful but I'm going to say it ,,, looks like the gods have delt Man U a winning hand for the final tonight , is that me barred :rubchin:
No, but that is a shit comment to make, mate. :|

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Sorry if I offend but let's face it probably the whole world will want Mancs to win tonight
Not me though something's never change and nor should they ............

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

One thing should have nothing to do with the other.

I'll be fervently behind AJax tonight and hope they do the :censored:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

arseofacrow wrote:One thing should have nothing to do with the other.

I'll be fervently behind AJax tonight and hope they do the :censored:
I fancy them.... :box:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I notice we've been installed as 12/1 favourites with Skybet to win next season's tournament :oops: :lol: fuck me :lol: le bulbeye..Europe.. :oops: tactics.. :oops: :lol: