CSKA Moscow (A) | Europa League QF L2 | Thu 12 Apr 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Paulio

Re: CSKA Moscow (A) | Europa League QF L2 | Thu 12 Apr 20:05

Post by Paulio »

Iwobi :oops:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

markyp wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 pm
Lacazette is gonna be a flop for us end of, the players never pass to him for some reason, we are playing with 10 men with him on the pitch, funny as soon as he goes off things open up for us, is he not making the runs? He seems to but not get noticed, it's been like this all season
They can't see him?

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:53 pm
Comedy Iwobi :coffeespit:
What a wanker!!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Iwobi is a joke player he reminds me a bit of Gervinho, possibly worse though.. :roll:
Last edited by sk-gtfo on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:52 pm
Apparently if we win Europa and Liverpool win CL then Spurs miss out on CLnext season :lol:
Not unless Chelsea finish top 4.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 pm
How slack was that from Ozil

In a team full of shit performances Ozil's was a disgrace. Weak and sloppy in possession and lazy and cowardly when not in possession. On 375k a week he could at least try and look like he gives a fuck.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Well done Ramsey, say what you want about certain aspects of his game but his composure is the complete opposite of Iwobi.

Sean

Post by Sean »

After an awful game tonight, a semi-final beckons to prolong the agony! :barscarf:

It was a decent line-up under the circumstances, although The Old Fraud couldn't help but put a couple of token pubbers on the bench. Nice to hear the commentator acknowledging TOF's lack of European trophies early in the game. He really does have an overblown and over-rated reputation, which totally minimizes any justifiable criticism he gets, or fails to get at all, which has helped extend this purgatory for a decade now.

We did well to keep any early goals from going in. Our time-wasting traditional slow and sideways style of play suited the situation perfectly. It's the only situation like this when I don't mind seeing us play that way. Passing sideways around their box keeps the ball away from our calamitous defence and goalkeeper. Us scoring is practically optional. Ramsey squared a good chance to shoot.

Of course, late in the dull first half, we make an absolute arse of things and concede. Cech saving, but letting the ball run free and the total lack of defensive reaction let them put the loose ball away. We always look likely to collapse at times like these. Soon after, Ramsey went off injured, putting us a man down for the last several minutes of the half. Weakling Wheelchair took several knocks in the half. He's too small and weak to be a PL title winner. If he leaves the club, he should play in Spain instead.

Ramsey made it back on for the second half. TOF deigned to give instructions to the players, as he does only when he senses his arse is on the line; seemingly having us go 5-4-1 and defensive. Then we went two down, once again thanks to the Czechian plank palming the ball back into danger and the defence leaving the attacker free and clear to score again. It's like Groundhog Day again.

Elneny scored an offside goal. Nice to see us attempt a shot on goal for a change. This is when we have to put all our sideways shite in the bin and drive forwards and take lots of shots to work their keeper. TOF knows best of course. Even Robbie Cúnting Savage could see the players didn't know what they are doing and were contriving to negate the first leg's advantage entirely. CSKA's away goal could have proved very costly. We were on the ropes.

TOF still waited until the 68th minute to take Wheelchair off for Chambers and didn't seem to have any interest in us attacking to extend our now-narrow advantage. When we sit back and invite pressure, it almost never works for us. Luckily, Welbeck scored from a one-two with Elneny and stuck it away to give us some much needed breathing room. Then the traditional substitution of Lacazette for YesMan PartyBoi. It's not easy to be in the 'Podolski position' of knowing you will never play ninety minutes regardless of performance.

Elneny played Ramsey through for the equalizer on the night. We were shite tonight, but we got away with it. TOF's unholy luck endures.

I cannot believe we have such a good chance of getting to a European final. It's the first semi-final for us since 2009. The kind draws we have had in the knock-out rounds up to this point have been ridiculous. I almost want us to be knocked out in the semi-finals, in order to spare us a painful defeat in the final itself. We did out best to throw it all away tonight. We will be bummed by any proper side.

I can't help but think getting to the final, regardless of the result, will only strengthen The Old Fraud's position and reduce any chance of that alleged break clause being enforced this summer. Losing one final this season was bad enough, without another one and TOF staying another season regardless of anything. I can't let myself accept that we can win this competition, even though it would be great to add to our paltry European successes for a club the size of ours.

The draw is tomorrow at 11am (UK). It will be tasty.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Elneny looked good. Should offer him another new contract!

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Speeeriiiiiiiiit :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

El Neny is not the answer to our problems but he has to start ahead of that absolute skid mark Xhaka for the rest of the season.

As for the helmet headed chav turd in goal, if literally start anyone instead of him. Worst goalkeeper out there.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Athletico
Marseille
Salzburg
Arsene F.C.

Marseille in the semis should See us go out!

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

Im afraid Wiltshire just doesn't appear to justify a contract (though Ozil doesn't deserve his new one either).

augie

Post by augie »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 pm
Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 pm
How slack was that from Ozil

In a team full of shit performances Ozil's was a disgrace. Weak and sloppy in possession and lazy and cowardly when not in possession. On 375k a week he could at least try and look like he gives a fuck.

Agree 100% 8)

Wilshere was indeed shite tonight, and I also agree with the earlier comment that his performances have been getting gradually worse for a number of weeks now. but that being said, no-one was as shite tonight as ozil :oops: :oops: I said all week that this game was high on my couldntgiveafuckscale, but it must have been off the charts on ozil's cos he really did not seem to give a shit. I defended him for most of his time with us cos he was largely playing with donkeys, but his attitude is a disgrace and his workrate has almost totally disappeared :evil: :evil:
New contract or no new contract, I would still sell the fcuker in the summer :censored: :censored: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:07 pm
Athletico
Marseille
Salzburg
Arsene F.C.

Marseille in the semis should See us go out!

Ath Madrid are the only team to fear on that list, and the way wenker's luck is holding it wouldnt surprise me one jot if we beat them in the semi or the final :roll: :cry: :cry: