ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by 1989 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 pm
1989 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Best DM in memory, Makelele, was 5'6.

Lads like Sokratis will deal with the aerial battles.
Best DM by a mile was PV14. Pace, power, athletism, ability to shield the back 4 turn defence into attack, run with the ball. He had the lot. Ohh and he was 6ft plus.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Vieira was not a DM. He was a box to box CM.

augie

Post by augie »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:56 pm
height doesn't really have a bearing on physicality, look at keane and scholes.

anyway, a bit perturbed ornstein hasn't tweeted since may, his is the opinion i'm holding out for if we're gonna announce anymore signings soon. he's been quiet foe a while now, seems to sokratis thing really should go through, question is when?

Scholes was a dirty thug - he was extremely talented, but he couldnt tackle for shit so dont mistake that for physicality

Herd

Post by Herd »

In response to Gooner Muzz ,our defense for too many seasons has simply been left to it's own devices ,no training no organization just a vague principal of defending in fact its always been that way only we had players that held it together in the past .
A new manager might change this ,if not then the culprits will be outed its simple and goes for any player .

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

It would be a mistake to get rid of Iwobi. He has raw talent and serious pace. I have been frustrated in the past due to his poor ability in front of goal, but selling him would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

New managers, new starts. Xhaka is another is I think would do well under Emery. And rather than selling these players, keep them, & give them competition = deeper bench, and more competition for places fueling desire for improvement.

Wengers biggest weakness was complacency, and that turned good players average. A lot of players are going to be different under Emery.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:57 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:56 pm
height doesn't really have a bearing on physicality, look at keane and scholes.

anyway, a bit perturbed ornstein hasn't tweeted since may, his is the opinion i'm holding out for if we're gonna announce anymore signings soon. he's been quiet foe a while now, seems to sokratis thing really should go through, question is when?

Scholes was a dirty CUNTT - he was extremely talented, but he couldnt tackle for shit so dont mistake that for physicality
:high5:

The Cuntt was a Ginger Day Walker one eyebrowed dirty fuckka - I remember him taking Antonio Reyes out at the hip level and the ref (mike dean??) did fuck all except award a free -kick...

GTG

Post by GTG »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:34 pm
Herd wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm
I actually think that Mustafi could play DM, and I also think that with coaching Holding and possibly even Chambers can make it as defenders .
Bellerin might still be the defensive savior that he was before he was told not to defend ,that leaves only the left back.
Coaching is what they all need need ,and lots of it !
Talking of coaching why does the website still show all the people I thought were sacked ,including boro,johnson,peyton ,banfield etc ???

I also think that, with the correct coaching, Kolasinaic and Xhaka could be improved immensely or even re-invented? I'd keep hold of Holding all day long. Perez too, come to that.
I really think that there are players in the squad whom will realise their potential with Dick, as opposed to TOF.
A keeper is a must, (isn't Pope available for £20-25m?).
A defence that is drilled to defend and not turn backs on a shot/cross. Zonal marking is a no go too.
Get rid of Jack and Aaron to boost the coffers. Perhaps even rid of Lacazette for the same reason. Oh, and Welbeck too.
Oh, and as for Bellend - I was ignored as a hipster at the Canadian Grand Prix. Pleas God, where are the Barcawhores when you need them?
Fair play I was creasing when they ignored Bellend to get an interview with someone else! the look on the arrogant twats face was an absolute picture :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

1989 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 pm
1989 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Best DM in memory, Makelele, was 5'6.

Lads like Sokratis will deal with the aerial battles.
Best DM by a mile was PV14. Pace, power, athletism, ability to shield the back 4 turn defence into attack, run with the ball. He had the lot. Ohh and he was 6ft plus.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Vieira was not a DM. He was a box to box CM.
Yeah...but that guy seemed to do everything, certainly provided fantastic protection for the back 4 alongside Petit

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GTG wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:34 pm
Herd wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm
I actually think that Mustafi could play DM, and I also think that with coaching Holding and possibly even Chambers can make it as defenders .
Bellerin might still be the defensive savior that he was before he was told not to defend ,that leaves only the left back.
Coaching is what they all need need ,and lots of it !
Talking of coaching why does the website still show all the people I thought were sacked ,including boro,johnson,peyton ,banfield etc ???

I also think that, with the correct coaching, Kolasinaic and Xhaka could be improved immensely or even re-invented? I'd keep hold of Holding all day long. Perez too, come to that.
I really think that there are players in the squad whom will realise their potential with Dick, as opposed to TOF.
A keeper is a must, (isn't Pope available for £20-25m?).
A defence that is drilled to defend and not turn backs on a shot/cross. Zonal marking is a no go too.
Get rid of Jack and Aaron to boost the coffers. Perhaps even rid of Lacazette for the same reason. Oh, and Welbeck too.
Oh, and as for Bellend - I was ignored as a hipster at the Canadian Grand Prix. Pleas God, where are the Barcawhores when you need them?
Fair play I was creasing when they ignored Bellend to get an interview with someone else! the look on the arrogant twats face was an absolute picture :D
That was cringeworthy, mind you Brundle seemed to have an immediate dislike of Bellerin....Hipster... :D :D

Post by 1989 »

Sky Sports: Arsenal in talks to sign Torreira

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 7801546753

:barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Breaking News on Sky we are in talks with Lucas Torreira , lets get this deal done :D

Post by 1989 »

phpBB [video]

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Also just said advanced talks with Turkish defender Caglar Soyuncu and Maitland Niles has signed a new contract with squad number 15 :barscarf:

Fulham are interested in Callum Chambers , I'd personally rather see Mustafi go.

Midz

Post by Midz »

If they're gonna do any transfer business before the world cup they better get a move on because it starts on Thursday.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm
Also just said advanced talks with Turkish defender Caglar Soyuncu and Maitland Niles has signed a new contract with squad number 15 :barscarf:

Fulham are interested in Callum Chambers , I'd personally rather see Mustafi go.
Wholeheartedly agree, plus homegrown players should be given a second look as I just have the feeling they will ultimately have more to offer with some quality coaching which was missing big time..

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm

sort the wheat from the chaff...or words to that effect.. :mrgreen: