Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Unai Emery

Post by Gunner Rob »

Unai Emery will be the next Arsenal manager and is to be confirmed this week.

apparently a unanimous decision by the board. Exciting times!

NickF

Re: Unai Emery

Post by NickF »

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Thank God common sense has prevailed...! Looking forward to next season now :barscarf: :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

begeegs wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:58 pm
Thank God common sense has prevailed...! Looking forward to next season now :barscarf: :barscarf:
I'm not sure it did actually, rumour has it Arteta wanted more control over transfers and decided against the job rather than the board actually making the decision. :roll:

Anyway whatever I guess..

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Paddy Power
Emery 1/25
Arteta 17/2

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:01 pm
begeegs wrote:
I'm not sure it did actually, rumour has it Arteta wanted more control over transfers and decided against the job rather than the board actually making the decision. :roll:

I will take any morsel of hope at this point. To think that Arteta with 2 years of coaching under his belt was the favourite....

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

From one Dick to another, Exciting times. About time too :barscarf:

silus

Post by silus »

Not Wenger.
Not Arteta.
I'm happy :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

I'm relieved it's not gonna be Arteta & Henry.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

silus wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:03 pm
Not Wenger.
Not Arteta.
I'm happy :D
All we need now is the Emery deal to break down for the club to fall back on you know who... Brendan Rodgers!.

:twisted: :twisted:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Not convinced. This is the guy who set up his PSG team to lose 6-1 at Barcelona when they were 4-0 up from the first leg. We should be knocking on Antonio Conte’s door, he knows how to win leagues and he actually understands how to defend.

Less boring than you might think, was at the recent Chelsea v Liverpool match and Klopp’s probable starting CL side were totally outplayed...

Oh well.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Great news! Am surprised, happy and relieved, and looking forward to the season.

:barscarf:

silus

Post by silus »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:01 pm
begeegs wrote:

I don't buy that Arteta turned it down myself, I think if the board really wanted him he'd have been appointed days ago. I still think they thought they were getting Allegri..and then didn't have any plan b.
It doesnt really matter how we got there but we did in the end...so maybe we can all try to be positive for a bit :barscarf:

silus

Post by silus »

Block93 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 pm
Not convinced. This is the guy who set up his PSG team to lose 6-1 at Barcelona when they were 4-0 up from the first leg. We should be knocking on Antonio Conte’s door, he knows how to win leagues and he actually understands how to defend.

Less boring than you might think, was at the recent Chelsea v Liverpool match and Klopp’s probable starting CL side were totally outplayed...

Oh well.
I knew someone would come up with the Barca game...im sure it was "special circumstances" mate :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Pleased if it comes to pass, PSG was not a barometer. Domestically no challenge means its tough in Europe when you do face decent sides, as such i'm not going to hold PSG time against him.

No hes not a top top tier manager/name, but we are not currently going to get one of them...and lets not forget PSG, who are now one of the biggest in Europe trusted him. hes definitely in the 2nd tier of top managers, has good experience and record in Spain. infinitely better choice than the simply mental one of arteta. of the others rumored, id have emery over all bar allegri, conte and ancellotti, rather have emery than pv4.

just had a look at Ornsteins twittter tweet, and what i don't get is all the mouth breathers unhappy about this that we're not getting arteta (hopefully as its not confirmed). these folks truly are the pricks who have facilitated years of wenger and see no wrong in a weak captain of his with 0 qualifications or attributes for the job, being appointed. i hate those 'fans' with a passion.