BURNLEY (6th place play off) HOME 6th May 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: BURNLEY (6th place play off) HOME 6th May 16:30

Post by augie »

ozil not even on the bench today ....... must be another "illness" :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

augie

Post by augie »

ozil has a "reoccurance of his back injury" and might not play again this season - keown must be pissing himself laughing at that :lol: :lol:

Of course the world cup is around the corner, but there is no way he is saving himself for that :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

ozil's ego has been groomed almost as much as our beloved leader's. wouldn't catch robbie savage throwing this many sickies :roll: :-P

augie

Post by augie »

I'm surprised that jack wilshere is playing tbh - I feel that he wouldnt be a wenker fan (despite the usual media soundbites) and I didnt think that he would want to be part of all the hoopla that today will bring. I also thought that, IF he is leaving the club next month, there is no point in him risking injury in the meantime when we have nothing left to play for

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I wonder what the odds are on Ozil being shipped out y the new manager are for the the summer window.

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:48 pm
I wonder what the odds are on Ozil being shipped out y the new manager are for the the summer window.

Should be an absolute no brainer - should provide a significant boost to the transfer budget, and will take a wedge off the wage bill (although no club will pay him 350k per week, so we will certainly be paying a chunk of that for the next few years :roll: :evil: )

markyp

Post by markyp »

anybody got a link to this shit fest?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:35 pm
The sadist in me wouldn't lose a wink of seep over him losing the game on this ''special day.''

I feel that, despite all of the wonderful memories he has facilitated in making (I'm of the view that the teams he had from 1996-2006 managed themselves for the most part due to the leaders in that team), he has had two very good opportunities to bow out on a high following the move to the Emirates, following the FA Cup final wins in 2014 and 2017. His ego, stubbornness and arrogance kept him going and it's that ego, that stubbornness and that arrogance which we will remember the most.

I've seen so many things about Arsene's legacy but the blinkered masses forget that a legacy is ALWAYS what you leave behind and what he is leaving behind is a squad that is further away from competing than the one he inherited in 1996, perhaps one of the worst defences in the club's modern history and a string of record and embarrassing defeats.

Thanks for being a part of the good times Wenger, but you are by far and large the biggest reason we've suffered as of late as well. Adios and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Well written post mate.

It seems to me that we are under some obligation not to judge Wenger on his whole 22 years but just isolate the 6-7 great years. Less than a third of his long reign was great. Most of it was mediocre.

One man surviving 14 seasons at a big club without even a title challenge is incredible in the modern game. Wenger has done an immense amount of damage to our club and much of it can never be repaired.

I also think it is crucial that the culture and philosophy that Wenger forced on us is recognised as being a failure .... and not something that shapes the future of the club.

I am looking forward to next season without Wenger but I feel to be successful again we need to eradicate as much as what he has brought to the club as possible.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Seeing the crowd all dressed in their red merci shirts and hearing "one AW", makes me glad I'm not there.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I've got to say Mavripanos looks half decent so far, and Chambers seems better without either Kos or Mustafi alongside him :rubchin:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:36 pm
Seeing the crowd all dressed in their red merci shirts and hearing "one AW", makes me glad I'm not there.
Agreed mate, I even know someone who has travelled down without a ticket,(with people who have), because he wants to be close. :shock: :roll:
He was incredulous that I could have got a ticket but didn't want to. :banghead:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Bollix to that wankfest glad i flogged my ticket

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Amy sign of the fly past?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Exactly one week until it's finally over :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

NickF wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:36 pm
vomit inducing. though the OAW was followed by the Vieira song. not sure why.