Numpty pundits thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Numpty pundits thread

Post by goonersid »

Ahh I know it’s World Cup related! but after Ferdinumbs Norwegians comment and Ally useless fucking bitter little c u n t Mc coists “Croatia have a corner in a dangerous are” comment?

robbo10

Re: Numpty pundits thread

Post by robbo10 »

If I had a quid for every time I've heard a commentator say "This is Koeman range" when Holland/Barcelona/whoever else he played for got a free-kick with-in 60 yards of goal.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Roy Keane on ITV after disagreeing about a VAR saying we enjoy human error in the game.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:08 pm
Roy Keane on ITV after disagreeing about a VAR saying we enjoy human error in the game.
Have to agree with him

John F

Post by John F »

What no one realizes is to become a pundit you have to go to knobheads university to get a degree in the bleeding obvious.Lawrenson has a masters in it.

NickF

Post by NickF »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:29 pm
NickF wrote:
Have to agree with him
:shock:

If technology exists why not use it?

Herd

Post by Herd »

lee Dixon was poor when the Swiss pushed the defender for the goal it was blatant and gained an advantage but dicko said no.
VAr or not to Var is ruining the tournament but then shit or corrupt reffing has always been a feature of world cups !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We'll keep this one going as some of the PL commentary does be priceless too. Post your favourite gaffs here. :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

"Xhaka positioning has been poor" our old friend an expert in playing players out of position Wenger on bein sports .

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
NickF wrote:
Have to agree with him

Mixed opinions on this tbh - if it is accepted that players make mistakes, then why should match officials be any different ? At the same time, it really pisses me off when I basically watch the football equivalent of wwe every time a corner is awarded - defending set pieces used to be an art form as a result of coaching, but now players just wrap two arms around his oppenent and it is impossible for the referee to see it :evil:

My big knock on it is that it is be done purely for financial reasons - people will talk about a team being screwed out of a game due to poor decision(s), but the reality is that there is so much at stake financially in every game that fifa are afraid to do nothing :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

John F wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:01 am
"Xhaka positioning has been poor" our old friend an expert in playing players out of position Wenger on bein sports .
Priceless

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
NickF wrote:
Have to agree with him

because even with tech. they get it wrong, France VAR given penalty on Saturday was not a pen

Post by 1989 »

John F wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:01 am
It's a fake quote. He didn't say that.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Slaven Bilic with the best (and most appropriate) punditry ever! :lol:

Thought Wrighty was going to piss in his pants!

https://youtu.be/Wl35773W7Aw

Clash

Post by Clash »

Punditry has been superb.

If it wasnt for the presenter, the 3 pundits, the commentator, the co-commentator and the pitch side reporter, I wouldnt have a clue what the fuck I was watching!