AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by Allgunsblazin »

xisstential wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 pm
He couldn't win in Europe with one of the best teams assembled at AFC, he wasn't going to do it with one of the worst. His team, his players, his coaching staff, his wage structure...and he failed...AGAIN!!

Athletico are not all that either....if they were in the PL they would be between 6 -8th I would imagine. They defend very well, but who doesn't compared to us?

Oh well there's still the "Thank You" plane & Sunday's jamboree to look forward to :barscarf: :barscarf:
I did say that Pathletico were not that good, but being second in La Liga sticks in people's minds, can we get the plane up with the message fuck off wonga.... :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Think a few people are being harsh on Ramsey - he slotted two players in on goal with great passes and was all over the pitch first half.

Pretty poor second half but who wasn’t.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

AND BREATHE.

It's all over.

A new era can start,

A new hope. :barscarf:

Thank you and good night! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

1989 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:30 am
Özil will have an anonymous performance again here. Mark my words.
C**t

augie

Post by augie »

Keown absolutely tearing ozil apart - I have never heard a pundit go that hard on a player, but on this occasion I agree 100% with him :shock: :oops:

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:27 pm
Keown absolutely tearing ozil apart - I have never heard a pundit go that hard on a player, but on this occasion I agree 100% with him :shock: :oops:
Well even a stopped clock is right sometimes. Keowns opinion is worth sod all.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:17 pm
can't think of any players worth keeping anymore, i've never felt this before as an Arsenal fan. club has been left in a mess by such a complacent, arrogant manager and total hands-off approach from board level
chambers, holding, Lacazette, PEA, Ramsay I'd all keep.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
He really is a Rolls Royce player that we can't afford to carry. I'd have rather seen Miki on for him because he was really poor. He is renowned for his vision and passing, but tonight, both abilities vanished.

I was really surprised that we gave him that renewal, however, maybe under a new manager, like most of this team, he can perform.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

augie wrote:
Keown is ridiculous. Ozil is an expensive luxury, always has been he jots up his assists against average opposition. He is the very opposite of a big game player, always has been/ I hope we get rid of him, but to take him to task for failing against probably the best defensive side in Europe is nonsense. There are five words while we failed tonight: Arsene Wenger and Stan Kroenke.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Salzburg robbed 115th min non corner. .......oh ........ :censored: who cares!,

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:32 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:17 pm
can't think of any players worth keeping anymore, i've never felt this before as an Arsenal fan. club has been left in a mess by such a complacent, arrogant manager and total hands-off approach from board level
chambers, holding, Lacazette, PEA, Ramsay I'd all keep.
To be fair, this team is a good team, but not many of them are massively creative going forward and not many know where to be without the ball in certain situations, so they rely on last ditch defending. I think that I would probably ship out Mustafi and if there were any takers, I would also consider Ozil. I am sure that someone in China would want to buy him. Probably no one in Europe though that would pay the dough that we are paying him.

I have to say the Bellend to Juve rumour for £50 million would seriously tempt me.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Long time no post!

End of an era at last. At least this tie has stirred enough passion in me to be genuinely gutted that we lost and made me want to vent. Hasn’t happened in a while.

We seriously lack pace and athleticism. We’ve gone from Veira and Petit to watching Jack Wilshere plod around like he’s just smoked a pack of 50 and being unable to even stay in the same postcode as Costa when ‘tracking’ one of his runs.

Fullbacks atrocious and arguably the most shambolic failure of Wenger’s coaching, much more so than CBs imo. We’ve sacrificed so much to play them as virtual wingers and yet name me one in the latter day Wenger years who can even cross a fucking football. Jenkinson was probably the best!!! Fucking shambles.

Biggest game of the season and we don’t play our best goalkeeper. Enough said.

If I hear any more Arsenal fans say we’ve got great players I think I’ll scream. We’ve got a few good players but a terrible balance to the side. We’re good for knocking it around at home to West Ham and not much else.

The new manager is going to find he’s got a very overpaid squad of snowflakes to work with. I’m not holding my breath for a quick turnaround

augie

Post by augie »

cameron326 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:33 pm
augie wrote:
Keown is ridiculous. Ozil is an expensive luxury, always has been he jots up his assists against average opposition. He is the very opposite of a big game player, always has been/ I hope we get rid of him, but to take him to task for failing against probably the best defensive side in Europe is nonsense. There are five words while we failed tonight: Arsene Wenger and Stan Kroenke.

No that is a fcuking cop out - the two c.unts were not the ones that couldnt cross the ball or couldnt pass to a team-mate or couldnt make any runs :roll:

The part that keown (dickhea.d) said that will sting ozil most, is that he bets that ozil wont play another game this season cos he will have another mysterious illness :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

LDB wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:37 pm
Long time no post!

End of an era at last. At least this tie has stirred enough passion in me to be genuinely gutted that we lost and made me want to vent. Hasn’t happened in a while.

We seriously lack pace and athleticism. We’ve gone from Veira and Petit to watching Jack Wilshere plod around like he’s just smoked a pack of 50 and being unable to even stay in the same postcode as Costa when ‘tracking’ one of his runs.

Fullbacks atrocious and arguably the most shambolic failure of Wenger’s coaching, much more so than CBs imo. We’ve sacrificed so much to play them as virtual wingers and yet name me one in the latter day Wenger years who can even cross a fucking football. Jenkinson was probably the best!!! Fucking shambles.

Biggest game of the season and we don’t play our best goalkeeper. Enough said.

If I hear any more Arsenal fans say we’ve got great players I think I’ll scream. We’ve got a few good players but a terrible balance to the side. We’re good for knocking it around at home to West Ham and not much else.

The new manager is going to find he’s got a very overpaid squad of snowflakes to work with. I’m not holding my breath for a quick turnaround

Welcome back - I hope that many of the other members that have drifted away now return as we start a new era without the french c.unt :evil:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Welcome back. Ten days until sanity.