Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

OneBardGooner

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:18 am
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:52 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:43 am
This is going to get Seriously Tense over the next few weeks. :shock: :? :banghead:

There's Only One Allegri
One Allegri!
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Hail the mighty Allegri! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Scary thought but if Allegri comes we're all turning into AKB's...

No way mate, we will be MKBs - either way :wink:
ALLEGRI KNOWS BEST!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ps: fuckoff arteta. :banghead: :box:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:18 am
Mon May 14, 2018 7:52 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:43 am
This is going to get Seriously Tense over the next few weeks. :shock: :? :banghead:

There's Only One Allegri
One Allegri!
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Hail the mighty Allegri! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Scary thought but if Allegri comes we're all turning into AKB's...

No way mate, we will be MKBs - either way :wink:
ALLEGRI KNOWS BEST!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ps: fuckoff arteta. :banghead: :box:

MASSIMILIANO KNOWS BEST - catchy huh? :D :barscarf:

I refuse to ever be known as an AKB 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I'm coming round to Arteta now that I have seen that he is married to a former Miss Spain :D

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:02 am
I'm coming round to Arteta now that I have seen that he is married to a former Miss Spain :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you sorted your priorities right. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 am
Arteta 6/4
Allegri 7/4
Skybet

Arteta 6/5
Allegri 3/1

Paddy Power
Arteta 4/5
Allegri 4/1

888 Sport

only one way this is heading....
Fuck me not rocket science mate, no top established manager would risk his reputation going to the Arsenal...

silus

Post by silus »

Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 am
This is getting very interesting say the least. I'm gutted if they won't appoint Allegri, he would've been perfect fit for us.

But, I still think Arteta isn't coming as number one. It just doesn't make any sense. Would club release most of its backroom staff and employ a guy who won't bring his own staff with him as he doesn't have one? And why would Arteta leave City for us if he's only given number two role? Surely in that case he wants to stay with Pep.

On the other hand, we might choose the path of employing first team coach type of solution rather than manager because our backroom structure supports this kind of solution. We have Mislintant and Sanllehi in place to deal all the important backroom stuff so we might employ someone to take care the every day training and match management. Surely this kind of approach eliminates most of the top managers from our short lists?

But, if they choose to go with Arteta, I will support him 100%. It really doesn't matter one iota what kind of playing career he had if he's capable coach. Of course I'd be worried as fuck but would still support him 100%. The dream became reality now that Wenger's gone and I haven't been this excited in years. I won't be killing that excitement by judging the new man too soon. But also, the reality is that the new guy won't have many years to spend, he needs to provide results in few years time.
Good post mate. It seems some people are incapable of being happy. He's gone, it's time to look forward with a bit of optimism. Whilst I can't see the logic in appointing Arteta, and think it'll be a mistake...lets at least give him/whoever a chance. Cheer the fuck up people, if they fuck the appointment up...it will only be a short lived one.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Mon May 14, 2018 11:04 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you sorted your priorities right. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Christ, the more you think about it, the more it's beginning to look like we could get lumbered with Arteta :oops:

Allegri quoted that he won't leave Juve unless he is sacked and his bosses stated a couple of weeks back that they want him to stay :shock:

Enrique wants a huge salary and transfer war chest :shock:

Now old rat face is sticking the boot in saying we should have had our man lined up and ready to go and that whoever is in charge of this process is making a dog's dinner of it :oops:

I know our board are a bunch of dicks and more than capable, highly likely even, of fucking this whole thing up BUT a small part of me still believes that we are the Arsenal and we will get it right and not fuck it up. Then you think about the board again and remember that none of them are the Arsenal that I refer to - oh shit! We're doomed :shock:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Rodders is that you?

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

silus wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:32 am
Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 am
This is getting very interesting say the least. I'm gutted if they won't appoint Allegri, he would've been perfect fit for us.

But, I still think Arteta isn't coming as number one. It just doesn't make any sense. Would club release most of its backroom staff and employ a guy who won't bring his own staff with him as he doesn't have one? And why would Arteta leave City for us if he's only given number two role? Surely in that case he wants to stay with Pep.

On the other hand, we might choose the path of employing first team coach type of solution rather than manager because our backroom structure supports this kind of solution. We have Mislintant and Sanllehi in place to deal all the important backroom stuff so we might employ someone to take care the every day training and match management. Surely this kind of approach eliminates most of the top managers from our short lists?

But, if they choose to go with Arteta, I will support him 100%. It really doesn't matter one iota what kind of playing career he had if he's capable coach. Of course I'd be worried as fuck but would still support him 100%. The dream became reality now that Wenger's gone and I haven't been this excited in years. I won't be killing that excitement by judging the new man too soon. But also, the reality is that the new guy won't have many years to spend, he needs to provide results in few years time.
Good post mate. It seems some people are incapable of being happy. He's gone, it's time to look forward with a bit of optimism. Whilst I can't see the logic in appointing Arteta, and think it'll be a mistake...lets at least give him/whoever a chance. Cheer the fuck up people, if they fuck the appointment up...it will only be a short lived one.
Thanks mate. I agree with you 100%, let's look at the bright side now and put our focus on that. Wenger's gone, let's be happy about that. After all that is something all of us dreamed about for years.

But as I posted earlier, I can't see the logic in hiring Arteta, it just doesn't make any sense. But if we do then so be it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

interestingly the move this morning has been for Brendan Rodgers - now just 9/2 with Betfred

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:33 am
Some bloke called Unai Emery is now the dark horse. Did well with Sevilla and now in charge at PSG no less.

Would inevitably be known to us as "Dick". As in "ooooooh, you are awful..........but I like you".

How old??? That'll be lost on the younger viewers

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
:D

Sadly I expect most of us are married to a current Miss Pain :roll:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Arteta would not be my choice but I hope we get properly behind him if appointed. People think of Allegri as a "winner" which is no bad thing of course. But the realty is that the next Arsenal manager, whoever it is, is almost certainly not going to be a winner with this team, more of a sorter outer, with the aim of pushing us back up to 3rd or 4th after two or three seasons, leapfrogging Liverpool and/or Tottenham and/or Chelsea. I hope I'm wrong and the next manager can turn water into wine, but more than likely its the manager after this one who can hopefully be the miracle worker and bring success like at the beginning of Wenger's reign.

augie

Post by augie »

cameron326 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:51 pm
Arteta would not be my choice but I hope we get properly behind him if appointed. People think of Allegri as a "winner" which is no bad thing of course. But the realty is that the next Arsenal manager, whoever it is, is almost certainly not going to be a winner with this team, more of a sorter outer, with the aim of pushing us back up to 3rd or 4th after two or three seasons, leapfrogging Liverpool and/or Tottenham and/or Chelsea. I hope I'm wrong and the next manager can turn water into wine, but more than likely its the manager after this one who can hopefully be the miracle worker and bring success like at the beginning of Wenger's reign.

This isnt about winning or losing next season - this is about sorting out the shitfest that wenker has left behind, and you do not bring in a rookie that has had zero days as a manager of any team, to clear the mess up. A novice manager might well add to the shitfest and ensure that even the manager after him will have zero hope of becoming proper challengers again :evil:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:40 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Rodders is that you?
No, but am intrigued to see more of Miss Spain - especially her burger 8)