THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Offside

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Offside »

Mertesacker: "I'm so proud to be part of your journey" :shock:

I wonder if that's what one of Captain Smith's deputies said as the Titanic was going down

Blade

Post by Blade »

Part of the journey...

Blade

Post by Blade »

Per4 organising the defense..

Last edited by Blade on Sun May 06, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Zonal marking "i tot he was your man"
Last edited by Blade on Sun May 06, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blade

Post by Blade »

My fav : that's Petr Cech next to Pickford ,,,IN THE EVERTON BOX

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:59 pm
Anyone seen the puke inducing strips with messages from the players that are in the armoury? I read an article about it earlier but now can't find the link.

I really can't understand the love in for him now, through his own egotism and narcissism he has brought us to this lowly point but for some reason we are expected to give him this adulent send off for what achieved so long ago :banghead:

Agreed, it's sad that some people can't think for themselves. I bet you that the majority of those who are on the fence about wenker will be singing along today and wearing their free t-shirt.

As for those media cu.nts, well it's easy to be all nice about wenker when it's not your club and you don't have to pay to watch him destroy the team you have loved and followed all your life. Having watched them all continue to kiss TOF's arse up until pretty recently before finally turning on him shows that most of them really are hacks before they are football fans. They managed to ignore the views of the fans for years, effectively prolonging wenker's tenure, until they saw empty seats and the fucking penny finally dropped. Wankers the lot of them.

Offside

Post by Offside »

The wall playing the Nottingham Forest guy onside from the free-kick was one of my favourites :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Offside wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:11 am
The wall playing the Nottingham Forest guy onside from the free-kick was one of my favourites :lol:

Do you have no understanding man of the level of coaching it takes to achieve that level of defensive nous. Years from now the world's greatest coaches will sit and pontificate about the kind of mind that could come up with that :rubchin:
Clearly this is beyond the understanding of we mere mortals :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

#mercijosh

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 12:34 pm
#mercijosh
:barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

History being rewritten as we speak on Twitter..Bloke claiming "1-0 to The Arsenal " was made famous after Arsene Wenger's Arsenal beat Man Utd 1-0 in1998.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:16 pm
History being rewritten as we speak on Twitter..Bloke claiming "1-0 to The Arsenal " was made famous after Arsene Wenger's Arsenal beat Man Utd 1-0 in1998.
Jeeeezzzusss fuckin; Christt !? Really??? :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is he gone yet?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Is he gone yet?
Yes, from The Emirates at least, with the Gold Premier League Trophy won by the Invincibles for being Invincible as a parting gift..

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:13 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Is he gone yet?
Yes, from The Emirates at least, with the Gold Premier League Trophy won by the Invincibles for being Invincible as a parting gift..
Just posted in the Burnley thread about Wenger being given the trophy. I thinks its wrong because it was a team effort and we all played our part. Players, fans, management etc.

Its not healthy to make too much about one man ... but that sort of sums up what the club has been about for the last decade at least.